TEAM SHELBY FORUM

JUST ANNOUNCED! GT500KR ALLOCATION!

July 27, 2007

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0700640DC 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR Allocation Plan

Details of the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

Ford Division is excited to announce the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR!

Celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the original Shelby Cobra GT500KR, Ford and Shelby collaborate on a new 'King of the Road' Mustang with the 2008 Shelby GT500KR.

Shelby GT500KR features an estimated 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning.

Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and special 40th Anniversary badging and unique striping.

Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units.

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered in to random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

All remaining GT500KRs will be distributed via a random lottery drawing:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

So the dealers should know in appoximately one month.

That depends on Ford when they decide to do the lottery.

The dealers that won from the Dealer Detroit meeting already know if they won one from that. I think 5 winners got one.

For the July contest Ford is suppose to pull winners on Aug 10th I think it was.

As for the rest of the allocation on the drawing based on 2006 & 2007 Mustang sales, I have no idea when they will do that. They haven't said.

July 27, 2007

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0700640DC 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR Allocation Plan

Details of the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR

Ford Division is excited to announce the 2008 Ford Shelby GT500KR!

Celebrating the fortieth anniversary of the original Shelby Cobra GT500KR, Ford and Shelby collaborate on a new 'King of the Road' Mustang with the 2008 Shelby GT500KR.

Shelby GT500KR features an estimated 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning.

Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and special 40th Anniversary badging and unique striping.

Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units.

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered in to random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

It would be a very long shot for the smaller dealer that I purchased my GT500 from. I'll call him Monday and ask him to take a shot at getting one. If he does get an allocation for a KR, I'll sell the GT500.

Too bad you can get the KR in the color scheme of the prototype.

HSURB

It would be a very long shot for the smaller dealer that I purchased my GT500 from. I'll call him Monday and ask him to take a shot at getting one. If he does get an allocation for a KR, I'll sell the GT500.

Too bad you can get the KR in the color scheme of the prototype.

HSURB

It is also to bad you can't even get that color for stripes. At least on the Vapor color. That would have still been close! Unless they are planning to offer that but only on the KR as a stripe color choice. So far they have not released any info as far as if there will be different color choices for the KR or not.

540HP ?? Where's the beef? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

sorry I'll leave now.... :dog:

Although I agree that an extra 40HP is not significant enough to warrant the extra status/price this car will surely bring...I think the ACTUAL HP will be higher. If you read the prior press release it uses the word "ESTIMATED" before 540 HP. I'm guessing this number will go up to 560-600 before all is said and done. Then crispy will REALLY try to get one. :hysterical:

Dave

It is also to bad you can't even get that color for stripes. At least on the Vapor color. That would have still been close! Unless they are planning to offer that but only on the KR as a stripe color choice. So far they have not released any info as far as if there will be different color choices for the KR or not.

I'm on the forum & other places quite often & unless I have missed something, there has been no formal info from Ford about color or stripe options on the KR. If I am incorrect, show me what you got.....shoyoright.....

Already have mine......Well sort of :redcard::headspin:

I am absolutely, positively, getting one, without question. Guaranteed. I'll probably be in the first ten.

It will complement my Torch Red '07 GT500.

:woohoo:

We're talking about the 1:18 scale version, right?

:speedie:

post-6240-1185715516_thumb.jpg

post-6240-1185715516_thumb.jpg

remember, "ESTIMATED" Horsepower on the GT500 was 450, up until catalog release.

Not a Hater here, I say smoke 'em if ya [get] em, but: there is something neat about a car called a 500 having 500 hp.

:play:

(I realize that hp had nothing to do with why the 60's cars were called that, so no flames on that either please). Just my opinion.

:shift:

That depends on Ford when they decide to do the lottery.

The dealers that won from the Dealer Detroit meeting already know if they won one from that. I think 5 winners got one.

For the July contest Ford is suppose to pull winners on Aug 10th I think it was.

As for the rest of the allocation on the drawing based on 2006 & 2007 Mustang sales, I have no idea when they will do that. They haven't said.

So only 5 dealers KNOW FOR SURE that they got one in the nation, so if any dealers that aren't those say they are getting one for sure they are lying? Which dealers, I wonder won the five at the show, they didn't release this info?

So only 5 dealers KNOW FOR SURE that they got one in the nation, so if any dealers that aren't those say they are getting one for sure they are lying? Which dealers, I wonder won the five at the show, they didn't release this info?

One of them claimed awhile back (and included it in the ebay listing) that they have a poker chip (or something like that) to prove they won the initial lottery. I think ShelbyDude was the first to point this out....I think he said it looked legit, or was legit, but he'd be the one to say...

:shift:

Correct! Only 5 dealers so far know they are getting one and those are the 5 dealers that won the allocation when they were in Detroit for the dealers meeting.

Ford never announced who the 5 dealers were.

To my knowledge NO other dealers have been given any allocation for one that I know of.

The next round is suppose to be given by Aug. 10th which will be given out on a lottery to all dealers that meet 100% of their objective on F-Series sales for the month of July.

The rest are going to be given to each region based on 2006 & 2007 Mustang sales where each region will get X amount total allocation. Then each dealer within the region will be given X % of token chips and Ford will hold a lottery on that. So the more token chips a dealer gets based on their Mustang sales, the better CHANCE they have of winning one.

So some dealers may THINK they are definitely getting one because they know they were in the top with 2006 & 2007 mustang sales, but that does not GUARANTEE them one. It only gets them a bigger percentage of tokens available which will increase their CHANCES of getting one. They still have to win one through the lottery and be holding a winning token chip to win it.

At least this is how I understand it based on what the allocation plan is saying.

Here is what the last part of the plan says:

Example:

===========================================

So it says for example, region A earned 10% of all remaining GT500KR allocation. Then for example Dealer ABC sold 5% of all the mustangs that were sold in that region. So that dealer would get 5% of all the tokens available. THEN that dealer still has to win one from the lottery that Ford will have. So if they hold a winning token they would get one.

What is not clear is if a dealer that holds multiple tokens is if they could win more than one by having multiple tokens. The other two lotteries only allows a dealer to win only one. They can't win a second one from that lottery. So I don't know if this last one will be different or not.

Archived