TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SOA Founder and Owner

We would like to know more about your Shelby Owners Association too.  The photo looks really old, so my guess is you were Cobra owners?

To answer your question, Team Shelby is the current owners group mostly composed of owners of the Mustangs from the mid 2000s on.  Starting with the Hertz cars, 2007 (and later) Shelby GT500, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500KR, and GT350s.  There are discussions areas for older cars too, Cobras, 196x-197x Mustangs, Tigers, even the Dodge products.  Nothing has been left out. 

Please give us some of your history!

Edited by twobjshelbys

In short, SAAC focuses on the classic vehicles produced at the original Shelby American shop and organization up to 1970 when CS shut it down.  Team Shelby focuses on all vehicles under the Shelby name, mostly the ones produced by the Las Vegas Shelby American shop, but also Dodge Shelbys.  Both organizations accept those in either group of eras and ownership is not required.  If I recall, SOA was the predecessor to SAAC and was incorporated into them.  Many are members of both organizations. Also, there are occasional  national events where both organizations are invited. 😎

I would add, SAAC and Team Shelby have more and more been working together to put on high quality events. If you would like to talk, send me a PM and I would be happy to have a conversation about Team Shelby from a regional perspective

On 22 February 2020 at 10:28 PM, twobjshelbys said:

We would like to know more about your Shelby Owners Association too.  The photo looks really old, so my guess is you were Cobra owners?

To answer your question, Team Shelby is the current owners group mostly composed of owners of the Mustangs from the mid 2000s on.  Starting with the Hertz cars, 2007 (and later) Shelby GT500, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500KR, and GT350s.  There are discussions areas for older cars too, Cobras, 196x-197x Mustangs, Tigers, even the Dodge products.  Nothing has been left out. 

Please give us some of your history!

well said!