TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07 Shelby Best Waxes/Polishes

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one large water spot that is on my hood and under the wax. I know this because I had my car detailed by a "pro" and he told me that he could not remove it without using the power buffer on it and did not want to use that on my paint as he would have to remove alot of material and than add it back and it could cause swirl marks?

Since my car is new and black with no swirls from a buffer, should I just leave the water spot under the wax or buff it out and hope for the best? Can the water spot become permanent or will it be ok since it is covered with a nice coat of wax?

I would rather a water spot than swirl marks but perhaps this guy just has no skill with a buffer and did not want to harm my car?

Thanks!

I know much has already been said on the topic already, but I couldn't resist.....

On my new BLACK GT500 I only use the high end Zymol products (please - not the blue squeeze bottle at the auto parts store). Zymol wash with a lambswool mitt followed by a microfiber (waffle) drying towel. For detailing, I used Zymol Destiny. Its 51% Brazilian No.1 White Carnauba Wax that must be applied with your bare hands (your body heat melts the wax). The results........water beads like pin-heads on the hood. Like nothing I've seen before. Yes its reeeeally expensive, but a jar will last years as you only apply a small amount. I understand the Zymol Concours works real well and its less than half the price.

Keep em clean!!

I know much has already been said on the topic already, but I couldn't resist.....

On my new BLACK GT500 I only use the high end Zymol products (please - not the blue squeeze bottle at the auto parts store). Zymol wash with a lambswool mitt followed by a microfiber (waffle) drying towel. For detailing, I used Zymol Destiny. Its 51% Brazilian No.1 White Carnauba Wax that must be applied with your bare hands (your body heat melts the wax). The results........water beads like pin-heads on the hood. Like nothing I've seen before. Yes its reeeeally expensive, but a jar will last years as you only apply a small amount. I understand the Zymol Concours works real well and its less than half the price.

Keep em clean!!

Man, you weren't $h_tten about "really expensive", $486 for a jar of wax/glaze or whatever it is :banghead: ??

AZbud

Make sure your completely washed and if you still have waterspots, see if they may be under your wax? Make sure it's in shade, dampen the end of a soft terry towel with white vinegar, rub lightly to remove a couple square inch area of the spots. If they come off very easy great...all you have to do wipe the clean car down with the vinegar and then reapply all you wax coats.

If the water is so hard that you can't remove those spots with vinegar, you may need to have a pro rebuff it. Just my opinion.

I use the Mr. Clean filtered water system and dry it with a "SPRITE" synthetic chamois. You can get them at NAPA for about 8 bucks or so and they last at least a decade. I have two. One for the bottom of the car and wheel wells and the other for the rest of the car. After every wash I always clean the chamios in RO water and store very damp in separate tennis ball tubes, sealed.

Thanks I'll give that a shot. Though know I'm not talking about water residue rings and such. I have dark black spots. It appears that water drops while left in the sun has damaged something. I haven't seen this before. They can be seen in sunlight at certain angles, but it looks like it's in the clearcoat or the paint itself. Somebody tell me some good news here...

Thanks I'll give that a shot. Though know I'm not talking about water residue rings and such. I have dark black spots. It appears that water drops while left in the sun has damaged something. I haven't seen this before. They can be seen in sunlight at certain angles, but it looks like it's in the clearcoat or the paint itself. Somebody tell me some good news here...

Did you remove the wax and try the clay bar? If so, it doesn't sound good... could have been some acid rain. I know once we got our jet out of a $47k paint job, and got into some up north and it took a few pros a lot of tender buffing. But then again, it wasn't a clearcoat. I'd have a shop look at it and would think it might could be a warranty issue, if you had a good dealer.

Any chance you can get any pics?

I have one large water spot that is on my hood and under the wax. I know this because I had my car detailed by a "pro" and he told me that he could not remove it without using the power buffer on it and did not want to use that on my paint as he would have to remove alot of material and than add it back and it could cause swirl marks?

Since my car is new and black with no swirls from a buffer, should I just leave the water spot under the wax or buff it out and hope for the best? Can the water spot become permanent or will it be ok since it is covered with a nice coat of wax?

I would rather a water spot than swirl marks but perhaps this guy just has no skill with a buffer and did not want to harm my car?

Thanks!

Does it look like the the clear coat and wax are separated but the surface is still smooth? If so, that is exactly what happened to mine. It is a warranty issue. The paint is wrong for the aluminum hood. Find a good dealer. I have mine "fixed" and it still looks worse with swirls and chips. Good luck.

Does it look like the the clear coat and wax are separated but the surface is still smooth? If so, that is exactly what happened to mine. It is a warranty issue. The paint is wrong for the aluminum hood. Find a good dealer. I have mine "fixed" and it still looks worse with swirls and chips. Good luck.

I agree. Its a flaw during the application process.

Head to the dealer. :redcard:

ItalianStallion

Archived