TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grabber Orange GT's at SAI/???

monzter

From another site:

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/2007-sh...-revisited.html

The poster from the other site shows a picture of the SAI praking lot in Vegas with a row of Grabber Orange GT's sitting on the lot. I hadn't heard anything about any GO SGT's, the 08's are all going to be blue.

Anyone have some inside info they'd like to share :)

You didn't hear it from me, but all California assigned 2008 SGT's will be GO/silver not blue/silver. JUST THE CALIFORNIA REGIONAL CARS. That will make them that much more valuable going forward. I had mentioned this in another forum a couple of months ago.

But again, you did not hear that from me, okay?

:headspin:

ATTENTION CRISPY, ARE YOU SEEING THIS?

You didn't hear it from me, but all California assigned 2008 SGT's will be GO/silver not blue/silver. JUST THE CALIFORNIA REGIONAL CARS. That will make them that much more valuable going forward. I had mentioned this in another forum a couple of months ago.

Thank you, Big E! I Love the GO & Silver. Verrry pretty! Of course I am seeing this :hysterical:

Son, I remember you saying that. However, the poster on shelbyautos who was at SAI and saw the cars said they had GT500 spoilers, black razors and 5.4 badges on the cars. They were GTs not GT500s. Speculation on shelbyautos is that these are Terlingua cars. Amy was in the thread and didn't confirm nor deny. Since there is no yellow in the Mustang color chart, GO is the closest and we know Amy's love for the GO.

Son, I remember you saying that. However, the poster on shelbyautos who was at SAI and saw the cars said they had GT500 spoilers, black razors and 5.4 badges on the cars. They were GTs not GT500s. Speculation on shelbyautos is that these are Terlingua cars. Amy was in the thread and didn't confirm nor deny. Since there is no yellow in the Mustang color chart, GO is the closest and we know Amy's love for the GO.

Interesting...could this be some kind of new Special Edition GT that hasn't been reported yet? Could be Terlingua cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Amy posted on her Q&A thread, in response to questions, that the 300 2008MY Grabber Orange Cars for CA are included in the original 2100 scheduled production and that all of the GO cars are coupes.

Maybe somebody good with numbers can figure out how that breaks down the color and body combinations.

Also:

Shelby Dude, Son of GT, Nilkilla (or anybody else),

As I read Amy's answers I am struck by more questions. If CA gets 300 GO cars out of the 2100, does that mean CA gets almost 15% of the 2008s? Is CA getting Vista Blue cars also? How many? What percentage of Mustangs does CA usually get? I already have some follow up questions depending on answers.

:sandbox:

California usually gets the most allotment, as they sell the most cars, especially gaspins(spell?) ford.

Just look at their current stock in GT500s, it's ridiculous, though for East coast I thought we were doing good at 19 allotted, and heck some of them are well over 20.

% I couldn't tell ya off hand. I do believe CA is getting Vista Blue as well.

I'm hoping SD steps in with better info :)

• 1 month later...
A little more on the grabber orange Shelby GTs. Bud Mahoney of SAI just posted on the Shelby Forum that Mr. Shelby signed the visors for the 300 grabber orange cars. Anybody spot one in SoCal yet.

Yes, I was given permission to post that all of the GO SGT's sunvisors were signed by Mr. Shelby. And as of this time, none of the 2008 SGT's (blue or orange) have been shipped. Hopefully soon.

Bud

Hello Budman340 do you know if we can still order a 2008 SHELBY GT, or are all of the cars spoken for already, thanks STSVT

Grabber orange cars through Cali dealers only but the Vista Blue 08's through most dealers providing they have allocation.

Hello Budman340 do you know if we can still order a 2008 SHELBY GT, or are all of the cars spoken for already, thanks STSVT

Hi STSVT,

Well, kind of yes and no. All of the 08 have been spoken for----meaning, they have all been sold to Ford. I am not sure which dealers they go too after we are done with them. After we are done doing the conversions, they are shipped out to the allocated dealers. If you are looking for the 08SGT, I would start calling the Ford dealers to see if they are getting any in. Or you can keep checking the threads on this forum for any dealers who post here. I am sure they would be more than happy to help you on your quest to find an 08 SGT :happy feet:

Bud

Archived