TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DONE DEAL !!!!! ORDERED THIS A.M.

SVTpower

Done, ordered this morning. Dealer came thru.........$500 on top of msrp only. Ordered ebony/tungsten stripes with all black/charcoal interior. General Manager already placed the order with Ford and I have the order confirmation printout in hand. Total taxes and all except lisc sticker just over $62 canadian. Interior upgrade package standard in canada..........cool. They had a red Ford GT roped off in the showroom. Sold at $198,000 to the Princess Margaret Lottary. Pretty cool car, with the blower pulley spinning behind your head :shift:

Awesome, EH!

I am not sure WHERE in the great white north do you live?

I don't have a spare $62 lying around but if the financing is good and the monthly payment is acceptable I'd LOVE to order me one.

My Mach1 needs someone to look up to.

:banvictory:

Ray - are you on Mach1Registry.com?

Your screen name sounds familiar!

I was on there for almost a year. I think I was Mach1USA?

Bryan

Yep that is me. Been to a few Mach1registry gatherings.

Nashville (Mustang 40th) was my favourite.

Dave is a great guy (founder dude), there are others there I miss chatting to also BUT the typical American VS Canadian crap :rant: came up one too many times for me to continue posting there.

I haven't posted there for a long while.

Awesome, EH!

I am not sure WHERE in the great white north do you live?

I don't have a spare $62 lying around but if the financing is good and the monthly payment is acceptable I'd LOVE to order me one.

My Mach1 needs someone to look up to.

:banvictory:

Not too far north, in Mississauga, 20 min west of Toronto Ontario.

Well, thanks all, looks like more than a few of us will own one and are not too far from each other so we will have to coordinate GT500 cruise going in the near future.

Well, thanks all, looks like more than a few of us will own one and are not too far from each other so we will have to coordinate GT500 cruise going in the near future.

Well done SVTP! :bandance:

I'm headed out to the Garage to grab a cold Canadian in Your honour!! :beerchug:

I sense that your Stress level fallen a notch or two?!? :yup:

Awesome Colour Choice by the way :rockon:

Well done SVTP! :bandance:

I'm headed out to the Garage to grab a cold Canadian in Your honour!! :beerchug:

I sense that your Stress level fallen a notch or two?!? :yup:

Awesome Colour Choice by the way :rockon:

Thanks!!!, have a second one for me. Yes, down a few notches.

by the way, you or anyone know how to add where someone is 'from' just below our avatar?? I went into profile but couldn't find.

Done, ordered this morning. Dealer came thru.........$500 on top of msrp only. Ordered ebony/tungsten stripes with all black/charcoal interior. General Manager already placed the order with Ford and I have the order confirmation printout in hand. Total taxes and all except lisc sticker just over $62 canadian. Interior upgrade package standard in canada..........cool. They had a red Ford GT roped off in the showroom. Sold at $198,000 to the Princess Margaret Lottary. Pretty cool car, with the blower pulley spinning behind your head :shift:

Is that w/shaker 1000 or 500

So maybe we will see each other at Cayuga then.........and at mid to end of summer, hopefully in GT500's. by the way, first OSCA event is in Grand Bend next month, 3 others are at Cayuga

Hey I'll be there.

Not sure this year if I want to run the 11.90 index or the Open Comp.

Great to hear that all worked out for you. I guess I`ll find out the first of the week what is happening to my deal. I don`t want to be a spectator at the track.

way to go ! you didn't let them shake you down.

When is delivery?

:shift: Not sure. I too got the story of one per month but the GM said the rep tells you the worst case scenario. It could be one a month or sometimes Ford will call the dealer and say ýou're getting 4 this month , or 2 , or , or, or.............As soon as the vin is issued, they will call me, then 6-8 weeks after that I'm told

SVT -

Glad it finally worked out for you. This car seems to have warped some of the force fields that control normal human interactions. Glad you got it back on course. Hope some of the other folks with the same problems will get theirs sorted too, eh?

:rant: funny, the GM told us that only us two and one other bit*hed about the price, others gladly paid the $5k???? Worth the fight I'd say

To 07 Shelby: Another friend of mine, his good buddy has been inquiring for a while now and placed his name on list in a few locations, he rec'd a call the other day that a slot came available and if he wants it, it's his..........for $5000 on top..............Dealer?????..............ERINWOOD. So if they can get it, they will. Sounds like all dealers are now trying to get the $5k if your paperwork wasn't done waaayyy ahead of time and properly documented. These dealers obviously communicate with each other.

:shift: Not sure. I too got the story of one per month but the GM said the rep tells you the worst case scenario. It could be one a month or sometimes Ford will call the dealer and say ýou're getting 4 this month , or 2 , or , or, or.............As soon as the vin is issued, they will call me, then 6-8 weeks after that I'm told

hopefully you will get it on the road before winter. Have you priced insurance? I wonder if those insurance companies like Hagerty etc. would insure this vehicle for an appraised value. Any idea what your going to do with the insurance issue? I would think a car like this would go up in value each year and not down.

To 07 Shelby: Another friend of mine, his good buddy has been inquiring for a while now and placed his name on list in a few locations, he rec'd a call the other day that a slot came available and if he wants it, it's his..........for $5000 on top..............Dealer?????..............ERINWOOD. So if they can get it, they will. Sounds like all dealers are now trying to get me if your paperwork wasn't done waaayyy ahead of time and properly documented. These dealers obviously communicate with each other.

Ouch! Did he sign at MSRP? My Buddy, #3 at Erinwood, is going in next week to sign. It'll be interesting to see where that goes. I know that his Agreement says MSRP.

Hey, you proved that it Pay$ to get LOUD!! Well Done! :bandance:

hopefully you will get it on the road before winter. Have you priced insurance? I wonder if those insurance companies like Hagerty etc. would insure this vehicle for an appraised value. Any idea what your going to do with the insurance issue? I would think a car like this would go up in value each year and not down.

Not sure, I may shop around but I have a perfectly clean record, hard to believe after riding the latest and greatest in 1000 cc sportbikes for 8-9 years but I do. Regardless, I don't let that industry run my life, life is short, so I enjoy it. Just like gas prices, don't care, I will always have toys and they will always see premium fuel.

Ouch! Did he sign at MSRP? My Buddy, #3 at Erinwood, is going in next week to sign. It'll be interesting to see where that goes. I know that his Agreement says MSRP.

Hey, you proved that it Pay$ to get LOUD!! Well Done! :bandance:

Not sure about those details.........I don't know him directly, interesting though how this $5000 is starting to pop up. Let us know about your friend.......I'm curious.

:rant: funny, the GM told us that only us two and one other bit*hed about the price, others gladly paid the $5k???? Worth the fight I'd say

To 07 Shelby: Another friend of mine, his good buddy has been inquiring for a while now and placed his name on list in a few locations, he rec'd a call the other day that a slot came available and if he wants it, it's his..........for $5000 on top..............Dealer?????..............ERINWOOD. So if they can get it, they will. Sounds like all dealers are now trying to get the $5k if your paperwork wasn't done waaayyy ahead of time and properly documented. These dealers obviously communicate with each other.

Never put MSRP on the deal because I had talked to the sales manager so many times when I was trying to get a tbird. He told me they never play those games and the car would be at MSRP. Only a few weeks after we wrote up an agreement they told me other dealers were starting to play the numbers game, he told me not to worry that if they only got one car it was mine and it would be a MSRP. They fully admit they told me it would be at Msrp + I have 14 months of emails saved. I plan on taking the fight to the limit.

Never put MSRP on the deal because I had talked to the sales manager so many times when I was trying to get a tbird. He told me they never play those games and the car would be at MSRP. Only a few weeks after we wrote up an agreement they told me other dealers were starting to play the numbers game, he told me not to worry that if they only got one car it was mine and it would be a MSRP. They fully admit they told me it would be at Msrp + I have 14 months of emails saved. I plan on taking the fight to the limit.

:rant: I'm confused, did you order?? The ordering has started for Canadians. No msrp written?? You may have a battle as I heard the same thing in May of 2005........." oh no, we won't or can't sell over msrp", Yeah right. I settled at $500 over. Fight if you have too. So why don't you have an order confirmation sheet yet?? They should have rec'd their allotment by now from their Ford rep.

I settled at $500 over. Fight if you have too. So why don't you have an order confirmation sheet yet?? They should have rec'd their allotment by now from their Ford rep.

You don't think that's a darn good thing considering this is this years PT cruiser without the (insert demeaning reference)? I have found that creating a reasonable atmosphere with my dealer is worth a certain premium as I have traded on that a few times. It is possible to have a win win. They are in business to make money after all and if they REALLY screwed you they would be in the majority. After the absolute evil things some dealers have done I submit you are gonna have fun on the cheap.

:rant: I'm confused, did you order?? The ordering has started for Canadians. No msrp written?? You may have a battle as I heard the same thing in May of 2005........." oh no, we won't or can't sell over msrp", Yeah right. I settled at $500 over. Fight if you have too. So why don't you have an order confirmation sheet yet?? They should have rec'd their allotment by now from their Ford rep.

Sales manager has been on holidays for the past 2 weeks so I have to wait till he gets back . They asked me weeks ago to write down the colours and options I wanted. They may have put the order in or they have put all orders on hold till the sales manager gets back. You say you paid $500 over, is this on top of the $500 SVT charge others have talked about?

Archived