TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Documentation?

David Walton

I'm curious what everybody has to document their Shelby. I have the window sticker, the certificate from the Shelby Registry, a spreadsheet from the Ford Performance Group specifying the number built with the options, and I'm going to order the Marti Report. I could have sworn there was something other documentation but I can't remember what it was now. Just curious what everybody else has? 

A lot would depend on which particular Shelby you have and what was done to it. As an example, since I have the 45th edition on the GT350, I have the original Ford order doc's and the original build/order sheets from SAI. I also have pictures of the car sitting in the SAI warehouse waiting for its turn to be built (don't ask me how I got those 🙂 ). Since it was a museum delivery, there is a bunch of doc's that go along with that. From original order to final delivery I have binders full of "stuff."

So it all depends on what might be available with any particular iteration of Shelby. I'd say you've got it covered pretty well unless you're the original owner and have the sales contract to go along with the rest of the paperwork. Just sayin'.....

20 hours ago, 2012TexasGT500 said:

I'm curious what everybody has to document their Shelby. I have the window sticker, the certificate from the Shelby Registry, a spreadsheet from the Ford Performance Group specifying the number built with the options, and I'm going to order the Marti Report. I could have sworn there was something other documentation but I can't remember what it was now. Just curious what everybody else has? 

For a 2012 GT500 you're getting close to having most documents. Many current generation Shelby owners have been disappointed with the Marti report as most if not all of the info on the report is info you already have especially if you have the SVT authenticity certificate from Ford that includes a cover letter containing build/sequence numbers.

Do you have the SVT certificate already?

Steven

On 11/11/2019 at 8:53 AM, SAI-Steven said:

For a 2012 GT500 you're getting close to having most documents. Many current generation Shelby owners have been disappointed with the Marti report as most if not all of the info on the report is info you already have especially if you have the SVT authenticity certificate from Ford that includes a cover letter containing build/sequence numbers.

Do you have the SVT certificate already?

Steven

Yes, I already have this certificate. 

Thanks all for the info!

Edited by 2012TexasGT500