TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Alabamaians

hotrodbob

Birmingham, here. I have a 2007 GT500 vert, a 2008 SGT-C and a 1965 HiPo vert. We should meet up at one of the cruise ins.

Safe driving and God bless,

Al

• 3 weeks later...
Hey 07Hoss, Anniston/Oxford here too! I grew up in the area, family still lives there...possibly moving back there in two months from Bham! Just bought an 08 GT500 back in April.....were you ever apart of the Model City Mustang Club?

No sir, never part of that club but i am a member of streetstangs.net you are more than welcome to join in all of you. Just a bunch of alabama stangers. We have a few get togethers and we are having track day in Montgomery Al. Oct. 18. I believe there are 20 wholes open if any one wants to run. There will also be a show and shine area there also for those that don't want to go down the track. Spectators alway welcome, I went for the first time last year and it was a blast!

No sir, never part of that club but i am a member of streetstangs.net you are more than welcome to join in all of you. Just a bunch of alabama stangers. We have a few get togethers and we are having track day in Montgomery Al. Oct. 18. I believe there are 20 wholes open if any one wants to run. There will also be a show and shine area there also for those that don't want to go down the track. Spectators alway welcome, I went for the first time last year and it was a blast!

'07 hoss' ,not sure about the Oct thing but well sign up. I do need some time off. On top of that lets try and have a get together sometime and find a place for all of us to meet. I am in the Enterprise area.

• 2 weeks later...
'07 hoss' ,not sure about the Oct thing but well sign up. I do need some time off. On top of that lets try and have a get together sometime and find a place for all of us to meet. I am in the Enterprise area.

Cool that will work, you may know a guy by the name of Edgar from that area. He will be running the track day event. He owns a 1986 gt kind of a deep wine color with ghost flames, good guy.

Congrats on the Shelby! I call S.E. Alabama home, but the AF keeps me moving. Heading to Valdosta, GA next month. Maybe see you at a large southeast gathering someday.

Drive safe,

Keith

thanks, i hope to meet a lot of shelby owners sometime, we have a legacy to live together! lol

Hey 07Hoss, Anniston/Oxford here too! I grew up in the area, family still lives there...possibly moving back there in two months from Bham! Just bought an 08 GT500 back in April.....were you ever apart of the Model City Mustang Club?

we will have to meet up sometime, i have added the shelby razors to mine just in case you see me arouond some time.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe we can get together sometime before OCT. Yes I know Edger very well. I have put on some new wheels and added some underdrive pullies and a new tune.

What kind of tune did you go with and can you tell a difference with underdrives.

Birmingham, here. I have a 2007 GT500 vert, a 2008 SGT-C and a 1965 HiPo vert. We should meet up at one of the cruise ins.

Safe driving and God bless,

Al

Ah ha! So you must be the one with the GT-C in town. I can't tell you how many people ask me who owns that car!! They think I know every Shelby owner in town I guess. We should all get together sometime at the weekend cruise ins in Birmingham or somewhere.

Also the 45th anniversary of the Mustang will be in Birmingham at Barber Motorsport next April so start getting ready! Magic City Mustangs is the host club for the event and we are planning a lot of things. Here is the link for more info and the application to be in the show if you want.

magiccitymustangs.com

The last reported number was they are expecting 9000+ Mustangs being represented from all over. We have had a gentleman from Australia talking for over a year with us about most of his club coming. Can't miss an event this close to home!

...and we still should all get together sometime.

Ah ha! So you must be the one with the GT-C in town. I can't tell you how many people ask me who owns that car!! They think I know every Shelby owner in town I guess. We should all get together sometime at the weekend cruise ins in Birmingham or somewhere.

Also the 45th anniversary of the Mustang will be in Birmingham at Barber Motorsport next April so start getting ready! Magic City Mustangs is the host club for the event and we are planning a lot of things. Here is the link for more info and the application to be in the show if you want.

magiccitymustangs.com

The last reported number was they are expecting 9000+ Mustangs being represented from all over. We have had a gentleman from Australia talking for over a year with us about most of his club coming. Can't miss an event this close to home!

...and we still should all get together sometime.

Yes, yes and yes. I am/was a member of magic city mustangs. I joined about this time last year and plan on being a part of the 45th celebration with all three mustangs. I plan on going to the Krispy Kreme cruise in on the first Saturday in September; hope to see you there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guy's anybody up for meeting somewhere?

Try the Krispy Kreme, 1st Saturday of every month cruise in. This is on Highway 31 in Hoover and goes from 9 to 12. Hope to see you there.

• 3 months later...
OK, it is time to think about getting together some where.

Hey Hotrodbob,

You are welcome to come join our Southern Stang Mustang Club Cruise-in Saturday 2/21/09 at the Buffalo Wildwings in Alabaster, Alabama at the corner of I-65 and hwy 31 in the Alabaster Prominade shopping center. I think we are going to meet up around 3pm there to enjoy a few hours of sunlight before getting something to eat.

We have a good group of Stangers that meets pretty frequently (almost every Saturday during the warmer months). We usually have between 10 and 50 cars with each cruise-in.

We have a few shelby's in our club, and could always use more !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I will be at Pensacola! Looking forward to it and meeting other TS members!

hi i am robin with southernstang we are going also redshelbycobra gt500

• 1 month later...
Hey Bama Folks,

Other than the Huntsville show, is there anything going on in/around the Birmingham area in the next few weeks?

Thanks!

Sudguy4

Yes, there are several shows coming up, including:

Cruise in on May 17th at the Walgreens on Hwy 150 where you turn to go to Ross Bridge (just a little north of I-459). 2-5pm Come out and help us "earn" some door prizes for the upcoming "Best Car Show Regardgless - 2009"

May 23rd: show at Jim Skinner Ford.

• 3 weeks later...

Cruise in on June 27th from 9 to Noon @ Bruster's Ice Cream - Caldwell Mill Road and Valleydale Road (next to Winn Dixie). This is north Shelby County between Hwy 280 & I-65.

This is a cruise in to celebrate the life of Earl Donegan; he was a great guy and very passionate about cars. His 1968 GT500 KR convertible will be there along with several other cars of his. We want your Shelby to be there too.

Hope to see you there! Attached below is the show flyer.

Donegan_Memorial_Drive_In_June_2009.pdf

Donegan_Memorial_Drive_In_June_2009.pdf

Cruise in on June 27th from 9 to Noon @ Bruster's Ice Cream - Caldwell Mill Road and Valleydale Road (next to Winn Dixie). This is north Shelby County between Hwy 280 & I-65.

This is a cruise in to celebrate the life of Earl Donegan; he was a great guy and very passionate about cars. His 1968 GT500 KR convertible will be there along with several other cars of his. We want your Shelby to be there too.

Hope to see you there! Attached below is the show flyer.

Hey Al,

I think we will be bringing the Southern Stangs to this one, and should include a few Shelby's with our group. Earl Donegan was a super nice guy. I still have a picture of my Red/White GT500 next to his Red/White Ford GT, and next to Lee's Red/White Shelby Cobra in the same picture (Same color combination for all 3 cars).

Hey Al,

I think we will be bringing the Southern Stangs to this one, and should include a few Shelby's with our group. Earl Donegan was a super nice guy. I still have a picture of my Red/White GT500 next to his Red/White Ford GT, and next to Lee's Red/White Shelby Cobra in the same picture (Same color combination for all 3 cars).

Hopefully we can re-create that picture with my GT500 vert in there, too. Glad you all can make it; your club is a great group and Earl was one of the best.

Archived