TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for your opinion re: Ebony/stripes

Looking for your opinions. I really like the white as it adds some 'flash' that this car deserves to show but something in my gut is telling me that Tungsten may be the right choice being more subtle, blends better with black, is metallic, etc........as compared to black/white which are complete opposites of the color spectrum. I like both but?????? So far, besides my photoshops, I've only seen a video of the convert with white stripes...........no real ebony/white photos floating around. Thoughts?????

post-2890-1147066969_thumb.jpgpost-2890-1147066938_thumb.jpg

post-2890-1147066938_thumb.jpg

post-2890-1147066969_thumb.jpg

Looking for your opinions. I really like the white as it adds some 'flash' that this car deserves to show but something in my gut is telling me that Tungsten may be the right choice being more subtle, blends better with black, is metallic, etc........as compared to black/white which are complete opposites of the color spectrum. I like both but?????? So far, besides my photoshops, I've only seen a video of the convert with white stripes...........no real ebony/white photos floating around. Thoughts?????

post-2890-1147066969_thumb.jpgpost-2890-1147066938_thumb.jpg

I like the White.

Looking at the 'older' Shelbys', Black with White stripes makes them definitely stand out from the crowd.

I don't think you can go wrong either way. I think the Tungsten stripes will be slightly more subdued, the White a bit more racy.

I recently changed my order from Alloy/Silver to Blue/White (thank you Robert Lane for all your efforts with the color selection). I agonized for two weeks over White or Tungsten stripes.

Best of luck.

For a Black GT500 I like Tungsten better. For my Grabber Orange it will be White and not Tungsten.

Exactly what he said. On black, I like the tungsten better. pjcobra9t7, I definitely like white stripes on your grabber orange!

The white stripes jump out at you more, and attract more attention.

The Tungsten is more subtle and, in my opinion, looks meaner. Maybe even more classic looking.

I like the Tungsten stripes better, but what do you expect from one with a screen name like Devious?

What do you want it to be? Go with your first impression.

As an Architect, who sits around and colors all day (yes... a professional colorer!) White stripes will have more punch.! "Chiaroscuro" a 16th century art term for defining volume, meaning "light and dark.

So if you want to drive around in a true masterpiece then.... it has to be black with white stripes!

I beleive the only two choices for black, are white and satin silver. For black I'd go with silver.

I'm going with alloy but still undecided on silver or tungsten.

Sry, misread the order guide. Tungsten is definitely the one, that looks great!

Now I have a new problem, Alloy & Tungsten or Black & Tungsten

Got to be Black with White stripes. For as long as I can remember I have wanted a 1970 LS6 Chevelle vert Black with white stripes. They have always been priced out of reach. Now I can get a car that I will be able to drive and it will be faster. :happy feet:

well, thanks all. Looks like we're about 50/50 so either or wouldn't be a mistake. If I was to order right now, probably go white stripes............I need some 'pop' with this car. Heck, down the road, I could always switch out to silver which is what I really wanted but n/a

Archived