TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest word on orders from my dealer

Email just came in today. I am sorry folks but this email along with the visits and phone calls I have made to So Cal and other Las Vegas dealers still leads me to the conclusion that any dealer who is taking your money or tells you that an order is placed is a liar.

Subject: Shelby Update RefNo_V99529-21159

Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:31:24 -0600

Friendly Ford

Shelby Mustang GT500 News

Thanks again for your continued interest in Friendly Ford and the New 2007 Shelby Mustang GT500.

The Shelby GT will be a true 500. Final certification testing has been completed, it will produce 500 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft of torque.

Friendly Ford is working right now to obtain additional vehicles for their customers. They are attempting to buy vehicles from Ford Dealers all over the country at any price.

Because of that, there has been no decision made on deposit amounts or availability.

Friendly Ford will continue to advise you of the New 2007 Shelby Mustang GT500 status and any information as it becomes available.

If you need any other vehicle information or service for your current vehicles, please call 702-877-6591 or 866-409-2494 toll free.

YOUR Friendly Ford

Open 168 Hours Every Week at

www.friendlyfordlv.com

Tammy Villamar

Phone: 702-877-6591

Fax: 702-877-6530

reply@friendlyfordlv.com

Friendly Ford is working right now to obtain additional vehicles for their customers. They are attempting to buy vehicles from Ford Dealers all over the country at any price.

Because of that, there has been no decision made on deposit amounts or availability.

Call me crazy, but these lines make it sound like they have already sold their allotment and are trying to obtain more. Once they do get more, they will sell those as well. They just aren't having any luck buying GT500s from other dealers.

Maybe I missed something, though. :shrug:

Sounds to me like they're saying;

"We're sold out, but if you don't mind paying two dealership's fees, then maybe we can help you. If you're lucky, and have whatever money it takes."

"And you have no say on the price. At least not yet."

Oh, VIN numbers have been assigned.... DORA's have been printed... it's a done deal for the people that got those two pieces of info.

Sorry you haven't had any luck getting a GT500. Seems like most of the hogwash comes from the west-coast.

My suggestion-

Start calling smaller dealers in other parts of the country.

Email just came in today. I am sorry folks but this email along with the visits and phone calls I have made to So Cal and other Las Vegas dealers still leads me to the conclusion that any dealer who is taking your money or tells you that an order is placed is a liar.

Friendly Ford

Thanks again for your continued interest in Friendly Ford and the New 2007 Shelby Mustang GT500.

The Shelby GT will be a true 500. Final certification testing has been completed, it will produce 500 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft of torque.

Friendly Ford will continue to advise you of the New 2007 Shelby Mustang GT500 status and any information as it becomes available.

If you need any other vehicle information or service for your current vehicles, please call 702-877-6591 or 866-409-2494 toll free.

YOUR Friendly Ford

www.friendlyfordlv.com

Tammy Villamar

reply@friendlyfordlv.com

Hate to break the news to ya but the people that managed to get one of 2007's have had thier order in with the SVT dealers that will be selling them at the beginning of last year or sooner. Deposits were taken then, at least mine was.

Have you looked at the GT 500 Registry at this web site ? Cant be that many liars out there.

If you really want one forget about S. Cal area, try Northern Canada, Saskatchewan or Manitoba where theres only a couple months a year of summer - demand for this type of car is low in those climates.

Hate to break the news to ya but the people that managed to get one of 2007's have had thier order in with the SVT dealers that will be selling them at the beginning of last year or sooner. Deposits were taken then, at least mine was.

Have you looked at the GT 500 Registry at this web site ? Cant be that many liars out there.

If you really want one forget about S. Cal area, try Northern Canada, Saskatchewan or Manitoba where theres only a couple months a year of summer - demand for this type of car is low in those climates.

I would not say that, Edmonton AB. Canada has a dealer with 2 cars going for $100,000 each

Good suggestions.

May I also suggest Idaho, Michigan(and the Upper Peninsula), Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming?

Those places all see their fair share of Winter, so they might have some GT500 availabilities.

They're pretty big too, so that should give you a lot of possibilities.

I would imagine that your best bet would be to look in areas that won't be the nations hot-spots for Shelby Sales... ie. don't expect to find many availalbe in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, and pretty much all of their surrounding areas. Especially not anytime close to launch and nowhere near MSRP.

Most people who already have one on order ordered it ages ago, or knew a person, or they spent however much time was needed calling different dealerships and getting constantly shot down until finally they caught their one lucky break and found some random dealer in ten-buck-two who will gladly sell it to them.

the visits and phone calls I have made to So Cal and other Las Vegas dealers still leads me to the conclusion that any dealer who is taking your money or tells you that an order is placed is a liar.

Ummm, no....

I posted the VIN # for our first 2007 GT500 several weeks ago. Order is pulled and submitted to the factory to be built early after job #1 starts in a few weeks.

Call me a liar all you want, but I've posted the VIN # and specs on the car as proof long ago. Just because your calls and visits have been fruitless, does NOT mean for a second that others haven't been more fortunate than you to find a dealer with a car available to order.

speco2005,

I continue to be amazed by your posts! Until you have at last succeeded in getting an order placed for your own Shelby, you refuse to believe that anyone else could have an order in! No matter what is posted on this site, you refuse to budge from your conviction.

In a couple of months when some of these forum members start posting photos of themselves and their '07 Shelbys, how will you explain that? You will then have to shift your liar accusations from the dealers to the forum members.

I, for one, grow tired of all your negativity. Waiting for news on this vehicle is dragging down the enthusiasm for a lot of folks on this forum. We all want to know NOW, not at the end of the month! Patience is growing thin for all of us and I'm certain that patience was very thin to begin with for a lot of these folks!

I personally would appreciate it if you keep your negative thoughts to yourself. Actually, I was pleasantly surprised to find a couple of your posts on this forum that were not negative! Those were most welcome and appreciated, in my opinion.

When you first started shouting "LIARS", I could feel your frustration and still hoped you would eventually be successful getting an order in place. A few more of these "liar' posts and I will more likely think you are getting what you deserve.

Friendly Ford

YOUR Friendly Ford

www.friendlyfordlv.com

Tammy Villamar

reply@friendlyfordlv.com

I KNOW I GOT MINE !! :woohoo: EVEN FOR MRSP :woohoo: BUT YOU SHOULD NOT CALL PEOPLE LIAR'S WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?:rant: BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! :party: :bandance: :happy feet:

Classic case of PSDS. A shame. :shift:

:hysterical2: HURRY !!HURRY!!! THIS ONE IS AN EMERGENCY!!!CALL 911!!!

I placed a GT 500 order 2 weeks ago at a small Ford dealer in Southern Mississippi, and I have an order conformation. Fortunatly , I made contact with him earlier in the year, and I am getting the only one he is alloted. Call me naieve, but I feel confident the deal is for real. He told me people and other distributors are calling him from New Jersy to Fl to Calf offering him at least 8000 above MSRP to get the car. I know my man, and he is a fellow who grew up in his familys dealership - and is now man#1 - and has been selling cars for 25+ yrs. I tried dealing in 2004 with a big Ford Dealership on a '04 cobra - then made contact this year about the GT 500 two times - I will never step foot in that place again . It is people like that which have sparked the car salesmen jokes. Enough of that junk. You should have seen the place where this dealership is - out in the middle if no where - nearly a one yellow flashing light town. But deep in the buckle of the bible belt. Good Luck

Yep. I have a similar situation here in NC.

Right before I gave the GM my deposit check, I asked him if he knew what some folks were asking for the Shelby's. (I wanted to be sure he heard about the numbers above MSRP). He smiled and said he knew all about it.

Then he said "you'll be telling everyone you know about this deal, won't you?" I smiled and nodded.

He's investing in the future. (Pecheles Ford - Washington NC 27889)

Shaun Stewart, sales rep, will be getting my business from now on.

My daugther needs a car - and the wife is about a year from needing one.

Wanna guess where I'm going?

While we don't have an Outback or Hard Rock Cafe here in Washington, we do have some business folks who value word of mouth recommendations.

The GM asked me if I was going to sell the Shelby to make some money. I told him he'd be seeing the car drive past his store - EVERY SINGLE DAY. :happy feet:

It's sad, but I think many people down here are trying to fix there roofs. Maby thats why I was #1 on the list. However I was the first to approach my man and he stuck to the deal. I cant wait to drive over there to get the oil changed.

Hello everyone - And I have got alot of good Info from here. Thanks

I'm glad to see several people buying for MSRP, like I did. I started in early 2005 searching through the self-brainwashed "market value" dealers. I spent months on many "lists". I passed up quite a number of available cars, refusing to do business with dozens of dealers.

I even tried to buy a GT500 from the dealer when I got my Ford GT at MRSP... Nope, $20K over MSRP to the 3 names drawn out of a hat! :banghead:

Then I found a small dealership that was not even going to order their single-unit allocation. :doh: They didn't want to pay the certification fee or bother with the required salesperson training. Bam... MSRP GT500 (ordered on 04/14/06).

Then... yesterday I was out enjoying my motorcycling passion and stopped in at a small Ford dealership in a "one-horse" town. After a few minutes talking with the owner about my V-Rod, the subject turned to Shelbys. Following a brief exchange of dealer/customer horror stories, I told him about my disdain for large metro dealers and my long but successful search.

His immediate response was, "Well, do you want another one?" :wacko: Seems he hadn't yet had any customer inquiries and was going to sell for MSRP to one of several dealers who had called with an offer. He even offered a small discount!!!! I refused the $500 discount, insisted on paying MSRP, and placed my second order. :rockon:

That's what I call a "Two-Fer". :shift::shift: I'm sure glad I didn't participate in the "Adjusted Dealer Markup" game. The dealers aren't selling PRODUCT, they're selling PRICE! Whether it's $4,000 below MSRP (+$6,000 rebate) or $10-20K over MSRP, the dealers are only about the numbers. "Fair Market Value" is not the value of the individual vehicle, it should be the value of the customer.

My only small problem now is maintaining my loyalties to TWO dealerships that have guaranteed themselves of my long-term purchases. I've got two young teenagers to buy for soon, and I need something to pull my jetboat. Guess I won't be going to HOUSTON!!!! (See ongoing mud-slinging with Houston-based Lone Star Ford elsewhere in this forum.)

L@@KING FORWARD TO JOB 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FastStuff, congrats on being in the right place at the right time!

But it sure pisses me off that I have spoken with over 30 dealers in 4 states and can not find anyone willing to deal for less than $10K over MSRP! And yes, I am calling dealers in towns that are 2-3 hours from any major metro area.

I also want to commend you on your giving the dealer the full MSRP. That dealer treated you with respect and you reciprocated. I wish all dealers understood the dynamics of good customer relations.

For many of us there will be NO dealer support or relationship generated by this car. That is what happens when your local dealers make you go out of area to get the deal you want! And Firestone will do all of the service required for the first 3 years, so the local dealer lost that business also.

Got to go now, still several hundred Ford dealers I have not called.

FAST, Thats simular to what I did, but I paid the cert fee & sat in the GM's office and we took the salesman test togather. He gave me copies of everything - he said for documentation ( collector stuff w/ car). The only thing I feel guilty about was - he asked if he could deliver the car to me. I had to say no . I want to break the engine in correctly. I thought I'd take the car to him for some oil changes - if he wants to bring it on back to Mobile that will be fine w/ me. :happy feet:

FAST, Thats simular to what I did, but I paid the cert fee & sat in the GM's office and we took the salesman test togather. He gave me copies of everything - he said for documentation ( collector stuff w/ car). The only thing I feel guilty about was - he asked if he could deliver the car to me. I had to say no . I want to break the engine in correctly. I thought I'd take the car to him for some oil changes - if he wants to bring it on back to Mobile that will be fine w/ me. :happy feet:

I have called over 60 dealers through the mid-west and there are no GT500's available unless you are willing to pony up to 30K over MSRP, when that number is released.

I was in a drawing from our SVT dealer and was not one of the fortunate few. I guess the bad thing is I was on the "list" since Ford announced the car was being made. Nearer the production date they changed the rules.

Go Figure

I have called over 60 dealers through the mid-west and there are no GT500's available unless you are willing to pony up to 30K over MSRP, when that number is released.

I was in a drawing from our SVT dealer and was not one of the fortunate few. I guess the bad thing is I was on the "list" since Ford announced the car was being made. Nearer the production date they changed the rules.

Go Figure

I currently have money on (2) GT500s at $5000 over MSRP. I also placed a $10K deposit on a GT500 at $10K over MSRP for a #1 spot with a President's Award Winner just to be sure I get one. I feel the other 2 will come in but very late delivery in the 07 model year. I wanted to be sure I got one. I am sure there are others like me that are on more than 1 list and may have deposits down as well. When and if the call comes in I will decide at that time what to do. The deposits are refundable so what the heck. If the demand is still high I might get mine at MSRP after all.

I currently have money on (2) GT500s at $5000 over MSRP. I also placed a $10K deposit on a GT500 at $10K over MSRP for a #1 spot with a President's Award Winner just to be sure I get one. I feel the other 2 will come in but very late delivery in the 07 model year. I wanted to be sure I got one. I am sure there are others like me that are on more than 1 list and may have deposits down as well. When and if the call comes in I will decide at that time what to do. The deposits are refundable so what the heck. If the demand is still high I might get mine at MSRP after all.

Money to burn! Hey, I say get ALL THREE! Lone Star in Houston could sell two of them for you and pay for the third one PLUS a nice vacation condo on the island of your choice!

Archived