TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer drilled the f'ing holes

CobraO

So I am in negotiations with a dealer on a Blue coupe. He sent me some pictures today (after I sent my offer) and I noticed they drilled the holes for the front plate.

What would you have them do? I had a 03 Cobra here in Houston for 3 years, no front plate - no problems. And there are ways to mount it without drilling into the bumper.

Replace the bumper cover? Have the body shop repair the bumper cover? The holes are in the stripes, so maybe they could fill the holes and replace the two stripe sections.

Anyone have experience with this?

i would replace the stripes ... fill in the holes ... and reshoot that area .... but it doesnt have to be perfect since the stripes will cover it .. but ya .. that is lame ... drilling holes in a car thats not sold ... real bright idea

So I am in negotiations with a dealer on a Blue coupe. He sent me some pictures today (after I sent my offer) and I noticed they drilled the holes for the front plate.

What would you have them do? I had a 03 Cobra here in Houston for 3 years, no front plate - no problems. And there are ways to mount it without drilling into the bumper.

Replace the bumper cover? Have the body shop repair the bumper cover? The holes are in the stripes, so maybe they could fill the holes and replace the two stripe sections.

Hey man,

My 04 Cobra had them drilled. Right now I have some black plugs that I will soon paint the color of the car and they will disappear. Sorry to hear that. They SCREWED your car!!!

Give em one of these... :chairshot: & :beatdeadhorse: & :gang: & :rip: & :finger: & :devil2: & then :barf: in thier showroom to top it off. :nonono:

if it is a good price, take the car. It is a minor defect and easy to fix. But if it has a huge ADM, then do not buy it since you are not in love with that particular car. Let someone else who does not mind that take it home. To some it matters, to others it doesnt.

For me it would depend on the price and the color. Blue / Tungsten is not available in 08, so if you are set on that color combo I would ask one of the board members(with the capabilities) to see if anymore are showing up on the national locator. If no,or out of your price range, I would have them fill the holes and only spray the area covered by the stripes.

good luck in your decision

For me it would depend on the price and the color. Blue / Tungsten is not available in 08, so if you are set on that color combo I would ask one of the board members(with the capabilities) to see if anymore are showing up on the national locator. If no,or out of your price range, I would have them fill the holes and only spray the area covered by the stripes.

good luck in your decision

Vista Blue with tungsten stripes is one of the rare color combos out there. There are only 7 left showing up in locator in the country. Spitzer has one of them which everyone knows they want $20K over on their cars. That leaves only 6 of these left to get any kind of a deal on.

I didn't put a plate on the front of mine at first, but after I got my personalized plates and how good they looked I ended up putting my front plate on and it looks good on the front with the brackets I have. So I actually like mine on the front. I guess it depends on what the plate looks like as well.

I would have them do the repair. All the money you are spending, you should have a "perfect" car. I actually backed out of a deal with an 03 Cobra because of this. I specifically told the salesperson NOT to drill holes in the front bumper. They did anyway. Too bad so sad....found another dealer and got my 03 Cobra (with no holes!).

Archived