TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Documentary on Nextflix

mfield2a

I did a search to see if this had been posted, but “0” returns for Netflix.  So apologies if this is a re-post.  

For those who have Netflix, just search for Shelby. For those who do not I would get a 30 day free trial just to see it, because it’s that good!!! 2 hour complete documentary that was just released.

Also check out “the 24 hour war”, which is the 2016 documentary for Ford vs Ferrari. and check out “Senna”, a documentary about his life.  

13 hours ago, mfield2a said:

For those who have Netflix, just search for Shelby. For those who do not I would get a 30 day free trial just to see it, because it’s that good!!! 2 hour complete documentary that was just released.

We have Netflix so I did that search and found it. Watched it start to stop late last night.  For me, the most interesting part was all of the historical newspaper clippings about Mr. Shelby both as a racer and as a car manufacturer.  Another interesting moment, a very brief one, was when Dan Gurney made a comment about Mr. Shelby's association with the truth.  As someone who grew up in San Diego, I saw a fair number of races at Riverside International Raceway, everything from NASCAR to Formula 2000.  The footage of that track (there was not a great deal of it) showcased that it was a series of twisties followed by a long back straightaway.  It was well worth the watch.  Thanks for the tip.

Jim Clark

Enjoyable show. Better than a documentary. A few things I learned. Enjoyed learning his early days and his being driver and his shaping racing up to GT40...exciting footage...there was not so much mustang, which is more common focus of other stuff. I liked the less focus on mustang...learned more. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, case12 said:

Enjoyable show. Better than a documentary. A few things I learned. Enjoyed learning his early days and his being driver and his shaping racing up to GT40...exciting footage...there was not so much mustang, which is more common focus of other stuff. I liked the less focus on mustang...learned more. 

Excellent points all.  Until I read  your post, I had not realized how little Mustang stuff was in there.  The show made it clear that the GT350 was very much a sideline for Shelby American back in the day.  

Jim Clark