TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Membership question

wmoore

??? An SGT is a Shelby

I know this will be taken the wrong way and it's truly not my intent. I would just prefer to belong to a club and forum that was for Shelby Owners, or soon to be owners , only. I do own a SGT and was hoping that Team Shelby memberships were only for Shelby Owners only. I love sharing the experiance of owning my Shelby but, I would perfer save the public forum for the car shows.

I know this will be taken the wrong way and it's truly not my intent. I would just prefer to belong to a club and forum that was for Shelby Owners, or soon to be owners , only. I do own a SGT and was hoping that Team Shelby memberships were only for Shelby Owners only. I love sharing the experiance of owning my Shelby but, I would perfer save the public forum for the car shows.

Shelbys are Mustangs at the core, that's why we have Mustang forums here too.

The off topic forum can be used also to talk about other cars and trucks or, or, or.

Shelbys are Mustangs at the core, that's why we have Mustang forums here too.

The off topic forum can be used also to talk about other cars and trucks or, or, or.

I agree with Grabber, this is pretty much a Shelby forum at the core, just so happens most of them are Mustangs as well. I think whether a GT500 or SGT or a GT-CS of whatever, just a car lover, this has to be the most comprehensive on the web! OK, we may be bias!

In my opinion, this forum should be exclusive to Shelby owners only. "Regular" Mustangs have tons of forums to choose from. If this is going to be the official, one and only Shelby forum, then that's all it should be. This is not intended to be snobby, but we did pay a premium for our cars and we should receive benefits for that here. Not doing so detracts from the exslusivity of our cars and the Shelby name.

In my opinion, this forum should be exclusive to Shelby owners only. "Regular" Mustangs have tons of forums to choose from. If this is going to be the official, one and only Shelby forum, then that's all it should be. This is not intended to be snobby, but we did pay a premium for our cars and we should receive benefits for that here. Not doing so detracts from the exslusivity of our cars and the Shelby name.

I can see your point, but to be honest I think most who come here and post or read will be what you state. The Mustang only guys have so many other places to go, this will be a stop if nothing else. No worries!

I completely disagree. I think so long as there can be sections like we've always had, we're fine. I know it wasn't your intention to be snobby, but IMO you DO. I think the Mustang knowledge and banter is best shared by all Mustang fans....we're no different than a Mustang V6 owner in terms of who we are as people...and I'm sure I can learn things from them and enjoy their company. I agree that the mods will be different for the cars, and thus my above comment about "sections" for each type of car....but that should not preclude non-Shelby owners from being a part of this "club".

AD

Everyone is intitled to thier own opinion. To have it "exclusive" is not fiesable IMO. The exclusivity is in the Shelby brand. Can't we just respect each model for it's intended market? I think we all share a passion for the brand as a whole.

I understand the reasoning behind having exclusive forums but here are my thoughts and no disrespect intended to anyone.

The problem with it being exclusive is what happens to the Shelby enthusiast that cannot afford/drive the car for whatever reason, could be having hard times, disabled etc, I believe it is an enthusiast site not an OWNERS site.

Secondly how many of the current Shelby owners bought the car and then looked for a forum?

If someone really is looking at buying any Shelby and wants info on its community, the cars pro's and con's and even which one to choose (not a lot of dealers giving test drives) I would like to think they could come here and get all the info they need and then buy their model of choice and join the Shelby ranks. I know I have personally learned more here than reading any car mag or write up and way more than what 99% of most salesmen could tell me.

Hell the members here were not only giving me info they were even helping me locate a car!! and at least one of our most prominent members does not even own a Shelby he decided to personalize his GT instead but he was one of the people that assisted me and actually FOUND a Shelby for another member at the lowest price anyone here has paid (below MSRP). Does anyone really want to exclude that kind of knowledge and community just for exclusivity?

just my 2 cents.

I understand the reasoning behind having exclusive forums but here are my thoughts and no disrespect intended to anyone.

The problem with it being exclusive is what happens to the Shelby enthusiast that cannot afford/drive the car for whatever reason, could be having hard times, disabled etc, I believe it is an enthusiast site not an OWNERS site.

Secondly how many of the current Shelby owners bought the car and then looked for a forum?

If someone really is looking at buying any Shelby and wants info on its community, the cars pro's and con's and even which one to choose (not a lot of dealers giving test drives) I would like to think they could come here and get all the info they need and then buy their model of choice and join the Shelby ranks. I know I have personally learned more here than reading any car mag or write up and way more than what 99% of most salesmen could tell me.

Hell the members here were not only giving me info they were even helping me locate a car!! and at least one of our most prominent members does not even own a Shelby he decided to personalize his GT instead but he was one of the people that assisted me and actually FOUND a Shelby for another member at the lowest price anyone here has paid (below MSRP). Does anyone really want to exclude that kind of knowledge and community just for exclusivity?

just my 2 cents.

I'll see your 2 cents. :hysterical: I agree with you.

Sorry, I dissagree. yes, we all did pay a premium for our cars and I for one get tired of being looked at as some schmuck with too much money. Those that know me know that's not the case. ;) I understand you don't mean to be snobby but it will most definitely be perceived that way. No harm no foul

I'll see your 2 cents. :hysterical: I agree with you.

I see your 2 cents and raise you another 3

and that'll be in Canadian money!

I agree fully. We have paid dearly to own these cars and we should have an exclusive club as such. However there should also be a forum where just lovers of the car can go to talk about them. I was once just a lover of the Shelby until I could finally afford to get on, I was 48 years old then! So I see both side, but vote for an exclusive club- :happy feet:

I thnk this forum should be available to all who love the Shelby brand. As mentioned before these forums provide insite to potential owners prior to their purchase. I believe there is going to be some "Team Shelby" only areas if you decide to join the club. Whats the harm in letting non-owners participate in the forums it's not like their touching or asking for a test drive.

my 2¢

I do not think that this should be a Shelby exclusive site at all.

But to make some Shelby owners happy, maybe there could be a members only section of threads that only paid members could get into. That way Shelby owner or not, if you have paid your membership fee, you can get access.

JMHO

I do not think that this should be a Shelby exclusive site at all.

But to make some Shelby owners happy, maybe there could be a members only section of threads that only paid members could get into. That way Shelby owner or not, if you have paid your membership fee, you can get access.

JMHO

Isn't that what Team Shelby is?Or am I missing something?

Isn't that what Team Shelby is?Or am I missing something?

Yea pretty much! My first several hundred posts (800 or so) were not as a member, just a read and post kind of guy. The membership gets you some extras is all, go look at the sign up info. However, you can read and post all day any day without a membership, just a screen name and login! Hope that helps.

May I make this reccomendation:

IMO, I think that the stangsunleashed icon and club should be avail. for all mustang enthuseists. I also think that the TEAM SHELBY part should be exclusive to just shelby owners hince the name TEAM SHELBY. Just my .02

IMO, I think that the stangsunleashed icon and club should be avail. for all mustang enthuseists. I also think that the TEAM SHELBY part should be exclusive to just shelby owners hince the name TEAM SHELBY. Just my .02

I think you are once again looking for exclusivity, and even Mr. Shelby states anyone who owns or loves! Bottom line, you will not get the Team Shelby logo unless you are a paid member. If you go so far as to pay to be a member, the benefits for the most part would fall more in line with an owner, per say. So in essence you do get what you are asking for, without having to ask. IMO, I see no harm in how it is being set up, nor do I see any foul in the intent. Again, we all have opinions!

Really? I think there should be a site JUST for Mustang owners, and the Team Shelby should then be a separate club. Membership for those who want to be part of a SHELBY-ONLY club should be $500/year, and those who want to be open to ALL Mustang owners should be $30/year. If you don't own JUST A PLAIN MUSTANG then you can't get into the Mustang site.

Ok, I'm joking...but you get my drift. I don't want to pay any more to be a member of any area that excludes regular Mustang owners....I say welcome them all. I want to be INCLUSIVE.

Dave

Sorry, I dissagree. yes, we all did pay a premium for our cars and I for one get tired of being looked at as some schmuck with too much money. Those that know me know that's not the case. ;) I understand you don't mean to be snobby but it will most definitely be perceived that way. No harm no foul

I see your 2 cents and raise you another 3

and that'll be in Canadian money!

Pretty nice when your dollar is worth a dollar, eah.

Archived