TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gateway Classic Cars

slbgtsc

Posting this as a warning for those considering selling through Gateway Classics of Denver. I sold my car through them a few months back. Everything seemed good at first. When Scott from Gateway called me to tell me that I had an offer. He asked if I could move down to my bottom price. I asked him if they were taking the same reduction in price that I was being asked to take. Scott said yes, so I agreed to the deal. Well fast forward a month or so. I met the new owner and of course the discussion came around to what he paid. I found out that I took the hit on my end and Gateway took zero off of their side of the deal. I’ve left them a message and let Scott know that I think he is a liar.  Warning to others that are considering using this company that they are not honest.

20 minutes ago, slbgtsc said:

Posting this as a warning for those considering selling through Gateway Classics of Denver. I sold my car through them a few months back. Everything seemed good at first. When Scott from Gateway called me to tell me that I had an offer. He asked if I could move down to my bottom price. I asked him if they were taking the same reduction in price that I was being asked to take. Scott said yes, so I agreed to the deal. Well fast forward a month or so. I met the new owner and of course the discussion came around to what he paid. I found out that I took the hit on my end and Gateway took zero off of their side of the deal. I’ve left them a message and let Scott know that I think he is a liar.  Warning to others that are considering using this company that they are not honest.

Seems strange, like something is missing. This is a pretty big company in an industry where they have to know the community is pretty tight and loves to talk (that community being is “car guys and gals”). You would think word would get around pretty quick if they made a practice of screwing over their lifeblood...the sellers.  

Hope this works out. Keep us posted.

Besides that hope you had good talks with the new owner and they are loving the car...how could they not? 😋

This is why they call em “stealerships”. The dirt balls ruin it for the few stores that have ethics. 

I’ve ALWAYS heard this about the Gateway stealers. When I’m on the web looking at cars and come across a car listed by one of them....I move right on down the road. Don’t even open the ad. :nonono: 

Sorry this happened to ya buddy. If you Google them, you’ll probably see all the discontent. 

13 hours ago, slbgtsc said:

I found out that I took the hit on my end and Gateway took zero off of their side of the deal.

Yup I learned that lesson in the early 1980's for the first & last time I used a consignment lot. Fortunately I pulled the car from the consignment lot and didn't take a hit but I did lose whatever upfront money they charged for putting it on their lot.

In regards to Gateway Classics, just look at the number of cars they have on consignment, look at the high prices and you can pretty much assume which party is making money.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:08 PM, mfield2a said:

Seems strange, like something is missing. This is a pretty big company in an industry where they have to know the community is pretty tight and loves to talk (that community being is “car guys and gals”). You would think word would get around pretty quick if they made a practice of screwing over their lifeblood...the sellers.  

Hope this works out. Keep us posted.

Besides that hope you had good talks with the new owner and they are loving the car...how could they not? 😋

New owner and I have talked several times. Good guy and he loves the car. 

Couldn’t agree more about Gateway. A local friend sold his Cobra through them and had a good experience so I listed my car through them. I was extremely clear with them that once we had a deal I wanted to talk with the new owner. My car has a lot of upgrades, and I wanted to make sure they knew all of the in-outs of her so they could enjoy the car. Once the deal was done I was told that they wouldn’t share my info with the new owner or vice versa? Not once during our conversations before I listed the car was this ever mentioned! Scott and Devine the two jack wagons I worked with acted like it was totally cool for me and the new owner to talk after the deal. I’ve been down there multiple time as they screwed up the title work. The new owner has had to make several trips back as well for the same reason? WTH you are a dealership and you can’t even get the paperwork right? 

Out side of the fact that they lied and screwed me out of $2k they have shown themselves to be completely incompetent.