TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby XXXXX Mustang ????

ColdwaterHotrod

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The press release isn't out yet - we're just giving you guys a little ;)

We'll have photos of the new car and of it being built. . . all exclusives. Oh yeah, tomorrow BEFORE the unveiling at SEMA. :headspin:

I am going to have my crack.gif on that.

The press release isn't out yet - we're just giving you guys a little ;)

We'll have photos of the new car and of it being built. . . all exclusives. Oh yeah, tomorrow BEFORE the unveiling at SEMA. :headspin:

Do it now while there are just us late night SU groupies around, some suffering from PSDS :banghead: Don't force me to sleep and dream of the late night choo choos again with my car :hysterical::hysterical2:

No offense to anyone here, but, does anyone feel like all of these new Shelby models take something away from the others?

Here's my point. Back in the day, when a new model came out (especially a "special model"), if you had the cash to get one, you were king of the mountain, at least for a good couple of years. Now days, (and in this case) First, we get the Shelby GT, and some guy pays through the nose for #001. Not too many months later, we finally see the unvailing of the long rumored (and much awaited) GT500. A few months after that, we hear about the KR, and a couple after that, we see the KR plus the Supersnake, and now this new Shelby, and by next Fall (correct me if I'm wrong) the 2009 Mustang makeover, with (probably) a new engine. It just seems like bad timing of models to me, or maybe I'm just a little too old school. I feel like I've got model shock! :sos:

- Josh

No offense to anyone here, but, does anyone feel like all of these new Shelby models take something away from the others?

Here's my point. Back in the day, when a new model came out (especially a "special model"), if you had the cash to get one, you were king of the mountain, at least for a good couple of years. Now days, (and in this case) First, we get the Shelby GT, and some guy pays through the nose for #001. Not too many months later, we finally see the unvailing of the long rumored (and much awaited) GT500. A few months after that, we hear about the KR, and a couple after that, we see the KR plus the Supersnake, and now this new Shelby, and by next Fall (correct me if I'm wrong) the 2009 Mustang makeover, with (probably) a new engine. It just seems like bad timing of models to me, or maybe I'm just a little too old school. I feel like I've got model shock! :sos:

- Josh

You got some of this right, but the 2009 will not be the makeover! However Ford did announce last year that they plan a new Mustang or more, every model year! I like it, I would rather have a bunch of limited run models than one good one in the tens of thousands. Better to have model Shelby models than have them built 40K GT500's a year! Bring them on, we can all be proud of our own little limited run cars! I like the flavors of seeing a small number of cool cars!

You got some of this right, but the 2009 will not be the makeover! However Ford did announce last year that they plan a new Mustang or more, every model year! I like it, I would rather have a bunch of limited run models than one good one in the tens of thousands. Better to have model Shelby models than have them built 40K GT500's a year! Bring them on, we can all be proud of our own little limited run cars! I like the flavors of seeing a small number of cool cars!

SLB8SNK,

For the 2009, I didn't mean a complete redesign, rather, I was talking about this one...

post-6624-1193748882_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1193748882_thumb.jpg

Hum, I know that is a rendition, but I was not aware of even that being changed, just some real soft changes, but I may be wrong, sorry!

No worries. I understand it's supposed to get a new engine, though. Besides, with this 2009 model, we'll be around the 5 year mark for the S197, and the new (more powerful) Camaros, Chargers and Challengers coming out in 2009, the Mustang will need a boost in power to keep up/ahead. I don't think the 300 HP N/A engine will cut it anymore. Maybe a detuned version of the "Thumper" in testing?

- Josh

- Josh

They are going to keep doing it till they break the speed of light with the GT100000000 which you can buy at your dealership for a modest ADM, Shelby will the get into the high performance time travel business once again for a modest ADM at your dealer, but I just ruined this thread and gave up way to much information.....

the trailer is loaded and on it's way to SEMA. it takes awhile to unload and roll the cars into the convention center. there's usually a long line of cars coming in and you HAVE to have a teamster with you when you roll the cars in. those guys move at their own pace. we're not trying to keep you in suspense, just make sure things come out right.

believe me when i say you won't be dissapointed. pure beauty.

the trailer is loaded and on it's way to SEMA. it takes awhile to unload and roll the cars into the convention center. there's usually a long line of cars coming in and you HAVE to have a teamster with you when you roll the cars in. those guys move at their own pace. we're not trying to keep you in suspense, just make sure things come out right.

believe me when i say you won't be dissapointed. pure beauty.

Everything Made at SAI is Pure Beauty next to my car made at the AAI plant in Michigan :yup:

- Josh

+1, not enough real difference between the models. Now if SAI were to offer a twin Turbo or something, my view on the plethora of Shelby Auto models might change.

Archived