TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am Legend GT500 on eBay

ShelbyEra08

First off, i will admit i was trying to find this car a few years ago. It looks like it is on eBay for a cool $150,000 https://www.ebay.com/itm/283649860290

However i am thrown off a bit, i thought they changed the transmission from a Manual to an Automatic for the Hero car so the actor could drive the car without having to Shift Gears

I saw this story on Google News  yesterday.

I too wonder why they crush cars after movies. Maybe the ones that are modified for just movies aren’t necessarily “road worthy” anymore? Just a thought. 

That car was so bad a$$ when it was first intro’d. I remember the German tv commercial too...... my first 500’s color!! 🕺

And to think that 500 horses is nothing today..... :drop: 

55 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

Two reasons, lawyers believe the cars have liability and most likely they were regular Mustang's dressed up to look like GT500's.

Then they should be crushing these SGT’s on the web for sale that are “dressed up” GT350’s. 

:hysterical: 

20 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

Two reasons, lawyers believe the cars have liability and most likely they were regular Mustang's dressed up to look like GT500's.

I get the lawyer issues, cuz those are real menaces to society, but cars are wrecked and repaired all the time, isn't that a possibility?  And even if they were just dressed up Mustangs, that just seems like a waste to me.  Has to be parts that are salvageable, if not the whole car.  I don't recall that movie being like Dukes of Hazard with cars jumping everything and anything, so what damage could they have?  I'm just thinking out loud, don't feel like there has to be an answer.

I reached out to the Seller of that car, i asked them about the Transmission

There were six cars total five of them were crushed one of them was a fake automatic for some of the shots but this was the main car for beauty shots. All documented by the owner of the production company. Yes this car is a Manual Transmission

3 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

I get the lawyer issues, cuz those are real menaces to society, but cars are wrecked and repaired all the time, isn't that a possibility?  And even if they were just dressed up Mustangs, that just seems like a waste to me.  Has to be parts that are salvageable, if not the whole car.  I don't recall that movie being like Dukes of Hazard with cars jumping everything and anything, so what damage could they have?  I'm just thinking out loud, don't feel like there has to be an answer.

It's not necessarily damage but can include unsafe modifications made to the vehicle. For example the parking brake is often manipulated so that the stunt driver can manipulate locking up the rear wheels independently of each other, cars can have bracing added or removed from the car depending on what the effect they are seeking to catch on film, many times the exhaust is modified that no long meets emission or sound level regulations. Also certain things can be turned off such as driving lights or traction control and what if they were not turned back on when the car was sold? There will be lawyers who will claim that it had something to do with a future accident.

Carroll Shelby was sued once because of a pre-production (pilot) vehicle he owned. The lawyers for the plaintiff said that because the vehicle was not a regular production, sold new at the dealership, that it HAD to be a faulty vehicle even though the vehicle was 100% stock and was perfectly legal in every regard. For those that don't know a "pilot vehicle" is part of the first dozen or so vehicle built at the beginning of the new model year to get the assembly line workers up to speed.

Steven

19 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

It's not necessarily damage but can include unsafe modifications made to the vehicle. For example the parking brake is often manipulated so that the stunt driver can manipulate locking up the rear wheels independently of each other, cars can have bracing added or removed from the car depending on what the effect they are seeking to catch on film, many times the exhaust is modified that no long meets emission or sound level regulations. Also certain things can be turned off such as driving lights or traction control and what if they were not turned back on when the car was sold? There will be lawyers who will claim that it had something to do with a future accident.

Carroll Shelby was sued once because of a pre-production (pilot) vehicle he owned. The lawyers for the plaintiff said that because the vehicle was not a regular production, sold new at the dealership, that it HAD to be a faulty vehicle even though the vehicle was 100% stock and was perfectly legal in every regard. For those that don't know a "pilot vehicle" is part of the first dozen or so vehicle built at the beginning of the new model year to get the assembly line workers up to speed.

Steven

Interesting, things I would never have considered.  And lawyers are usually low level scum, so I'm not surprised Carroll was sued for nonsense.  That's all they usually do.  Back in my paramedic days I picked up an old lady who tripped over a cable that went around a tire business' parking lot, and fell and broke her hip.  She was trying to cut across the parking lot instead of staying on the sidewalk.  Naturally the business was sued, and I had to give a deposition since I was one of the first responders.  I made a comment about if she would've stayed on the sidewalk she wouldn't have tripped, cuz I was annoyed that the business was being sued for something completely her fault.  Her lawyers tried to get it off the record, obviously because they didn't want any common sense involved.  No idea about the outcome, but she probably won and got large amounts of money for being clumsy.  Juries are worse than lawyers in those cases.  sorry about the rant.