TEAM SHELBY FORUM

13th ANNUAL TEAM SHELBY BASH

ForumAdmin

Thursday, March 19 - Sunday, March 22

Come rumble in the desert at the 13th Annual Team Shelby Bash! This four-day event will include once-in-a-lifetime moments with automotive legends, friends and astounding machines!

Imagine a track filled with Shelby American's newest vehicles, three generations of Ford GT's and the new 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 all carving up the corners.

We will honor five decades of the Ford Shelby GT500 and the legendary Ford GT. Plus, we're bringing back some of the most popular elements of past Shelby Bashes!

Design your perfect Shelby Bash experience. You can participate in everything or choose activities a la carte.

Tickets are limited so don't miss out!

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z79-BASH20-TICKET

• ForumAdmin pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

I signed up for the all inclusive package for my wife and myself I would like to modify it a little if possible I want to do the track part on Friday and do the scavenger hunt on Saturday I noticed a disclaimer on the page something about the events happening at the same time and that you can't do the one if signed up for the other. Can I get some more info about this?

Thank you

Thorban Sellers

Edited by Thorban Sellers

56 minutes ago, Thorban Sellers said:

I signed up for the all inclusive package for my wife and myself I would like to modify it a little if possible I want to do the track part on Friday and do the scavenger hunt on Saturday I noticed a disclaimer on the page something about the events happening at the same time and that you can't do the one if signed up for the other. Can I get some more info about this?

Thank you

Thorban Sellers

If you follow the link to the store you will see a footnote on the scavenger hunt:

*Non-track activities occur at the same time as the Track Experience on that day and therefore cannot both be included in your experience

So you should be OK if you Track Friday and drive on Saturday.

I just received this From Brianna,

If you don't want to Track both days you need to select your events through Alacarte.

Correct - that is why it is called the all-inclusive "track" package. The portion you copied into your first email shows everything included in the package.

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:11 AM
To: Brianna Fawn <bfawn@shelby.com>
Subject: RE: All inclusive package question

So are you saying that the all inclusive track package does not include the scavenger hunt and I will need to do alacarte?

Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:08 AM
To: Sellers,Thorban <Thorban.Sellers@colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: All inclusive package question

The day time events happen simultaneously, so if you choose the Poker Run or Scavenger Hunt, you would not be able to track that day. 

Please let me know as soon as possible if you will be changing your tickets.

~Brianna Fawn~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 5:53 PM, ForumAdmin said:

Thursday, March 19 - Sunday, March 22

Come rumble in the desert at the 13th Annual Team Shelby Bash! This four-day event will include once-in-a-lifetime moments with automotive legends, friends and astounding machines!

Imagine a track filled with Shelby American's newest vehicles, three generations of Ford GT's and the new 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 all carving up the corners.

We will honor five decades of the Ford Shelby GT500 and the legendary Ford GT. Plus, we're bringing back some of the most popular elements of past Shelby Bashes!

Design your perfect Shelby Bash experience. You can participate in everything or choose activities a la carte.

Tickets are limited so don't miss out!

https://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Z79-BASH20-TICKET

I wish I could be there. Sounds like fun 

But I can't 

This is my first Team Shelby event, with my first Shelby vehicle,  2019 GT350.   This is also my first track event since the GT350 Track Attack course,  and the second day in the Mustang 5.0. 

The schedule looks great,  but I was wondering what to expect between track sessions?  Do we just hangout with the other drivers around our cars/trailers by the track?  I assume this is where we may need some chairs and something to shade the sun?  Coolers, water,  snacks?

On 2/26/2020 at 6:47 AM, ClintW said:

This is my first Team Shelby event, with my first Shelby vehicle,  2019 GT350.   This is also my first track event since the GT350 Track Attack course,  and the second day in the Mustang 5.0. 

The schedule looks great,  but I was wondering what to expect between track sessions?  Do we just hangout with the other drivers around our cars/trailers by the track?  I assume this is where we may need some chairs and something to shade the sun?  Coolers, water,  snacks?

I would definitely recommend a folding chair and plenty of water. As long as there are no incidents causing delays, you will likely have about 40-60 min between your sessions. That's not a lot of time to drink water, check your tire pressures and wear, grab a snack, hit the restroom, talk with an instructor, change out the battery in your camera(s), and maybe get in a play-by-play from the last session with all your fellow track nut enthusiasts.  It goes by very quickly if you properly taking care of yourself and your equipment. That's why we recommend you get a good night's sleep before arriving to the track. Its pretty much the most fun you're ever going to have!!

What type of camera mounts are allowed?  Do they have to be hard mounted,  or are suction cups OK?  Also, is track armor tape a must have to protect the front end?  I do have a clear bra.

Edited by ClintW

Go Pro mounts work very well, I have even seen people tie string to their camera if they are mounted on the outside, (just In case) it falls off. suction cup mounts are exceptable for the Interior Mounting of a Camera or Cell phone as long as they are secure. No loose phones are allowed or any loose items inside of the car. Holding of phones by passengers to record is frowned upon. Morning briefing will go over safety issues and answer any other questions you may have.

As for Track Amour tape, some people do use it. Personal preference. I have clear bra and have never used anything else. Yes your clear bra will get nicked up, But that's what it is for. if you want to put Track Armour on, that is up to you. The front of the car gets pretty dirty. I wipe mine down (at least try to) after every session.

I hope this answers your questions.

IMG_0948.JPG

Edited by YorbaRaptor

• 2 weeks later...

A quote from Tracey Smith,

Following the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), the Carroll Shelby International Board of Directors today announced the postponement of its 13th Annual Team Shelby Bash, scheduled for March 19-22, 2020, in Las Vegas. Their decision was made due to the uncertainty of the current public health crisis and to safeguard Team Shelby club members, customers, sponsors and guests from the potential spread of COVID-19. 

We hope to be able to reschedule the Team Shelby Bash as health and safety concerns dictate. 

All transactions will be fully refunded. However, this process will take time. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for a refund to show on your form of payment.

We sincerely hope that you all remain safe during these trying times.

Thanks.  The lack of an official update here pretty much confirms that Shelby American no longer believes this forum is meaningful.  With this forum being taken over as personal facebook for a handful of members,  they now do their primary business on facebook. 

Edited by twobjshelbys

2 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Thanks.  The lack of an official update here pretty much confirms that Shelby American no longer believes this forum is meaningful.  Having been taken over as personal facebook for a handful of members,  they now do their primary business on facebook. 

Sad, but probably accurate.

I strongly agree.  I been to every bash except for 2008.

This year no Bash information on forum as in years passed. Had to go to face book to find formation for host hotel and Bash sign up.

Got the email that Bash was cancel and refund money.  Forum did not have any information that the Bash was canceled.