TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Decked Out Screamin' Yellow!

nachtkriechen

Hey everyone,

I've been admiring this Mustang for quite a long time now, and finally decided to go ask the owner if I could take some pictures. Mike works just down the street from my house, and as such, I drool every time I pass his Mustang on my way home from work. Mike did all of the work on his Stang himself. He said he did all of this custom work over this last winter (he needed something to keep his Mustang obsession busy, as he won't drive his baby in the snow). All of the parts you see on the interior are custom cut and painted aluminum. Mike was busy working, so I didn't get to ask him much more about what he's done to it. However, his next planned project is to add a blower.

Enjoy the pics,

- Josh

post-6624-1185410326_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410341_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410390_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410460_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410474_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410533_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410326_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410341_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410390_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410460_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410474_thumb.jpg

post-6624-1185410533_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone,

I've been admiring this Mustang for quite a long time now, and finally decided to go ask the owner if I could take some pictures. Mike works just down the street from my house, and as such, I drool every time I pass his Mustang on my way home from work. Mike did all of the work on his Stang himself. He said he did all of this custom work over this last winter (he needed something to keep his Mustang obsession busy, as he won't drive his baby in the snow). All of the parts you see on the interior are custom cut and painted aluminum. Mike was busy working, so I didn't get to ask him much more about what he's done to it. However, his next planned project is to add a blower.

Enjoy the pics,

- Josh

Nice pictures!!!!

Thanks!!!!

Where are you located??????

I like yellow, but that is a lot of yellow. Not sure if I like the Roadmaster look (Buick ports). Love the dash though. :headspin:

I agree, it is a LOT of yellow, and a bit much for my taste, but, I couldn't help but admire all the work Mike put into his Mustang. Wow, can you imagine all of the money you'd save tricking out your Stang, if you could do custom work like that?

- Josh

I think it'd be pretty cool if he started selling those colored dash inserts like he has. Those are a nice piece. Good car overall, but not liking the Buick ports a lot

I think it'd be pretty cool if he started selling those colored dash inserts like he has. Those are a nice piece. Good car overall, but not liking the Buick ports a lot

I wouldn't have done the ports either, but, it's fun to see what other people do to their Stangs, either to admire, scoff at, or hurl at the atrocity the Mustang has become. In my opinion, why someone would buy a brand new Mustang then turn around and try their hardest to make it look like a "Ricemobile", or modify it so much that it no longer looks like a Mustang, is beyond me. But, to each their own modification.

- Josh

I wouldn't necessarily call this a "ricemobile" from the get-go, but it does look "flamboyant" for a lack of better words. But, different strokes for different folks

I wouldn't necessarily call this a "ricemobile" from the get-go, but it does look "flamboyant" for a lack of better words. But, different strokes for different folks

Oh, no. I wasn't saying Mikes Mustang was a Ricemobile, I was just speaking generally about people that would do that. On the exterior, (minus the bee graphics and ports) I think Mikes Mustang really does look nice. And while the work on the interior is impressive, that's just a little too much yellow for me. However, I think even if it was any of the other colors, it would still be a little too overboard for me. He's interior looks more like a show car. His amazingly talented, and as Kobrall said, I wouldn't mind seeing Mike start selling those custom parts!

- Josh

IMO:

:barf:

• 3 months later...

Actually, no. Mikes Mustang is a GT. The last time I talked with him, he was talking about a blower for it. Mike did all of the interior work (and some of the exterior work) last winter, while keeping his GT garaged! He may not have the best eye for what looks good (again, that's subjective) but, you have to admire all of the work that went into the parts and what not. A couple of people have expressed interest in a few of the interior parts.

- Josh

• 3 weeks later...

Archived