TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can this be right?? $120K for this???

So my local dealer is notorious for crazy prices, they have a USED Bullitt for over MSRP when I can get many Brand New ones that are just sitting on lots for $4-5K off.  They have tons of Raptors because they kept ADM's on 2018/2019's so long.  They fail to recognize when demand slows.  Ford seems to be by far the worst at understanding Supply/Demand and when to stop ADM's.

Anyway fast forward to this Shelby they have- https://www.saratford.net/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-agawam-ma-8b2409130a0e0a171983e9bdd065009b.htm?searchDepth=1:468

Maybe I am crazy but I do not see a Supercharger on this??  Regardless of whether it has one or not I am curious who would buy this?  I am beyond puzzled on who pays this amount for a Mustang.  I am not knocking the car it is beautiful, I am really just curious who would pay this amount of money for a Mustang.  Hats off to Shelby if they are actually selling these, and to think I thought the New GT500 was overpriced.

Edited by carnut12

2 hours ago, carnut12 said:

So my local dealer is notorious for crazy prices, they have a USED Bullitt for over MSRP when I can get many Brand New ones that are just sitting on lots for $4-5K off.  They have tons of Raptors because they kept ADM's on 2018/2019's so long.  They fail to recognize when demand slows.  Ford seems to be by far the worst at understanding Supply/Demand and when to stop ADM's.

Anyway fast forward to this Shelby they have- https://www.saratford.net/new/Ford/2020-Ford-Mustang-agawam-ma-8b2409130a0e0a171983e9bdd065009b.htm?searchDepth=1:468

Maybe I am crazy but I do not see a Supercharger on this??  Regardless of whether it has one or not I am curious who would buy this?  I am beyond puzzled on who pays this amount for a Mustang.  I am not knocking the car it is beautiful, I am really just curious who would pay this amount of money for a Mustang.  Hats off to Shelby if they are actually selling these, and to think I thought the New GT500 was overpriced.

I would SA factory verification before getting near this one.

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of the all new GT500 5.2 hand built engine with GT500 only special body systems, the 2020 SA Supersnake is 100% built on a standard 5.0 mustang gt chassis and standard 5.0 engine with bolt on performance parts.

The brand new GT500 from Ford looks to be 3 times the car for $30k less money. Disappointing.

I don’t get the price either, yes it is collectible in 25-35 years. Of course that is my opinion so that and $1 will buy you a cup-of-coffee from McDonald’s.

Edited by SWEDEMAN

• 1 year later...

One of the BIG things that is a deal-breaker for me (if I was even open to buying a current GT500) is you can't get it with a stick/manual transmission. The SuperSname, since the "donor" car is a GT, does come with a stick. Saw a SuperSnake in a Dealership recently and it does look NICE. But also not for me because I'd WAY prefer the 5.2 Liter engine that the GT500 has.

I'm sure they'll both sell but I LOVED that the 07-09 GT500s ONLY came with a stick/manual transmission.

Actually GT500s didn't come with autos until 2020 on the modern Shelbys, of course vintage GT500s always had an auto option.

If you want to see crazy prices, this one went for over $300k yesterday...

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-486945/2020-ford-shelby-super-snake-bold-edition-convertible/

Edited by falcongtho3