TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Dealer in OHIO killing price

Was up at a ford dealer in Hartville,Ohio yesterday and was looking at their Gt500's..Asked what it would take to own it and they wanted 20k over MSRP..Talked to the man alittle longer and found out that they have sold 91 GT500's since January at 20 or more over.They are buying from dealerships all over the country and having them shipped in.They have 11 on the lot now to sell.So these people are really hurting us in the area for buying right now...My opinion is this is wrong.....

That sounds like a crock to me. I seriously doubt that is true. With that many sold surely there is at least one person on this site that has purchased from them. Can anyone confirm? What was the dealer name?

I've been watching those guys on eBay for more than a year. The majority of their eBay bids did not hit the reserve. Perhaps they just use eBay to draw in the phone calls which lead to a sale.

I have been watching them too! They are way over priced! I ended up getting a white w/ red from a dealer in mich. only 6k over. Could you imagine if Spitzer Ford had one of those. It would be 30k or more over!post-9577-1185462511_thumb.jpg

post-9577-1185462511_thumb.jpg

When i was looking and waiting for my dealer to call on my order i stopped in and they had the convert. i was looking for.Asked price and said make offer so i did for 10k over as my dealer promised.the closed the hood and said keep looking....sorta p--sed me off ...

I had a deal in OH on an 08 for 5k over. I gave it to one of the forum members to fetch as i did another deal. He was to confirm with me this week if it went ok. If he backs out, I will offer it up again. I am not sure why these guys are still at 15-20k over, but there are 5k deals in OH, call around.

Was up at a ford dealer in Hartville,Ohio yesterday and was looking at their Gt500's..Asked what it would take to own it and they wanted 20k over MSRP..Talked to the man alittle longer and found out that they have sold 91 GT500's since January at 20 or more over.They are buying from dealerships all over the country and having them shipped in.They have 11 on the lot now to sell.So these people are really hurting us in the area for buying right now...My opinion is this is wrong.....

It depends on what side of the fence your on.

For those of us that already have our GT500's this is good news.

For those of us that are looking to only pay MSRP its not.

Personally I would like to see the ADM's stay high to protect the interest of the guys that paid high ADM's.

Alan

I know exactly what your talking about. I gave up on my local dealers here in Northern Calif. because of their outrageous markups. I decided to shop via EBay. There are typically 50+ new cars listings on EBay from dealerships at any given time. The one that always caught my attention was the Hartville, Ohio delearship. They frequently would advertise 6 to 8 cars at a time. So when it comes to your specific region they kind of control the market.

The good news is that other cars on EBay are selling in the $52500 range. So what if you have to spend $200 on an airline ticket to go out of state. You can find the car you want at a desent price and enjoy the trip home in it. I did exactly that. It turns out I actually found a car in Calif. for $50k. It was 400 miles from where I live but it was a no brainer.

Do a little hunting around and you'll find the car of your dreams at a price your willing to pay.

Good luck,

Rob

The dealer is spitzer ford.Been watching there cars for sometime now and they do get alot of rollover in cars.

I was watching their cars on ebay as well. They seem to turn their cars over fairly regularly - and always have 5 or more on the lot. I've not seen one ever hit the reserve on ebay though.

I ended up finding one closer to PA - just over the border in Columbiana OH. Still paid almost $7K over, but the dealer there was great to work with before and after the sale. I got the color/stripe and options I wanted, so worth it to me. I also didn't spend much time at all negotiating - after seeing a couple get sold while I tried for a lower price. Been 500 miles of fun so far! :shift:

I have been watching them too! They are way over priced! I ended up getting a white w/ red from a dealer in mich. only 6k over. Could you imagine if Spitzer Ford had one of those. It would be 30k or more over!post-9577-1185462511_thumb.jpg

The ADM would have been the same. This car is no different than any other Shelby color combination. In fact if you do the 40th then you will have silver stripes and the car will be worth $30 over then or at least supposedly more valuable down the road... Congrats on 6k over!!!

I agree, ADM's suck but unfortunately that's what the market value is on the car. Went to a Ford dealer yesterday to look at a Shelby GT and it was $4k ADM. I left immediately.

Two dealers in the Canton,Ohio area are sking 17,900 over on the shelby GT.Another Fored Dealer is selling at 6,000 over...

It depends on what side of the fence your on.

For those of us that already have our GT500's this is good news.

For those of us that are looking to only pay MSRP its not.

Personally I would like to see the ADM's stay high to protect the interest of the guys that paid high ADM's.

Alan

You want the ADM’S to stay high to protect the guys that paid a lot for there cars? Think about what you just said. Ford made the most powerful technologically advanced mustang ever and what an impressive car it truly is. Many people who want this car have been muscle car enthusiasts for all there life. As for me it’s not just enthusiasm but more like an obsession. I love a great handling performance car. Some times I hate that because it’s very costly at times, but that’s who I am.

I worked my butt off to get my GT 500. $49K was a heck of a lot of money for me. If the car had been any more than that I couldn’t have done it. Many of those who paid the high ADM’s were lucky and or fortunate enough to have had financial success for various reasons to have been able to get there dream car. Many others are not so fortunate but still have the same desire.

For any one to make a statement supporting the limitation and or unavailability of this great car that so many wish they could have, is just plain selfish and inconsiderate. As I have said before, I have been blessed to have had many very desirable performance cars in my life as I am now that I finally got my GT 500. Since the moment I learned about it I wanted one really bad but it didn’t look like I would ever be able to get one and that was a terrible feeling. I wish anybody who wants one gets one to enjoy as I am. It’s a fun car.

The ADM would have been the same. This car is no different than any other Shelby color combination. In fact if you do the 40th then you will have silver stripes and the car will be worth $30 over then or at least supposedly more valuable down the road... Congrats on 6k over!!!

Red appearance PKG Production numbers

297 in total

128 white

169 black

These were the final run of the 2007 gt500's and supposed to only make 500 but it didn't make it that far. If you say that it is no diff, then ok! But I know better and so do most others.

That is dealer bull-shit dude.

You want the ADM’S to stay high to protect the guys that paid a lot for there cars? Think about what you just said. Ford made the most powerful technologically advanced mustang ever and what an impressive car it truly is. Many people who want this car have been muscle car enthusiasts for all there life. As for me it’s not just enthusiasm but more like an obsession. I love a great handling performance car. Some times I hate that because it’s very costly at times, but that’s who I am.

I worked my butt off to get my GT 500. $49K was a heck of a lot of money for me. If the car had been any more than that I couldn’t have done it. Many of those who paid the high ADM’s were lucky and or fortunate enough to have had financial success for various reasons to have been able to get there dream car. Many others are not so fortunate but still have the same desire.

For any one to make a statement supporting the limitation and or unavailability of this great car that so many wish they could have, is just plain selfish and inconsiderate. As I have said before, I have been blessed to have had many very desirable performance cars in my life as I am now that I finally got my GT 500. Since the moment I learned about it I wanted one really bad but it didn’t look like I would ever be able to get one and that was a terrible feeling. I wish anybody who wants one gets one to enjoy as I am. It’s a fun car.

regalt87,

Yes I do want the ADM's to stay high.

There are many people that paid 20K+ over sticker and my concern was for them. I don't think that makes me selfish or inconsiderate, I only paid 5K over so lower ADM's or no ADM's don't affect me as much. Let's not forget about the guy's that paid 20K+ over sticker for their car? How do you think they would feel if ADM's stoped and their car dropped 20K+ in value the first year?

Better yet, how would you feel if your 49K Shelby dropped in value 20K+ the first year?

I bet you would loose your self-righteous attitude!

At 49K you got a good deal, Some of our GT500 brothers weren't as fortunate as you.

Your comments make you look selfish and inconsiderate!

Alan

Red appearance PKG Production numbers

297 in total

128 white

169 black

These were the final run of the 2007 gt500's and supposed to only make 500 but it didn't make it that far. If you say that it is no diff, then ok! But I know better and so do most others.

I love your color combination. (Also, Ford did this to get a few more cars out the door at the last minute). My only point was that if you do any of the SAI packages it won't matter anyway (they will be changing your stripes). And on a side note, it will be the retro color combinations which will hold the most value going forward...after all, what is this big news all about anyway...the RETURN of the SHELBY from the 60's. If you were not around then (and maybe you were) I think you would understand what I'm talking about.

With any revived product the more you can make it look like the old the better the value it will have going forward. Either way you look at it you have a great car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On another note, this is a very good time to buy Ford stock. JMHO

regalt87,

There are many people that paid 20K+ over sticker and my concern was for them. I don't think that makes me selfish or inconsiderate, I only paid 5K over so lower ADM's or no ADM's don't affect me as much. Let's not forget about the guy's that paid 20K+ over sticker for their car? How do you think they would feel if ADM's stoped and their car dropped 20K+ in value the first year?

Better yet, how would you feel if your 49K Shelby dropped in value 20K+ the first year?

At 49K you got a good deal, Some of our GT500 brothers weren't as fortunate as you.

Alan

Just another perspective... purchase price (including ADM) has no effect on market value down the road so, ultimately, protects nothing except the apparency of short-term depreciation. So the only folks who should care aboyt ADMs staying high are those that already have the car AND are planning to sell them in the short term (2-3 years?), imo.

Beyond the short term, what anyone paid will necessarily be thoroughly independednt of market value. If that we not true, than those that paid a high ADM should be able to see their cars, in identical considion to those who paid MSRP, for substantially more in 10 or ?? years -- doesn't work that way, imo.

To my mind it' more like the stock market ...market value being totally decoupled from purchase price over time.

Dan

I agree, ADM's suck but unfortunately that's what the market value is on the car. Went to a Ford dealer yesterday to look at a Shelby GT and it was $4k ADM. I left immediately.

4k ADM??? Where was that at? and what color or if you could post the car dealership and what state it is in I could Google it. Thanks for any help or info.

regalt87,

Alan

The majority of the guys that bought the Shelby’s with the high ADM’S knew that this was not going to be a money making venture. Most of them have made pretty sound business decisions or they wouldn’t have been in the position to buy one. Most were aware that it was not a limited production vehicle as far as collectable standards are concerned and that the potential for loss was high. As you know there are many ways to invest your money to achieve positive results and buying a potential collector car is a very risky venture. I purchased mine to enjoy, knowing that it will depreciate but I don’t care. In 8 years it will have 100,000 miles and a few door dings and a lot of fun getting there. My guess is that the guys who spent the high ADM weren’t terribly concerned with the potential loss either or they wouldn’t have done it. It is disappointing knowing that so many want this car and FMC and the market prohibits them from getting one.

I got upset with you because IMO your wishes prohibit the average guy from getting one. And that’s me.

4k ADM??? Where was that at? and what color or if you could post the car dealership and what state it is in I could Google it. Thanks for any help or info.

Why? Surely you are not interested in paying a $4K ADM on a SGT when they can be bought for MSRP?

I have two you can have for MSRP.

Cars are located in Central Illinois.

PM me if interested.

Black with manual and White with automatic.

White: # 1215

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Automatic Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $31,285 + $7,390 SAI (dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,675 Total MSRP!

BLACK: # 1160

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Manual Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRIUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $30,740 + $7,390 SAI (Dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,130 Total MSRP!

They are not hurting anyone from buying these. Only the people that actually pay them that are the ones hurting everyone.

Without buyers FREELY WILLING to pay them that, then the prices come down. Plain and simple!

Only as long as there are buyers willing to pay that then that is the only thing that will keep the prices higher.

Just another perspective... purchase price (including ADM) has no effect on market value down the road so, ultimately, protects nothing except the apparency of short-term depreciation. So the only folks who should care aboyt ADMs staying high are those that already have the car AND are planning to sell them in the short term (2-3 years?), imo.

Beyond the short term, what anyone paid will necessarily be thoroughly independednt of market value. If that we not true, than those that paid a high ADM should be able to see their cars, in identical considion to those who paid MSRP, for substantially more in 10 or ?? years -- doesn't work that way, imo.

To my mind it' more like the stock market ...market value being totally decoupled from purchase price over time.

Dan

Very well stated 68, to wish or hope for prices to rise or stay up is a moot point time and perspective will be the measure of the true value of this or any car.

They are not hurting anyone from buying these. Only the people that actually pay them that are the ones hurting everyone.

Without buyers FREELY WILLING to pay them that, then the prices come down. Plain and simple!

Only as long as there are buyers willing to pay that then that is the only thing that will keep the prices higher.

Shelby Dude thanks for your posts here you shoot straight and post good info .

I wonder at what point the reality will set in at some dealers that maybe we might have to sell these cars for less than 20k over . I know prices are changing in many areas it just seems that dealers I've run across or watch won't believe that they will ever have to lower their prices. So its a adversarial reaction everytime you try and broach the subject of price, its like they are doing you a favor selling you the car. :shrug:

Shelby Dude thanks for your posts here you shoot straight and post good info .

I wonder at what point the reality will set in at some dealers that maybe we might have to sell these cars for less than 20k over . I know prices are changing in many areas it just seems that dealers I've run across or watch won't believe that they will ever have to lower their prices. So its a adversarial reaction everytime you try and broach the subject of price, its like they are doing you a favor selling you the car. :shrug:

The only time reality will set in is after they have been sitting on the car long enough to the point they are tired of sitting on it and looking at it. There are still dealers paying dealers $10K over to get one for customers they have that are willing to pay more. When or if that dries up then reality will hit that they will have to lower their price just to sell it or risk getting stuck with it and end up losing money on it in the end.

The dealers that bought a bunch from other dealers at $10K+ over are the ones that will bare the biggest risk. IF 08 is the last year then they will sit on them for as long as it takes. Eventually they will get what they need or want once the rest have been sold and they have the only remaining new GT500's left to be had. Someone will buy it just because it is still new and they won't be making any more. IF they build it for 09 then they will likely take a loss in the end if they don't sell them. Only time will tell.

Why? Surely you are not interested in paying a $4K ADM on a SGT when they can be bought for MSRP?

I have two you can have for MSRP.

Cars are located in Central Illinois.

PM me if interested.

Black with manual and White with automatic.

White: # 1215

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Automatic Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $31,285 + $7,390 SAI (dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,675 Total MSRP!

BLACK: # 1160

Mustang GT Premium

Dark Charcoal Leather

Manual Trans

Interior Upgrade

Active Anti Theft

SIRIUS SAT. Radio

GT Upfitters PKG

MSRP $30,740 + $7,390 SAI (Dealer's NET cost) + $1,000 GGT = $39,130 Total MSRP!

Thanks ShelbyDude I guess I missed the SGT part of the post :finger::finger: Thought it was a GT500 :banghead: Just saw the 4k and kinda freaked out :hysterical2:

I was watching their cars on ebay as well. They seem to turn their cars over fairly regularly - and always have 5 or more on the lot. I've not seen one ever hit the reserve on ebay though.

I ended up finding one closer to PA - just over the border in Columbiana OH. Still paid almost $7K over, but the dealer there was great to work with before and after the sale. I got the color/stripe and options I wanted, so worth it to me. I also didn't spend much time at all negotiating - after seeing a couple get sold while I tried for a lower price. Been 500 miles of fun so far! :shift:

Congratulations and welcome!! Love the color combo!! :rockon:

Archived