TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tasca Ford 1st "Mod Shop" to build SuperSnakes

Kyle, I've sent my information into Steve a few weeks back (SS 725hp). Can you tell me what car carrier companys you've all have used with good results? And will you assist in getting the original parts from the car back to us? John Walker (SAI) had said they would look into packing/pallet the parts and send them back to us, at our exspense.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is your name? (for reference)

We are willing to ship any parts back to you but just like Shelby said it will be at your expense. I had a few guys say they were gonna bring the car up then fly back, then they would fly in when the car is complete and rent a U-Haul to bring the car back (and put everything in the back of the U-Haul) That is just one idea. I will talk to my Director and see if he has any good shipping company's he recommends.

...rent a U-Haul to bring the car back (and put everything in the back of the U-Haul) That is just one idea. I will talk to my Director and see if he has any good shipping company's he recommends.

I live about 600 miles from Tasca. If I do full SS conversion I think the best plan is to pay for one-way shipping to Tasca via enclosed Intercity Transport or Horseless Carriage or similar to get the Shelby to Rhode Island... probably around $1000.

Then after SS conversion-- fly in to Providence, rent a one-way Penske 16' box truck to carry parts, add car carrier (pic) for the Shelby ..... I priced this out at around $650. for the 600 mile one-way rental, which includes truck + mileage + car carrier: everything except gasoline.

.....Or I might just decide to save the airfare & spend the bucks to have the Shelby + old parts shipped separately back to me..... might be just too freaking nerve - wracking to drive 600 miles w/a fresh Super Snake hanging by a tow ball off the back of a beat up rental truck :censored:

towing_car_carrier_0.jpg

Since they are planning to start in November (hopefully) my fear is mother nature/weather. Here in the mid atlantic we are over due for some type of bad weather. With my luck, they'll get snow, ice, sleet , etc. I've spent many white Thanks Givings in CT when the in-laws lived up there. I don't need to see snow or road salt all over the Shelby. I'm 400 miles south from Tasca, I'm going to ship it both ways via enclosed transport. I'll have the old parts shipped or have my friend in CT pick them up and drive them back to me.

We (Shelby Autos) would rather give a proper, hard date than guess. We feel that it is the right thing from both a supplier and customer satisfaction standpoint.

We will be getting with Tasca shortly to coordinate with them.

Just a little more patience will be a good thing for all involved! B) We all want to do this right

We (Shelby Autos) would rather give a proper, hard date than guess. We feel that it is the right thing from both a supplier and customer satisfaction standpoint.

We will be getting with Tasca shortly to coordinate with them.

Just a little more patience will be a good thing for all involved! B) We all want to do this right

Hi, no disrespect intended but I'm going to let you know that the tires on your car look to small foe da wims. Doesn't look good IMO, could be the angle of the pix and I haven't seen one in person.

Hi, no disrespect intended but I'm going to let you know that the tires on your car look to small foe da wims. Doesn't look good IMO, could be the angle of the pix and I haven't seen one in person.

Ehh, that's not my car (someone else's). I've got one on order, so this is just a representation....

See the car in person, the rims & tires look awesome. :headspin:

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question:

What if you just want some performance mods done at a Shelby Mod Shop such as Tasca but dont want or cant afford an entire SS but just some parts from its vast list of cool stuff, can you still have certified SAI mechanics work on your car?

thanks

ps- Is the actuall SS hood avaialbe yet and does anyone have a price and weight compared to stock?

thanks

Crispy, any progress with getting Tasca started? maybe by December?

Quite possibly. We are gaining speed, but I just do not want to commit just yet. Thanks!

I have a question:

What if you just want some performance mods done at a Shelby Mod Shop such as Tasca but dont want or cant afford an entire SS but just some parts from its vast list of cool stuff, can you still have certified SAI mechanics work on your car?

thanks

ps- Is the actuall SS hood avaialbe yet and does anyone have a price and weight compared to stock?

thanks

Yes, and YES, Chuck! ;)

err, see other post for price

Chris

• 5 months later...
Hey Kyle - good talking with you the other day. You guys must be just giddy over all of this. Can't wait to get mine done. I sent an email - give me a buzz when you have a minute. Thanks.

i would also like mine done but am totally confused. I have been asking quetions and Tasca says shelby is limited to 1000 super snakes but they can make as many as they want. i need to get to the bottom of this before i drop 30k.

i would also like mine done but am totally confused. I have been asking quetions and Tasca says shelby is limited to 1000 super snakes but they can make as many as they want. i need to get to the bottom of this before i drop 30k.

1250 for the 2007 and 1000 for the 2008. You need to contact SAI for more details.

Hi all,

I hope this helps out. Shelby will be making a total of 1000 - 2007 SS's 1000 - 2008 SS's and 500 40th Annv cars. This will be the complete total including Authorized Shelby Mod Shops. :D

Bud

Bud, did the 2007s SSs go down to 1000 instead of 1250...

Archived