TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Virtual Car Show POST PICS...!!!

CSSHELBYKID

On 3/21/2020 at 2:22 PM, SoCalSGT said:

I think the limitation is on the post itself, not the thread. I just posted the above pic of our previous SGT as a test and it worked fine. Was your file too large?

I believe you are correct. Played with the Test topic at the end of the forum and could not duplicate what I thought was wrong. May have tried to add the wrong file or attempted to add two 750KB photos. Looks like 1.17MB maximum per post.

Don't know if it helps, or if it is the "correct" way of doing it, but for photos, I import the photos into the "Gallery," then when do the post I click the "insert other media" tab on the bottom right. That's the only way I have found to work around the size limit.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, CSSHELBYKID said:

Okay...my time for storytime😂

This story isn't necessarily my story, but my Dad's. Back sometime in the 1990s, my Dad and our dear friend Dave were at Laguna Seca during the Monterey Historic Races. At the track, they both had the chance of meeting Mr. Shelby at an autograph session towards the end of the day, where they both got their diecast 427 Cobra's signed by him. The diecast had just been released and while he was signing it, Carroll was admiring it and checking it out, saying something along the lines of "wow, I'm gonna have to get me one of these..."

Well then my Dad and Dave noticed that it seems to be that a lot of people ask for something from him, yet hardly anyone ever does something in return or just for him. So they raced back to their car and hurried to the local Sharper Image store, which was located in Carmel Valley. If anyone here has been to Monterey and Carmel during Car Week, they'd understand just how long that short distance drive can be. They made it into the store JUST as they were closing up for the day, and picked up one of the last models that they had. 

They raced back to the track as fast as they could because they knew that Carroll wasn't going to be there much longer, when they had left, and the track was closing for the day. Just as they make it to the entrance, they see Carroll riding passenger in a white sedan of some sort, passing by them in the opposite direction. So they whipped around to try and catch up to him, taking a dirt road beside the paved road, and just as the car Carroll was in was about to turn on to Hwy 68, they pulled in front of him and cut him off!!!  Carroll gets out of the car screaming and cussing up a storm, probably thinking this was like some elaborate event seen in an action movie of some sort. Quickly apologizing and trying to calm the situation down, my Dad pulled out the diecast Cobra they purchased for him and said that they wanted to give this to him because he had said he didn't have one yet in his collection. Like a switch had been flipped, Carroll went from cussing to silent and apparently had a grin from ear-to-ear. He then said something along the lines of "oh my gosh, no one's ever done something like this for me..."

Carroll then asks to see both theirs for a second. He pulls out a sharpie and simply wrote "Thanks" above his signature and handed it back. 

Over the years, my Dad amassed quite a few unique stories involving Carroll. Stories keep them both alive and all of which I cherish and proudly share when I can. 

Here is a picture of the diecast Carroll signed for my Dad:

large.IMG_7920.JPG.f5589cb6ddf007dcb2205d5751c32a7a.JPGlarge.IMG_7921.JPG.20f6e29cb58d2ba40bca9033d7db3582.JPG

Great story man! 

5 hours ago, Secondo said:

Beautiful cars, guys! :thumbsup:

My new ride. Very impressed with the S550.

Resizer_15850874426460.jpg

I like that Sean. Very subtle. Reminds me of the Bullitt that way. 👍

4 hours ago, 08SGT1234 said:

:worship::spend::shift:

Thank you sir. And you too Dave.... I never ever take one day for granted. Especially now with this worldwide tragedy. 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:37 PM, BIKEBOY said:

This would have to be my favorite Shelby story. 
Carroll signed my Monroney on my 2007 GT500. I sent along a disposable camera, and they took two pics for me! Sadly, the car is in someone else’s ownership nowadays. :( 

Oh, and he got the sticker along with the car, of course. 

Carroll Signing My wdo stckr...sept. 14, 2010

Signed Window Sticker Sept. 14, 2010

7-18-2008-27

Just found this in my archive. 

20222676258_142d57236f_b.jpg

On 3/23/2020 at 9:00 PM, BIKEBOY said:

49692816792_8d6cbbd4a8_b.jpg

Hey BB, it’s been said that the man who passes with the most “Toys” wins, but what he wins remains a mystery!!!    :shrug:    :headscratch:         :happyfeet:

13 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Not my car (s), but I think this is something reall car guys would enjoy from back in the day when cars were cars, men were men and some even clamped down on a stogie when running the 1/4 mile! Ford Drag Team promo:

Hey Falcon, thanks for posting that very cool video from back in the day when men were men and cars were cars like you said.  That video really brought back some very fond memories and really lifted my spirits up.  I’ve been there and done that and it was real blast, it really doesn’t get much better than grabbing that Hurst T handle and pulling gears, just saying..

I am a little surprised that some  shop did not do a reconstruction of a KR into a convertible.  Yes, it is a rare car but it would be unique and draw attention, maybe even by Ford and SA.  A damaged KR could have been rebuilt into a styling exercise. Can you imagine if it showed up at SEMA and a few other large auto shows! 

2 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Betcha there’s at least one ‘08-‘09 GT500 Vert “KR tribute” driving around out there. You can’t be the only one that feels thataway. 
It’d be easy enough to do one. ;) 

Okay BB, their’s your new pet project, getter done in Vista Blue and it would be stunning, just saying....    :rating:

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Okay BB, their’s your new pet project, getter done in Vista Blue and it would be stunning, just saying....    :rating:

Negative. I don’t care for the KR’s. 😎
I already have the Vista Blue car of my dreams. 🤩

30863197167_ec4f6f5437_b.jpg

Edited by BIKEBOY

8 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Negative. I don’t care for the KR’s. 😎
I already have the Vista Blue car of my dreams. 🤩

30863197167_ec4f6f5437_b.jpg

Hey BB, sorry I forgot that you didn’t care for the KR’s, that’s on me.   Your Gurney is looking great and of course you already knew I really like the Vista Blue..   :rating:

13 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

Hey BB, sorry I forgot that you didn’t care for the KR’s, that’s on me.   Your Gurney is looking great and of course you already knew I really like the Vista Blue..   :rating:

All good Mike! I know you are partial to VB too. 😍

9 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

All good Mike! I know you are partial to VB too. 😍

Hey bud, were all guys who love cars, especially our own, and there’s nothing wrong with that, keep the faith!    :cool:

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 3:01 PM, 66GT350PS said:

I am a little surprised that some  shop did not do a reconstruction of a KR into a convertible.  Yes, it is a rare car but it would be unique and draw attention, maybe even by Ford and SA.  A damaged KR could have been rebuilt into a styling exercise. Can you imagine if it showed up at SEMA and a few other large auto shows! 

Didn't Amy B. have a Black KR with a Glass Roof?

I had a thought the other day. If you recall, the 1966 350Hs came in other colors besides black and gold. Shelby supposedly did this to meet production deadlines to build the full 1000 vehicles. I was thinking about how would the 06 and 07 GT-Hs look if they were done in the other colors besides black (Red, Blue, Green, and White). I think that an 06 in white would look awesome! 

Maybe someone that is good with photoshop could do a render 😀

Food for thought.