TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Dealer in OHIO killing price

Congratulations and welcome!! Love the color combo!! :rockon:

I bought mine from Spitzer in Hartville. I'm not proud that I paid such a high premium but I had my reasons. I had a trade-in that I had tried to sell outright for a long time, even trying ebay with no luck. The only way I was going to be able to swing buying a new GT500 was to either sell the other car or trade it in. At the time, I wasn't even sure there would be an '08 model and I didn't want one of my lifes regrets to be that I let my one chance to buy a new Shelby GT500 slip by because of money or waiting too long. I don't regret my decision, I love my car and I'm planning on keeping it so paying too much for it isn't an issue in the grand scheme of things. That dealership was the only one I talked to that was willing to take my specialty car in on trade. I may have been able to sell it eventually for the lower price that the trade-in worked out to after the dealer markup but I just didn't want to take the chance.

I can't say that they have sold as many as they state but on the day I picked mine up they sold three including mine.

I bought mine from Spitzer in Hartville. I'm not proud that I paid such a high premium but I had my reasons. I had a trade-in that I had tried to sell outright for a long time, even trying ebay with no luck. The only way I was going to be able to swing buying a new GT500 was to either sell the other car or trade it in. At the time, I wasn't even sure there would be an '08 model and I didn't want one of my lifes regrets to be that I let my one chance to buy a new Shelby GT500 slip by because of money or waiting too long. I don't regret my decision, I love my car and I'm planning on keeping it so paying too much for it isn't an issue in the grand scheme of things. That dealership was the only one I talked to that was willing to take my specialty car in on trade. I may have been able to sell it eventually for the lower price that the trade-in worked out to after the dealer markup but I just didn't want to take the chance.

I can't say that they have sold as many as they state but on the day I picked mine up they sold three including mine.

What's important is what i t is worth to you, most everyone respects that. congrats! :happy feet:

Welcome to SU d_ford!!

I noticed you have a '68 427 supersnake tribute car -- is that one of the unique performance contiinuation builds? WOuld be great if you can post some pics when you get a chance ;-)

Hope you enjoy the site -- plenty of good folks here...

Dan

<edit:> oh, and CONGRATs on your new GT500!!!!

Congratulations to you too!! I love the black w/silver and your Avatar picture!!!

Welcome to SU d_ford!!

I noticed you have a '68 427 supersnake tribute car -- is that one of the unique performance contiinuation builds? WOuld be great if you can post some pics when you get a chance ;-)

Hope you enjoy the site -- plenty of good folks here...

Dan

<edit:> oh, and CONGRATs on your new GT500!!!!

The 68 isn't a replica, it's my own vision and ideas that I've been planning for many years. It's a tribute to the super snake only in regards to the paint scheme and 427 engine. It does have a few shelby styling cues but it's really not a clone of the original. Pics of the restoration up to date can be seen at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2550084 there are two pages.

Thanks everyone for the nice words and kind welcome. I like this site already.post-9647-1185912965_thumb.jpg

post-9647-1185912965_thumb.jpg

What a wonderful project -- awesome car!! Started life as a GT??

Those 427 tunnelport wide-bore heads and intake are amazing pieces!! ;-)

..the pics are great! a lot of memories of my S-code ...thanks for the link and best of luck finishing her up.

She has a nice stable-mate too, I see ;)

Dan

What a wonderful project -- awesome car!! Started life as a GT??

Those 427 tunnelport wide-bore heads and intake are amazing pieces!! ;-)

..the pics are great! a lot of memories of my S-code ...thanks for the link and best of luck finishing her up.

She has a nice stable-mate too, I see ;)

Dan

Thanks. I'm going to try to hit it pretty hard when it cools down and hopefully have it on the road by late fall or early next year.

Archived