TEAM SHELBY FORUM

why choose stripe delete?

BoneDoc

Well, they say there's no accounting for taste,

Mine's gonna be white/blue - just like my '66

Hey, old guy and others!

I love all the colors and stripe combos! Nothing would thrill me more than to have a group of our members assembled with an assortment of those colors to view/photograph all together!

But the one(s) I want to drive home and park in the garage are gonna be black with nary a stripe in sight.

Besides, technically, neither black nor white is actually a "color" :tease:, with or without stripes!

I chose stripe's to keep the tradtion of CAROL SHELBY! as this car has meaning to it.Have to admit wasn't to found of stripe's on car's. The 60's was before my time but when I got older and understood the history behind mustang and carol shelby I had to chose the stripe's but glad it is a option.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! :party: :bandance:

Guest evilchris

I chose stripe's to keep the tradtion of CAROL SHELBY! as this car has meaning to it.Have to admit wasn't to found of stripe's on car's. The 60's was before my time but when I got older and understood the history behind mustang and carol shelby I had to chose the stripe's but glad it is a option.BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! :party: :bandance:

...but this is an SVT Cobra built and designed by Ford, and manufactured at Ford. What does the car have to do with Shelby? You've fallen pray to Ford's marketing stunt.

Calling this car a "Shelby" is a joke. I seriously wish it were called a Cobra instead.

Well - if black and white aren't colors - what are they?

"What color is you car?"

"I don't know - it's a non-color!"

Hmm...perhaps you've been driving your jet boat too fast? :happy feet:

Don't know... is 117mph (on GPS) too fast?! Reckon how the Corgi and Shiti would like that... and on the water, no less?!!! Splash! Spray! Woof!!

As I understand it, black and white are not technically colors because neither contains the appropriate light-reflecting something-or-other. Light must be reflected to produce a particular apparent "hue" in the color spectrum. Black and white are not represented in the spectrum and they either absorb or deflect all color-producing light - no reflection, no color. Black is the absense of light; white is the absorption of light - or some such whatever. Hopefully, a certified colorological technicianeer can more clearly define this obscure bit of informationingfulness... woooooooops, too fast on the H2O again!

By the way, just how fast is that sailboat? Probably has less than my 880hp; but more freeboard than my 13", though!

The original Cobra was an AC Ace that was heavily modified - to the point that he eventually had the bodies, frames, suspension, etc. completely redesigned and built to his specs.

The Series 1 was an original design that Shelby American built.

Ford came to him and asked that the Mustang be modified and a V8 installed.

Not to mention the GT40's, Daytona Coupes, CanAm race cars, etc.

I hope this helps.

The original Cobra was an AC Ace that was heavily modified - to the point that he eventually had the bodies, frames, suspension, etc. completely redesigned and built to his specs.

The Series 1 was an original design that Shelby American built.

Ford came to him and asked that the Mustang be modified and a V8 installed.

Not to mention the GT40's, Daytona Coupes, CanAm race cars, etc.

I hope this helps.

your right on the money DVSX2 once again :party: coud not say better myself!BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!! :party: :bandance:

There you go, FastStuff - pick up an original 1967 Shelby Cobra 427SC and I'll know you've got deep pockets! :shift:

RUF and Da Boys-

I'd have to sell EVERYTHING else, and that's NOT gonna happen!! An aluminum CSX repro from Shelby American is on my list, though. With a 600+hp side oiler, it'll be about the price of the new 911 Turbo. Maybe by next spring, followed by a GT40 repro. :shift::shift:

Archived