TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will the NAV headunit work with Shaker 1000?

I've been looking at the Pioneer AVIC-D3 to put in my Cobra/GT500 but would like to keep the headunit in the GT500 OEM if possible.

I heard somewhere that the NAV only works with the 500, but I'm not sure. I've seen some new units, and am hoping it might be plug and play?

That's what I heard also, the NAV sysytem only works with the 500. but it's worth a shot if the stero shop dealer says it will work, have them install it & if it doesn't don't buy it & if it damages the Shaker 1000 tll them you'll send them a bill for the learning curve since they didn't do there homework before they tried to sell it to you. keep us posted on the out come

• 2 weeks later...
I've been looking at the Pioneer AVIC-D3 to put in my Cobra/GT500 but would like to keep the headunit in the GT500 OEM if possible.

I heard somewhere that the NAV only works with the 500, but I'm not sure. I've seen some new units, and am hoping it might be plug and play?

The factory nav will not work with the shaker 1000. The d3 is a nice piece, but the Z2 is much cooler. If you get a Z2, it needs to be a late serial number. (I can get you the specifics) The early Z2's cannot be bypassed, but the later ones can. Since the factory does not play movies, the Pioneer stuff is a much better deal. By the way, the map disk for the factory nav says Pioneer right on it.

Not to intrude but I noticed that my car does not appear to have any rear speakers?

I have the Mach500 by the way.

Whats up with that, also, may I add this is the worst sound system I have ever heard in any car above $30k. Sounds like mono!

If yours is a coupe, you have rear speakers under the rear deck. Open the trunk and look under the rear package shelf. they are not visible from the top as they are covered by the carpeting on 07 and up models.

The Shaker500 ain't great but there are a bunch of worse factory stereos out there. Adding the Nav unit and a sub/amp dramaticly improves things!

IMO the 500 is as good as my Mach 460 was. I find the bass to be pretty strout. I can only adjust it up 2-3 bars before it begins to thump my ear drums. I can only imagine how strong the 1000 must be. I do like the NAV unit a lot more than I thought I would.

The one thing this stereo system really needs is some mid-range speakers.

Archived