TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2020 GT500 First Drive Review

Secondo

11 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Question....if the car is not being produced yet, what are all of these cars that are being tested on the webisphere?  Kit cars...clones.....??? 

:whistling:

Pre Production units.  One of the cars I drove had a chassis number like PP00022 or something like that.

14 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Question....if the car is not being produced yet, what are all of these cars that are being tested on the webisphere?  Kit cars...clones.....??? 

:whistling:

2 hours ago, Fat Boss said:

Pre Production units.  One of the cars I drove had a chassis number like PP00022 or something like that.

Correct, Ford like most every automaker has pre-production or what used to be refereed to as "pilot cars" to work out the kinks in the assembly line along with training workers on new procedures.

Just think about it, would you really want to own a vehicle where the line workers who are assembling the car had never performed such and such procedure before and they are learning on "your" car? I sure wouldn't.

Steven

PS- Many of the pre-production cars will be offered for sale to Ford employees when Ford is done with them.

Amazing Car, it looks like they nailed everything performance wise and I absolutely LOVE the looks.  I still can not get over the fact the Interior is basically the same as a $35K Mustang.  The fake plastic Stitching has to go, I can not think of another car at this price point that has an interior this cheap.  If you are going to charge $10K for stripes have an option for a FULL leather Interior.  People that spend this much want a much nicer interior.  Also PLEASE tell me they plan to offer something other then Black Wheels.

Other then those 2 small gripes (Interior isn't too small, but I would deal with it) I love this car!!!!

Edited by carnut12

"The 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Would Make Carroll Shelby Proud"

Redline Reviews

Carnut, you'll like this review, he agrees with your assessment of the interior vs price and there's close ups of all the alcantara, leather, aluminium, carbon fiber, soft plastic and faux stitching lol. Remember, this isn't a high-end euro luxo cruiser, it's a sport/musclecar/track car where most of the money is in the drivetrain which really shines here. I think most will agree that the interior is plenty nice. Save the wood paneling for the Bentleys, ok? 

17 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Read the article.

The average auto journalists make $45K and Probably can’t afford a $90K+ Shelby . So they are biased to start with. These GT500’s will sell well ( 5000 made ) but not to the average Joe out there. Can’t wait till Randy gets to track one.  They sound good at the track at WOT. The 13/14 GT500 with the SVT track package had track manners but this new one takes it to another level. ..:dance:  A level that most people can’t reach and certainly not on the street  IMO . Chime in Mongoose. 

Edited by mach 1 1970

Hey Slo Lane, your right on the mark again, good catch!    Yes, the author must of been thinking about the Corvette when he mentioned  being around 65 years, because the very first Vette came out in 1953.   

Edited by Mongoose
delete post

21 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

He is confused with the corvette it seems 

It was an article on the Mustang, why would he get it confused with a vette?  I'm thinking more like a typo nobody caught cuz 55 would be correct.  If he was thinking about vettes then he needs to be slapped around.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:43 AM, DrHawkeye said:

It was an article on the Mustang, why would he get it confused with a vette?  I'm thinking more like a typo nobody caught cuz 55 would be correct.  If he was thinking about vettes then he needs to be slapped around.

Why not......it’s happening here on a Shelby Mustang forum. :shrug: 

The 2020 GT500 is proving to be yet another Ford success with Shelby Lineage attached to it. The overall performance numbers trickling out about it are impressive. The reviews are predominantly positive. The order banks are filling up rapidly. People are starting to receive their cars and people are posting in multiple different forums that they will be receiving cars soon with estimated delivery dates before Thanksgiving of 2019.  While I am not in the market for a 760 hp beast myself, I like what they did with the platform. I am glad to know Ford as well as Shelby continue to push the performance envelope for the Mustang and I am happy for people who are going to be getting one.