TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When Should I Expect My '08 GT500

My '08 GT500 is on oder with my local dealership. I am scheduled to receive their second car and I am trying to figure out an approximate time that I should see that car. Does anybody know how the allocation process works? The dealer is a pretty large dealership here in North Carolina but they did not win the presidents award. I understand the presidents award winner cars will be built first and then from there I am not sure. Can I expect to see this car in 2007 or should I just block it out of my mind until 2008"? :headscratch:

How many are they allocated for 2008? That might tell the story.

I'm getting my dealers second car also.

I still don't know when I'm getting mine. They told me it could be as long as 6-7 months.

How many are they allocated for 2008? That might tell the story.

I'm getting my dealers second car also.

I still don't know when I'm getting mine. They told me it could be as long as 6-7 months.

As of now he is expecting three just like last year. He thinks I will see the car in Sept or Oct but I am having a hard time believing that.

As of now he is expecting three just like last year. He thinks I will see the car in Sept or Oct but I am having a hard time believing that.

That's the same number that my dealer is expecting.

The GM of the dealer told me from the beginning that it could be 6-7 months. That would place mine at Dec-Jan.

THis makes sense as they would get one roughly every 4 months if if they are getting 3 for the year.

He also told me that as soon as he has the first one's build date he would see if he could get mine sooner.

I doubt if I will see it any sooner though.

If i don't get it before early Nov, I would rather not get it till late Jan-early Feb due to having to pay the tags around the holidays every year.

I bought a new vehicle one in December and it sucked having those tags come up every year at the holidays.

Archived