TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Virtual Car Show POST PICS...!!!

CSSHELBYKID

Hey Team Shelby!

Hoping that everyone is staying safe and well in the midst of this international health crisis.

The car community has seen many amazing events canceled or postponed in protection against the spread of the virus, and many people's lives have been affected by it. Nonetheless, that shouldn't stop TEAM SHELBY from banding together virtually!!! :shift:

Let's see some pics of those beautiful Shelby's, Mustangs, and any other thing on wheels!!! Call this a VIRTUAL CAR SHOW!!!!:play:

Just because a good portion of us are stuck in our houses or following social distancing shouldn't stop us from showing off the things we love. :speedie:

Post some pics...share your favorite car/Shelby story...share a video...anything!!!

I'll start by posting a few of my most recent pics of my Shelby. Later maybe I'll share a story...

large.IMG_7842.JPG.14616a26a7da9c9399a61e27c5b98607.JPGlarge.IMG_7868.JPG.57f9bb1fbdb9416f24156510ed2acfeb.JPGlarge.IMG_7880.JPG.81c60f5d49e59085f0b6030c8d5f4c57.JPGlarge.IMG_7893.JPG.05df3b283d583e976fb67bfeee6d2d2a.JPG

1 minute ago, jguyer said:

Interesting? Apparently you can only have a maximum size 0f 1.17MB of pictures on the thread, not per post.

So much for telling my story.

Old school website. Was supposed to have been changed over to a more robust platform months ago, at least what was announced.

This would have to be my favorite Shelby story. 
Carroll signed my Monroney on my 2007 GT500. I sent along a disposable camera, and they took two pics for me! Sadly, the car is in someone else’s ownership nowadays. :( 

Oh, and he got the sticker along with the car, of course. 

Carroll Signing My wdo stckr...sept. 14, 2010

Signed Window Sticker Sept. 14, 2010

7-18-2008-27

14 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

This would have to be my favorite Shelby story. 
Carroll signed my Monroney on my 2007 GT500. I sent along a disposable camera, and they took two pics for me! Sadly, the car is in someone else’s ownership nowadays. :( 

Oh, and he got the sticker along with the car, of course. 

Carroll Signing My wdo stckr...sept. 14, 2010

Signed Window Sticker Sept. 14, 2010

7-18-2008-27

LOVE IT!!!

Okay...my time for storytime😂

This story isn't necessarily my story, but my Dad's. Back sometime in the 1990s, my Dad and our dear friend Dave were at Laguna Seca during the Monterey Historic Races. At the track, they both had the chance of meeting Mr. Shelby at an autograph session towards the end of the day, where they both got their diecast 427 Cobra's signed by him. The diecast had just been released and while he was signing it, Carroll was admiring it and checking it out, saying something along the lines of "wow, I'm gonna have to get me one of these..."

Well then my Dad and Dave noticed that it seems to be that a lot of people ask for something from him, yet hardly anyone ever does something in return or just for him. So they raced back to their car and hurried to the local Sharper Image store, which was located in Carmel Valley. If anyone here has been to Monterey and Carmel during Car Week, they'd understand just how long that short distance drive can be. They made it into the store JUST as they were closing up for the day, and picked up one of the last models that they had. 

They raced back to the track as fast as they could because they knew that Carroll wasn't going to be there much longer, when they had left, and the track was closing for the day. Just as they make it to the entrance, they see Carroll riding passenger in a white sedan of some sort, passing by them in the opposite direction. So they whipped around to try and catch up to him, taking a dirt road beside the paved road, and just as the car Carroll was in was about to turn on to Hwy 68, they pulled in front of him and cut him off!!!  Carroll gets out of the car screaming and cussing up a storm, probably thinking this was like some elaborate event seen in an action movie of some sort. Quickly apologizing and trying to calm the situation down, my Dad pulled out the diecast Cobra they purchased for him and said that they wanted to give this to him because he had said he didn't have one yet in his collection. Like a switch had been flipped, Carroll went from cussing to silent and apparently had a grin from ear-to-ear. He then said something along the lines of "oh my gosh, no one's ever done something like this for me..."

Carroll then asks to see both theirs for a second. He pulls out a sharpie and simply wrote "Thanks" above his signature and handed it back. 

Over the years, my Dad amassed quite a few unique stories involving Carroll. Stories keep them both alive and all of which I cherish and proudly share when I can. 

Here is a picture of the diecast Carroll signed for my Dad:

large.IMG_7920.JPG.f5589cb6ddf007dcb2205d5751c32a7a.JPGlarge.IMG_7921.JPG.20f6e29cb58d2ba40bca9033d7db3582.JPG

Edited by CSSHELBYKID