TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What will you sacrifice for the GT500

Many people have had to make a sacrifice to convince their significant other that the GT500 is the best place to spend the hard earned money.

The other day, my wife came home and leveled with me. She said, honey, times are tough and if you are serious about that Shelby GT500, you're going to have to give up the expensive beer drinking with the guys. Willing to go to great lengths to attain the GT500, I quickly agreed and have since complied.

About two days later, we received a package from FedEx with $125.00 in make-up in it. A little disgusted, I asked my wife, if I'm sacrificing to save money for the GT500, I asked how she could justify $125.00 for make-up?

She replied, "well honey, you have to understand, I purchased the make-up to look good for you."

To which I quickly resonded, "honey, YOU don't understand, that is what the beer was for!!!!!!!"

java script:add_smilie(":beerchug:","smid_44")

With the all of the tension on the board, I thought everyone could use a little humor as we patiently wait.

Later,

GT500OnOrder

Wow..and you walked away with the last word....and able to post....you better watch your back brother...I would have been picking up my teeth... :beerchug:

I got the same "sacrifice" discussion..tempered with...what do you want dear....Boy was that the wrong question cost me big.

Ahh what the He**, I love the car :)

Cheers,

Requis

Many people have had to make a sacrifice to convince their significant other that the GT500 is the best place to spend the hard earned money.

The other day, my wife came home and leveled with me. She said, honey, times are tough and if you are serious about that Shelby GT500, you're going to have to give up the expensive beer drinking with the guys. Willing to go to great lengths to attain the GT500, I quickly agreed and have since complied.

About two days later, we received a package from FedEx with $125.00 in make-up in it. A little disgusted, I asked my wife, if I'm sacrificing to save money for the GT500, I asked how she could justify $125.00 for make-up?

She replied, "well honey, you have to understand, I purchased the make-up to look good for you."

To which I quickly resonded, "honey, YOU don't understand, that is what the beer was for!!!!!!!"

With the all of the tension on the board, I thought everyone could use a little humor as we patiently wait.

Later,

GT500OnOrder

GT500OnOrder

Hmm, it was simpler for me - give up the basic necessities in life, and spend my kids' inheritance ... the wife just rolls her eyes and shakes her head. Finally, she understands me!

It's amazing what a microwave oven can do to rejuvenate foods and various items. A short zap will rejuvenate a roll of old masking tape and make it stick again. A short zap will make a lemon give more juice when squeezed. A little zap will refreshen stale muffens and bread items. Microwave ovens work by heating items from inside out. Many times items that appear to have no moisture at all can be made to live again by just using from 10 to 30 seconds in most 600 to 1000 watt microwave ovens :sos:

GT500OnOrder

Later,

GT500OnOrder

I read this to my wife and she laughed her rump off! :cheerleader:

As far as my sacrifice....I sold my 1969 GT500 last weekend at auction to pay for the new one!

GT500OnOrder, that was cool and funny.

I had been building for two years one of my GSX1300R Hayabusa's into a 600hp turbo 1/4mile (track) ra$er.

I had $35K in it. The builder called and said it was done after they went to the track and tested it. The bike went 7.73@190 in the 1/4 and I never had a chance to ride the bike and sold it for $30k.

I sold my Nos (Custom) Hayabusa for $8500 which was a 8.97@167 1/4 mile bike.

So I sacraficed my two GSX1300R Hayabusa's to get the GT500 Shelby

Also, if someone is looking for something to pass time until the GT500's come in.

Silver&Blue 2005 GSX1300R Hayabusa with 505 miles on it FORSALE $11000

(lots of chrome, lowered, Muzzy stainless exhaust, and more...)

My situation is a bit different since I'm buying this for my wife. Before finding out the Shelby was coming out we were planning one trip to Hawaii and one to Europe. I made her choose: trips to Hawaii & Europe or a Shelby GT500. Took her about 1.5 seconds to choose the Shelby. So, I guess that means my sacrifice is a very big part of my paycheck.

:shift:

Although this thread started with a joke it has gotten serious so here goes.

I gave up smoking. October 12 I had my last smoke to save for this car as well as 300.00 per month towards the payment. 9.00 a pack can add up pretty quick. Oh, and I am getting healthier..... :happy feet:

OK, the wife's gone. Man I still miss them but that's how bad I want to :shift: this car...

My situation is a bit different since I'm buying this for my wife. Before finding out the Shelby was coming out we were planning one trip to Hawaii and one to Europe. I made her choose: trips to Hawaii & Europe or a Shelby GT500. Took her about 1.5 seconds to choose the Shelby. So, I guess that means my sacrifice is a very big part of my paycheck.

:shift:

DANG, are there any more like her back home where you found her? LOL

Nah. Christine came from a very modest background (and a husband so abusive that if I ever see him I"ll probably rip his nuts off - and then beat him until he stops breathing). She always wanted a Volvo wagon. She loves it. It's safe - economical - and luxurious. And - fits her (it's a V50 - and she's petite).

Her parking lot at work is filled with high-end rides, so now she feels like she belongs.

Magnums are big and heavy! :shift:

I might have to sell my 99 Air Nautique. I just made the last payment on that last month. My wife hasn't said I have to sell it but I still haven't figured out how I'm going to make the payment. I guess I could always start working Fridays. But then I'll only have two full days to play with my toys. I guess I have a few months to figure it out.

I gave up smoking. October 12 I had my last smoke to save for this car as well as 300.00 per month towards the payment. 9.00 a pack can add up pretty quick. Oh, and I am getting healthier..... :happy feet:

Congrats on quitting - like you said, you're saving $$ and your health.

However... $9.00 a pack??? Holy :censored: !! Taxes must be huge in Canada!

Please explicate:

99 air nautique?

A plane?

Do you charter?

I have some family in South America I haven't seen for years.

A short flight - sort of a touch and go.... :happy feet:

Sorry about the delay, but an Air Nautuque is a competition wakeboard boat for playing on the lake. So I'm afraid it would be a long scary ride to South America.

Gotcha - like the Ski Nautique. :shift:

Exactly, only set up to catch big Air on the wakeboard. I've prety much given up on the skiing and switched to wakeboarding because you go a lot slower and I'm getting a lot older these days. I can crash and not hurt myself. :cheerleader:

Archived