TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changes to 40th Anniversary Package

KingCobra

I spoke with Shelby Autos today and got some confirmation on a few things regarding the 40th Anniversary Package.

1. Since the release of the package details at Sema last fall, a few items have appearantly been deleted from the package recently. They include:

the 40th Anniversary ring around the center of the rear faux gas cap,

Shelby door handles with snake logo,

Arm rest cover with snake logo.

2. The Shelby floor mats have been changed to Shelby 40th Anniversary floor mats, and carbon fiber rocker panels have been added.

They appearantly were having trouble with the embossed Shelby logo in the arm rest, the Shelby door handles were just going to be a sticker(although the pic shows them engraved), and

I don't know what happened with the 40th Anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap. I am happy with the trade off for the carbon rockers. I

asked about the tires, since Amy had told me that they were looking into other options, there is the possibility that we may get to choose from an

available three choices of the Pirelli P Zero Neros, BF Goodrich (which ones?), and Nittos (which ones?) That would be awesome!!! But, all they

could confirm right now is the Pirelli P Zero Neros.

Here is a pic of the carbon rockers on the SS, for those that have not already seen them. I have also posted a pic of the deleted arm rests, and the

Shelby door handles, but there never was a pic of the 40th Anniversary ring so I don't have that.

KingCobra.

post-1791-1185309211_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185309390_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185309405_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185309211_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185309390_thumb.jpg

post-1791-1185309405_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the update KingCobra. Actually I'm very happy they substituted the handles(stick -on :hysterical2: ) and the armrest(which from others' experiences sucked anyway) with the cf rockers, which I love and thought they should have had on to begin with. The only mild disappointment now is the tire size. If they go with the nittos at least that will make up a little for the undersized tread. By the way, I'm #51 but not sure when I can get my car out there. I know there has been some discussion of having multiple SS upfit locations, was there any talk of the 40th at multiple locations also?

Spoke with John Walker at SAI today about the 40th. He says that the arm rest and the 40th anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap are definately going to be apart of the 40th Anniversary package. They have had some issues that have had to worked out with these items, but they are getting adressed, and we will have them on our cars. The problem, which has not been resolved is the Shelby door handles. The were originally etched, but this weakened the handles, leading too eventual fracture. So far all they have come up with is a sticker, but are still looking into this item. I am told that the tire decision has been finalized, and the original choice of the Pirelli P Zero Nero will be the tires included on the 40th.

KingCobra.

Spoke with John Walker at SAI today about the 40th. He says that the arm rest and the 40th anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap are definately going to be apart of the 40th Anniversary package. They have had some issues that have had to worked out with these items, but they are getting adressed, and we will have them on our cars. The problem, which has not been resolved is the Shelby door handles. The were originally etched, but this weakened the handles, leading too eventual fracture. So far all they have come up with is a sticker, but are still looking into this item. I am told that the tire decision has been finalized, and the original choice of the Pirelli P Zero Nero will be the tires included on the 40th.

KingCobra.

You are better source to me then SA itself! Thanks.

Do you guys think we will be able to some day order the CF rockers, front spoiler and side mirrors for our cars?

I saw that they were going to sell the front lip and mirror covers for about $800 but that did not include the rockers. I wonder if they will add that to list of possible items to purchase.

There is just so many ways SAI and Ford can and continue to cash in on these GT500s!

I want all the parts!

KingCobra.

This ring around the faux gas cap you speak of, Any pictures or descriptions available?...Will it actually replace the gas cap or compliment it?

Just another thought, If the above mentioned items are "Definitely Going To Be A Part of The 40th Anniversary Package" are they present on the cars that are rumored to be already fininshed?...I have read somewhere that 10 or so are done...How come SAI does not post any pictures of the completed product?

I feel if that actual 40th Anniversary Packge cars exist, Posting pictures would go a long way to answer several of our questions we have about the final product.

P.S. - How about that 40th only forum?

You are better source to me then SA itself! Thanks.

Thank you very much!!!

I try to get the info that I think everybody wants, and I always post as soon as I can to share what I can get.

KingCobra.

Do you guys think we will be able to some day order the CF rockers, front spoiler and side mirrors for our cars?

I saw that they were going to sell the front lip and mirror covers for about $800 but that did not include the rockers. I wonder if they will add that to list of possible items to purchase.

There is just so many ways SAI and Ford can and continue to cash in on these GT500s!

I want all the parts!

As I understand it, the carbon fiber front air splittter and mirror covers were removed quite some time ago from the Shelby web site, and will not be available except as part of the 40th Anniversary and Super Snake packages.

The carbon fiber rocker panels are part of both packages aswell, but will also not be available separately.

KingCobra.

This ring around the faux gas cap you speak of, Any pictures or descriptions available?...Will it actually replace the gas cap or compliment it?

Just another thought, If the above mentioned items are "Definitely Going To Be A Part of The 40th Anniversary Package" are they present on the cars that are rumored to be already fininshed?...I have read somewhere that 10 or so are done...How come SAI does not post any pictures of the completed product?

I feel if that actual 40th Anniversary Packge cars exist, Posting pictures would go a long way to answer several of our questions we have about the final product.

P.S. - How about that 40th only forum?

The 40th Anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap I assume will be a completely new 1 piece replacement, but I have not had comfirmation of that. It has not yet been recieved by Shelby. So, I would assume that it would just be sent to the 40th customers after they recieve them. John at SAI is looking into getting some pics of the cars that are currently waiting to be shipped back to customers. As I understand it, it sounds like there have been around five cars, give or take, so far.

Sharon was looking into offering a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package Forum some time back, but I have not heard or seen anything about it!!!

KingCobra.

The 40th Anniversary ring around the rear faux gas cap I assume will be a completely new 1 piece replacement, but I have not had comfirmation of that. It has not yet been recieved by Shelby. So, I would assume that it would just be sent to the 40th customers after they recieve them. John at SAI is looking into getting some pics of the cars that are currently waiting to be shipped back to customers. As I understand it, it sounds like there have been around five cars, give or take, so far.

Sharon was looking into offering a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Package Forum some time back, but I have not heard or seen anything about it!!!

KingCobra.

Thanks for the update, With the gas cap getting replaced...My red stripe package will now consist of 3 red cobras on the front & 2 sides, I should have & could have ordered black with stripe delete and saved myself all this anxiety & second guessing, But I would have never just ordered plain old black, it was going to be grabber orange with white stripes...Yea grabber orange with...Never mind!

Why would anyone opt for the 40th package?

Get the SS package, has both go and show not just show

I don't have as much money as you obviously do!...How much horsepower are you going to get from the chin, mirror covers & rockers you are looking to buy?

Why would anyone opt for the 40th package?

Get the SS package, has both go and show not just show

A 40th with SAI performance options will perform to the SS as a practical matter and there will be far less 40th than SS when it is all said and done. Major difference is the hood. Many like the SS hood, I'm one that like the stock hood better. Besides that, you can't get Silver Stripes on the SS. LOL

A 40th with SAI performance options will perform to the SS as a practical matter and there will be far less 40th than SS when it is all said and done. Major difference is the hood. Many like the SS hood, I'm one that like the stock hood better. Besides that, you can't get Silver Stripes on the SS. LOL

+1

The 40th with SS power options is the SS for less!! Only way you can do that. The 40th is not pick and choose - nor is the SS. Though if you do the 40th - you can pick and choose SS parts.

I don't have as much money as you obviously do!...How much horsepower are you going to get from the chin, mirror covers & rockers you are looking to buy?

The thing is, the 40th package is going to cost you alot more than buying some parts here and there.

JLT is working on a CF splitter, and I bet it will cost much much less than SAI's. I will go with his covers and splitter once they are complete.

I just don't see the 40th adding any value to the car and does not add anything except looks minus the lowering springs.

Not bashing, just seeing what your all minds sets were going into this.

Save for what you really want, the SS :D

The thing is, the 40th package is going to cost you alot more than buying some parts here and there.

JLT is working on a CF splitter, and I bet it will cost much much less than SAI's. I will go with his covers and splitter once they are complete.

I just don't see the 40th adding any value to the car and does not add anything except looks minus the lowering springs.

Not bashing, just seeing what your all minds sets were going into this.

Save for what you really want, the SS :D

I couldn't DISAGREE with you more. The car looks and handles awesome. The only thing I would like added is a Shelby CAI and tune, both of which are Ford Racing at this time anyway. Say what you want now, but as I stand here and look at it...you couldn't be more wrong.

post-3801-1186075894_thumb.jpg

post-3801-1186075894_thumb.jpg

I couldn't DISAGREE with you more. The car looks and handles awesome. The only thing I would like added is a Shelby CAI and tune, both of which are Ford Racing at this time anyway. Say what you want now, but as I stand here and look at it...you couldn't be more wrong.

Is that an actual picture of a 40th Shelby on the rack? - Please send more!

Not on the rack.... :yup:

The 1st 40th is done! :happy feet:

Don't tease us.......Post some more pic's.

My wifey says no packages for Grabber. She says she is buying new furniture and a plasma TV for the living room. She's out shopping now. :banghead:

So you have one of the five completed 40th Anniversary cars. More photos please. And a review of the handling and performance improvements.

Jim

Quit teasing, more pics, more pics!!happy%20feet.gifI don't see the 40th anniversary ring around the faux gas cap?

My wifey says no packages for Grabber. She says she is buying new furniture and a plasma TV for the living room. She's out shopping now. :banghead:

You do have TWO NEW mustangs, I'm sure the plasma T.V. was part YOUR idea too :hysterical:

Not trying to tease anybody, but yes, I took delivery of one of if not the first 40th cars. It's a beautiful thing and I'll take more pictures in the near future to satisfy your questions. My wife and I are very happy with the craftsmanship put into it by SAI. A few details remain, but I don't regret taking the plunge. The car is simply awesome to drive and very distinctive. We've only had the car for a little over a week and I've lost track of how many people complimented us. It's a whole new level of driving experience for us.

Cheers!

what's your csm#?

Where's the 40th ring for the back?

What was your previous lower rocker stripe color?

Did you get all your old parts back?

What was the shipping cost for the parts to come back?

did you trailor it or ship it there?

How long did it taken them to do it & when did they do it?

Why make us wait, snap more photos so we can Oooooo & Ahhhhhh some more

Not trying to tease anybody, but yes, I took delivery of one of if not the first 40th cars. It's a beautiful thing and I'll take more pictures in the near future to satisfy your questions. My wife and I are very happy with the craftsmanship put into it by SAI. A few details remain, but I don't regret taking the plunge. The car is simply awesome to drive and very distinctive. We've only had the car for a little over a week and I've lost track of how many people complimented us. It's a whole new level of driving experience for us.

Cheers!

Congrats to you and Sarah ( hope I remembered her name correct ). Way cool looking ride you two have. It was a real pleasure for Marji and I to meet Sarah at SAI when she was in Vegas to see your GT500. Hope the pictures I took of her and the Shelby turned out.

Dan and Marji

Cheers!

So you have the 40th cosmetic and suspension improvements. Did you get any of the SS power upgrades?

Archived