TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hey Y'all, Look What I Found!

TexasShelby

I'm not here to start anything with you LSR. You and I have many friends in common here.

I just wanted to point out that many of your "facts," as you posted, on the future values of our cars are not and can not be called "facts" unless you absolutely know what the future will bring.

I hope our cars hold their values well. I'm sure we all do. But comparing 2007/2008 to 60's Shelbys might be a bit premature and some of the "data" that KBB, Edmunds and the rest post may not be as accurate as it could or should be.

And I'm NOT trying to turn this into a ADM type thread - really.

Trust me Joe, I agree with you 100%

After seeing the value listed in the Kelly Blue Book, I called my insurance company and asked my agent who months ago could only use market value/window sticker for if my car was to get stolen. But he informed me that his new NADA book shows my car used at $64k+, Which I was shocked and very happy to hear. This is why I felt that atleast the 2007 current value listed in the magazine was accurate becasue my insurance agent verified it when I call him.

I know I couldn't sell my car to an individual for $64k, but I now know I can sell it to my insurance company if it gets stolen like my car before my Shelby.

As for the future value predictions I also feel the same as you that their is no facts to support them. I was only posting what I read to get others input. As for what I believe is one thing, and I do believe our cars could sell for more than what we paid 20 years are so from now. As for how much, that is up to the buyer/s right?

Another good thing, this post caused us to debate & communicate with one another in a civil manner :hysterical:

Quote from Joe G

"If you say the 2007's are now worth $65000, why aren't they selling for that? Why are you saying they're worth $10-15k more than they're actually selling for? Doesn't this prove that the KBB and others are just estimating? These aren't real and true numbers? That they MIGHT just be wrong?"

Kelly Blue Book is were the $65000 value comes from and just recently released. We are all lucky that it just was released, because if dealers had this info. in front of them when order banks were opened back March 06, then I wouldn't have paid $47,000 OTD and many others that paid MSRP.

Kelly Blue Book is the auto retail biz. Bible

And it shows my car valued at $64,000+ and my car has 5000 miles on it. And click on the new car tab, add options and you will see the same value pop up as well + a few more dollars.

Check it out:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingRep...ition=Excellent

Joe it is not what I believe, but what I see.

Kelly Blue Book is the auto retail biz. Bible

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

I only wish that were true!

Reality check. On AVERAGE, our USED SUV's and Trucks are all priced between $2,500 - $4,500 below what KBB retail values show. So if KBB is the retail biz bible then I need to get out there and raise those prices! We are leaving THOUSANDS of dollars on the table and the consumers are getting the best of us! LOL

This is another perfect example of how inflated these book values can be.

KBB has the most inflated RETAIL values and NADA has the most inflated trade-in values.

But if you compared all the sites and what they all show the values are on the same vehicle with same equipment and miles they will all have a different value posted.

So which one has the correct values posted????

Depends! If you are the consumer you will take the one that shows the highest value when selling or trading your car and take the lowest one when purchasing the car. Then all the others won't mean anything and you would say they are BS! LOL

Go to any dealer and try trading it in for $50K, with even 10 miles on it. It isn't going to happen for anywhere near $65k. If you believe that, just go down and try it. Let us know how that worked out for you? If you believe your car is worth that, please put the bong down and push away from the table. I think Ford had the value of this car as it was, priced right. I for one, wish I would have paid that, and not $10,000 over. Sorry if I disapoint some of you, but I don't try and BS anyone. Edited for sensitivity issues. LOL

:redcard:

I think this is getting blown way out of proportion. I think everyone understand that they are just projections. Who knows if they will ever reach that amount. Its kind of neat to think that my 55k car will some day be worth 300K, but I don't really care. To me the car is priceless. Every time I look at it, I feel like a little kid on Christmas. :headspin: :happy feet: I bought it because it was a Shelby, not as an investment and I have a better chance being buried in the car then selling it.

My only question about the projections is why are the 08's 10K more than the 07's?

I think this is getting blown way out of proportion. I think everyone understand that they are just projections. Who knows if they will ever reach that amount. Its kind of neat to think that my 55k car will some day be worth 300K, but I don't really care. To me the car is priceless. Every time I look at it, I feel like a little kid on Christmas. :headspin: :happy feet: I bought it because it was a Shelby, not as an investment and I have a better chance being buried in the car then selling it.

My only question about the projections is why are the 08's 10K more than the 07's?

+1

I agree. I bought this car for right now. I want to drive it and enjoy it. If in the future it is worth something more, great, but I'm sure going to enjoy it while I can. Hell I'll be 76 in 40 years. What am I going to do with all that money then (other than buy a gallon of gas.)

I think it's a lot like the Harley.

There has been a great demand for them with all the boomers retiring, so demand has gone through the roof, along with price.

You remove that demand...(they get too old or tired of muscle cars and bikes) and the prices could fall like crazy.

I remember in the mid 70's you couldn't give away a 69 hemi roadrunner or hemi cuda, the only thing holding their money were the SS Chevelles and GTOs...now look at them, they are stupid with price. The best comedy on TV is Barrett-Jackson.

So did I buy mine for investment. kind of. I know, if I take care of it, enjoy it and when I'm ready (if I ever am), I'll get most of what I have in it, back. Or even make a little.

Is it going to be my 401K, I'm not banking on it. But it'd be nice if they did appreciate over the years.

Rule of 72: Divide 72 by your interest rate, that's how long it will take your investment to double. Buy a GT500 + SuperSnake for $80,000, maybe you'll get what the magazine says.

Or in your 401k, at only 4% return, it takes 18 years to double, so in 40 years (2048), it's doubled about twice: $80,000 x 2 x 2 = $320,000.

At a more realistic 7% return, it doubles 4 times (every 10 years), so $80,000 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = $1,280,000.

I wouldn't collapse the retirement plan either way, by any means. However, if you can have the car for 40 years, and keep it and enjoy it, anything you get out the other end is a bonus.

As to what it will be like to have this beast without gas around, I think I'll re-watch the Mad Max movies... :lol:

Rule of 72: Divide 72 by your interest rate, that's how long it will take your investment to double. Buy a GT500 + SuperSnake for $80,000, maybe you'll get what the magazine says.

Or in your 401k, at only 4% return, it takes 18 years to double, so in 40 years (2048), it's doubled about twice: $80,000 x 2 x 2 = $320,000.

At a more realistic 7% return, it doubles 4 times (every 10 years), so $80,000 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = $1,280,000.

I wouldn't collapse the retirement plan either way, by any means. However, if you can have the car for 40 years, and keep it and enjoy it, anything you get out the other end is a bonus.

As to what it will be like to have this beast without gas around, I think I'll re-watch the Mad Max movies... :lol:

:hysterical2:

+1 Vogon!

:hysterical: you guys are right on target, I'm blessed with some older cars along with my gt500. They have good insurance and I drive them like their's no tomorrow. Investment?? Think that person that bought that 67 shelby

had any idea what he had? Only time will tell. my two cents from restoring the old ones, if your mod-ifying,

safe the original parts, their is something about # matching cars, and by the way in 30 years I'll only be 83.

waiting for the 40th call.#122 :happy feet:

#103 40th here, I just talk to Cynthia yesterday and she said that they are just getting to the 30s and 40s and that they maybe getting to me around Feb.

:banghead: I got an e-mail from cynthia and # 122 will be next year. am I upset?? Well I'm on the roof ready to jump. I hope someone

on this board will talk me down, I think not, that would just move someone up on the list, and my wife would have the car, life insurance,

and probably a hard body to enjoy everthing with. Well I'm climbing down now, I'll just; well maybe someone else will jump and I'll move

up on the list. LOL :headspin:

I think it's a lot like the Harley.

There has been a great demand for them with all the boomers retiring, so demand has gone through the roof, along with price.

You remove that demand...(they get too old or tired of muscle cars and bikes) and the prices could fall like crazy.

I remember in the mid 70's you couldn't give away a 69 hemi roadrunner or hemi cuda, the only thing holding their money were the SS Chevelles and GTOs...now look at them, they are stupid with price. The best comedy on TV is Barrett-Jackson.

So did I buy mine for investment. kind of. I know, if I take care of it, enjoy it and when I'm ready (if I ever am), I'll get most of what I have in it, back. Or even make a little.

Is it going to be my 401K, I'm not banking on it. But it'd be nice if they did appreciate over the years.

Texas,

I remember those days. I think a lot of it had to do with the gas crisis...we have one now and we have a comeback of muscle cars...go figure. I can tell you this, here in California, Arnold is pushing for higher emissions standards by the 2009 production date. He says the heck with the Feds he's going to make it a State mandate. My point here is, if you haven't purchased your dream you better get on it before you can't.

Rip

• 2 weeks later...

Look guys, its a win/win...at worst our shelbys will retain their value and if we hold onto them say 10 years, who knows...

Even at break even, you aren't out any money, AND you get to drive around king of the town always got my windows rolled down! Eggman! Thats right taxi driver- Im the eggman! sorry- had a late 80's flashback to the beasties...enjoy and try not think what this car can make you- it would make most of us cry to sell it anyway. So help me god, if my wife finds out in 10 years this car is worth a million bucks and asks me to sell it, Im gonna puke! :censored: So Im kinda hoping that I can use "the its worth more to US if we keep it card" :redcard:

just my .02

Archived