TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Hood Scoop Pictures

1965coupe

Managed to snap these last night. Sorry, the picture quality is pretty bad- I was using my phone.

While I was trying to take these pictures, the salesman couldn't get over that fact that I DRIVE my car.. He said, "If I had one, it would be covered up in the garage for 20 years." :rolleyes:

The blue car has a better scoop than the orange car.

Nov2007009.jpg

Nov2007008.jpg

Nov2007007.jpg

Nov2007006.jpg

Nov2007005.jpg

Nov2007004.jpg

Nov2007003.jpg

Enjoy.. If you need any more pictures, let me know. The cars won't be sold any time soon with the $5k mark-ups.. The GT500 in the showroom will sell first- it's markup is ONLY $25000...

Oct-4.jpg

:hysterical:

I saw a 2008 the other day in the showroom also. It looks like they are removing the old front grill totally so you can't see it behind the new Shelby grill.

The hood scoop looks fine. Did you see any problems ?

Have they done something different on the 2008 hood scoop installation to prevent warpage ?

I saw a 2008 the other day in the showroom also. It looks like they are removing the old front grill totally so you can't see it behind the new Shelby grill.

Have they done something different on the 2008 hood scoop installation to prevent warpage ?

The did remove the old grille in the 08's Grabber. It is a complete grille system. If you look closely at the Grabber Orange scoop you can see some warping between the rivets. The Blue scoop looks about as good as I have seen. As 4578 stated the went from a "faux" rivet head and bolt on system to a completely riveted scoop.

Rivets instead of bottom bolts and yes, they removed the stock GT grill instead of doing the grill overlay like on the 07's.

CSM 08SGT0521 spotted at Wynne Ford in Hampton, VA today.

NO HOOD SCOOP ISSUES! :happy feet:

Looked gorgeous! Sorry no pics to post. The family and I were returning from the grocery store when my seven year old spotted it (I'm so proud!). We did a quick u-turn and pulled into the lot. My son and I were able to oogle it for about five minutes when the Mrs started yelling something about frozen food starting to defrost. If I get a chance, I'll try and get out later to get some pics.

MAN, I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THESE THINGS!!! :happy feet: :headspin:

Looks like its still trying to lift just a little (see leading edge, right side), but not as nearly as much as the original 4-bolt installation. I like it!

Here's the scoop on CSM 0521:

my 07 has rivets all around like this but only 3 rivets go all the way through into the hood. 2 in the front and 1 in the back (centered). Now that it has cooled down here in Arizona my scoop is starting to warp. But when it gets up around 90 degrees it flattens out if I leave it in the sun.

eventually they will get tired of hearing everyone complain on this problem and do a complete recall to rivet all the way around the scoop !!!

(someday !!!! but dont hold your breath !!!!!!!!!) :banghead:

i wasnt really upset with the way mine was , untill i started seeing how nice some of the 08 are coming out !!!!!!!!!!

Archived