TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Complicated Calculus - Selling Your Car For The GT500

50 Deep

2 hours ago, svttim said:

Drove the car last week. Its is extreemly fast and unlike others her, I like the looks. But driving it on track left me a bit empty. You sit in the seat and steer. I just felt somewhat unattached. I wil not replace the R with a 500. Maybe someday as a daily but I love the balance of the R on track and the third pedal even though the shifting in the GT500 is much quicker

To each their own I say. You and Mongoose like your sticks and I don’t blame you. On the street I like the low end grunt more then the 350R I had. I haven’t  been to the Ford Performance track day yet.  All I can say is the reviews and track time by professional drivers in both trim levels are setting records. Randy Pobst says it’s a TIE with a $175K Porsche GT3 RS on the track. That’s Porsche’s track weapon and that says it all about the new Shelby GT500. Later Tim 

Oh and Ford says it’s 3.3 to 60 and 10.6 in the 1/4 mile  and yes these numbers have been duplicated at the drags . Speed Phenom set the record months ago. If Ford would go to AWD those numbers would fall in the 0 to 60 times .But that’s more money and it’s already up there imo .

F7AC2E63-062C-4740-97B3-8D7D3D458EE4.jpeg

3B550DC9-2842-489E-B8F2-77879677B1C5.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, svttim said:

Drove the car last week. Its is extreemly fast and unlike others her, I like the looks. But driving it on track left me a bit empty. You sit in the seat and steer. I just felt somewhat unattached. I wil not replace the R with a 500. Maybe someday as a daily but I love the balance of the R on track and the third pedal even though the shifting in the GT500 is much quicker

Ya I wondered what it would be like to drive on the track, did you make use of  the paddle shift. I would think you are more attached to the car with the standard . jmo

1 minute ago, shelby001 said:

Ya I wondered what it would be like to drive on the track, did you make use of  the paddle shift. I would think you are more attached to the car with the standard . jmo

Did not use the paddel shifters. The car is actually quicker by itself. And Yes, The standard Trans is a big part of that

The paddles shifters  are directly connected to the trans . The shifts seem faster then the DCT in the C8 . Having a 7500 rev limit makes for some fun on back county roads just north of Atlanta. The paddles with down shifts is a ton of fun. You never miss a upshift and it just bangs through the gears with a nice pop from the exhaust. On the track this thing will be a blast and I can’t wait. Just saying ....:yahoo:

Edited by mach 1 1970

4 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Sure is nice having a ignore list on TS . Mr know it all claims he can buy GT500’s at below msrp all day long. If anyone has been truly looking to buy it’s not the case. 

Hey mach, you are one of the best “Car Guys” out there that really know your stuff when it comes to car deals and finding the very best prices and working the best deals that I ever heard of and you always come out on top.  This is simply fact not fiction, so you have my vote on what you say and yes it sure is nice to have a “Ignore List”, just saying!

4 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Hey Jim, I’m with you on the standard tranny making you feel more part or attached to the car, but for now that’s not offered for us car guys.  But I will say if a car guy can only afford one car, like most of us, I’d have to lean more towards the GT 500.  Yes, the 350R  is a great track car and can be driven on the street, but that really wasn’t what it was designed and built for, unlike the new GT500 which was a purpose built special car to do double duty both on and off the track.   If you read Randy Pobst’s comments on the GT500 it’s a super capable car on the track too and you can always believe what Randy says because he’s a real straight shooter and tells it like it is, just saying.

4 hours ago, 50 Deep said:

Good conversation here. Check out my follow up review of the GT500 vs GT350R on track.

https://autologicmagazine.com/2020/02/21/the-third-pedal-experiences-on-track-with-the-gt500-vs-gt350r/amp/

Appreciate the come back, we just love talking cars and stuff with fellow members that feel the same way we do.  

It’s nice to see the 2020 Shelby GT500 is finally being discussed on the TS forum. It’s been crickets up until now. There have been a ton of YouTube and magazine articles about how this is the best GT500 ever. The plant shut down put a kink in the dealership deliveries. I’m not sure how many of the 5000 will actually get built before the 2021 Model starts . Mine is # 2069 and was built in June . Ordered in January. Most dealerships orders seem to be stock orders not retail sold orders. Therefore they tend to tack on mark ups. They also add options that bring the MSRP above $80K. It doesn’t matter which trim order you buy the engine ( except oil catch can ) ,brakes and trans are indentical.  Imagine a car manufacturer adding a catch can. ( however you install ).The golden ticket orders are hard to came by for most dealerships. Good luck finding one of those for MSRP. If anyone on here has a 2020 GT500 post same pictures please and your experiences. 

F43A8A50-B769-4301-A05E-8B104A9DA42B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

It’s nice to see the 2020 Shelby GT500 is finally being discussed on the TS forum. It’s been crickets up until now. There have been a ton of YouTube and magazine articles about how this is the best GT500 ever. The plant shut down put a kink in the dealership deliveries. I’m not sure how many of the 5000 will actually get built before the 2021 Model starts . Mine is # 2069 and was built in June . Ordered in January. Most dealerships orders seem to be stock orders not retail sold orders. Therefore they tend to tack on mark ups. They also add options that bring the MSRP above $80K. It doesn’t matter which trim order you buy the engine ( except oil catch can ) ,brakes and trans are indentical.  Imagine a car manufacturer adding a catch can. ( however you install ).The golden ticket orders are hard to came by for most dealerships. Good luck finding one of those for MSRP. If anyone on here has a 2020 GT500 post same pictures please and your experiences. 

The base  20 GT350 was there as well. It ran with the Base GT500 time wise

1 hour ago, svttim said:

The base  20 GT350 was there as well. It ran with the Base GT500 time wise

Cool ........Two great performance cars for sure. ..:rockon: 

Edited by mach 1 1970

23 hours ago, 50 Deep said:

Good conversation here. Check out my follow up review of the GT500 vs GT350R on track.

https://autologicmagazine.com/2020/02/21/the-third-pedal-experiences-on-track-with-the-gt500-vs-gt350r/amp/

I really like that hood mod on your Shelby GT350R . Cool as **** Do you also have the rain pan for the street ? If I had a 350 I’d get that hood . The Center area is very similar also to the Mustang GT4 design. I’m sure that’s why ford did that hood for the GT500 minus the side louvers. 

Nice write up. You did all the right mods for sure .

68E09AC5-21C7-4BC9-9C48-1EA9D4D416C1.jpeg

66F33244-7508-4143-A814-0D5C1312DCE1.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

5 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

:thumbsup: thanks for the great info!

Cool video on the 2020 GT500  kind of funny ...enjoy  :happyfeet:

Thanks for posting another awesome video!   It put a big smile on my face and got my heart a pumping, and helped me really realize how great of a car the new 2020 GT 500 is!

Randy, the “Stick” is a hell of a driver and tell’s it like it is and you can take that to the bank!  

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

I really like that hood mod on your Shelby GT350R . Cool as **** Do you also have the rain pan for the street ? If I had a 350 I’d get that hood . The Center area is very similar also to the Mustang GT4 design. I’m sure that’s why ford did that hood for the GT500 minus the side louvers. 

Nice write up. You did all the right mods for sure .

68E09AC5-21C7-4BC9-9C48-1EA9D4D416C1.jpeg

66F33244-7508-4143-A814-0D5C1312DCE1.jpeg

:thumbsup:Nice

Sold on Mecum yesterday.. Ken Miles flying Mustang. The first Shelby GT 350R to win a race

.......................SOLD. $3.5 Million. 

FE6E81F6-2923-4BE8-96B7-A39E3E71C77B.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

2 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Sold on Mecum yesterday.. Ken Miles flying Mustang. The first Shelby GT 350R to win a race

.......................SOLD. $3.5 Million. 

FE6E81F6-2923-4BE8-96B7-A39E3E71C77B.jpeg

Thanks for sharing!   That’s one hell of a price, but that’s one hell of a car with awesome history as Ken Miles was a winning driver in it, and there was only one Ken Miles.   :thumbsup:

Digital dash let’s you see these gauges all the time. Oil temp, trans temp and diff temp and much more. Pretty cool . They turn the supercharged up side down for a lower center of gravity . Jaguar F type R has been doing this since 2016 .

4C0FDE90-B4A8-4F5D-998E-DB92EA7E90B8.jpeg

FB562E46-7709-46C3-99CF-4528777D2662.jpeg

45 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Digital dash let’s you see these gauges all the time. Oil temp, trans temp and diff temp and much more. Pretty cool . They turn the supercharged up side down for a lower center of gravity . Jaguar F type R has been doing this since 2016 .

4C0FDE90-B4A8-4F5D-998E-DB92EA7E90B8.jpeg

FB562E46-7709-46C3-99CF-4528777D2662.jpeg

Great information on how the cars running from that new dash, especially if your tracking it, very cool!    :thumbsup:

Mongoose went out this AM with cool temps and the widows down. The sounds of this engine are amazing and Ford has always had that wonderful V8 sound. Some of the Best V/8 sounds on the planet. Just a little different from the voodoo sound . Both cars sound amazing . I’ll try to download a video.

Listen to both cars towards the end of the video. The sound is amazing especially with the down shifts. The red car is on the Base Michelin tires and the orange car is on the cup 2 Michelin tire. Notice how the red car has a harder time with grip and it’s losing time on the track sliding around compared to the orange car. Tires and carbon  fiber wheels my friend . Both cars have the same engine , trans and brakes. The orange car is a bit lower and set up more for the track with the rear spoiler . But it’s mostly tires at these speeds . Enjoy yourself. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Mongoose went out this AM with cool temps and the widows down. The sounds of this engine are amazing and Ford has always had that wonderful V8 sound. Some of the Best V/8 sounds on the planet. Just a little different from the voodoo sound . Both cars sound amazing . I’ll try to download a video.

Listen to both cars towards the end of the video. The sound is amazing especially with the down shifts. The red car is on the Base Michelin tires and the orange car is on the cup 2 Michelin tire. Notice how the red car has a harder time with grip and it’s losing time on the track sliding around compared to the orange car. Tires and carbon  fiber wheels my friend . Both cars have the same engine , trans and brakes. The orange car is a bit lower and set up more for the track with the rear spoiler . But it’s mostly tires at these speeds . Enjoy yourself. 

Thanks for sharing the video, Andy Pilgrim was at his best showing and telling about the differences between the two different packages that were offered on the 2020 GT500.  Yes, I really did enjoy the “Sweat Notes” coming out of those very large pipes on one hell of a car.  :peelout:   

Edited by Mongoose
change text

It’s sad when a 2020 GT500 Subject on a TS forum Can’t stay alive . Because there aren’t enough people on TS anymore. Not enough performance type people to show any interest in one of the best Shelby product Ford has made to date. There isn’t even a 2020 Shelby GT500 thread.  So many old sub threads that the remaining members are scattered all over the place. Oh well .

It’s sad when a 2020 GT500 Subject on a TS forum Can’t stay alive . Because there aren’t enough people on TS anymore. Not enough performance type people to show any interest in one of the best Shelby product Ford has made to date. There isn’t even a 2020 Shelby GT500 thread.  So many old sub threads that the remaining members are scattered all over the place. Oh well .

:thumbsup: Exactly, well said!    Lawn and garden stuff doesn’t go over well on a car forum, just saying!  :doh:

Really like this new color on the 2020 GT500....resize and I loose all the fine details. Can’t wait until the new forum which I hope will solve this minor problem. 

014F0880-2A2F-40AD-99A8-95ADB237609A.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

13 minutes ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Really like this new color on the 2020 GT500....resize and I loose all the fine details. Can’t wait until the new forum which I hope will solve this minor problem. 

014F0880-2A2F-40AD-99A8-95ADB237609A.jpeg

That is a beautiful colour Mach...makes the car pop...:thumbsup: ….your exhaust tips on this picture almost look like they are gold.....:headscratch:

18 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

That is a beautiful colour Mach...makes the car pop...:thumbsup: ….your exhaust tips on this picture almost look like they are gold.....:headscratch:

Yeah with the engine running it spits our gold nuggets. The engine is a treasure for sure .....:hysterical2:

I guess with the sun so low on the horizon it cast a tint on the stainless tips. Those things are 5” in diameter. Very fitting in my book . If you compare them to the C8 tips they are enormous.

Keith...I like the smaller wing on the back also. I know you get more downforce and all but I don’t need it on the street. Maybe I’ll track it once or twice. But that’s a big maybe. Plus the blooding thing with the wheels is $18K. Wow........ Not