TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Missing 5th gear, hitting Reverse!

wildcat

I've never had a 6 speed, so this question is probably stupid, but I've just got to know. When shifting from 4th to 5th, since reverse it up and right, if I slide the stick too far right will it go into reverse? Or is there some sort of device that prohibits you from accidentally hitting reverse instead of 5th when travelling at high speed? Again, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I keep fearing that when I let the clutch out after shifting to 5th that I'll hear something go kaboom!

... And please spare me and don't remind me how stupid this question is!

I've never had a 6 speed, so this question is probably stupid, but I've just got to know. When shifting from 4th to 5th, since reverse it up and right, if I slide the stick too far right will it go into reverse? Or is there some sort of device that prohibits you from accidentally hitting reverse instead of 5th when travelling at high speed? Again, I'm sure this is a stupid question, but I keep fearing that when I let the clutch out after shifting to 5th that I'll hear something go kaboom!

Yes there is a lockout on reverse I beieve it is activated when the car is rolling forward

To answer a question similar to this one:

- Are Submarines waterproof? Yes

:happy feet:

Archived