TEAM SHELBY FORUM

16H0070

This car has been on the Cardinale website for little over a year. When it was first posted, the car had stripes. Sometime in late spring 2019, new photos appeared in their ad WITHOUT stripes. I called to inquire what happened and was told by the salesman "I don't know". When I asked if there was someone there who might be able to shed some light on why the stripes were removed...he said "probably not".  Add in that they don't even know what car their selling (calling it a GT350) makes one wonder what else they don't know about the car? 

2 hours ago, HERTZ II said:

When it was first posted, the car had stripes. Sometime in late spring 2019, new photos appeared in their ad WITHOUT stripes. I called to inquire what happened and was told by the salesman "I don't know".

Hope who ever ends up with the car does a thorough inspection for any possible repaired body damage. In house dealership repairs would not show up on CarFax.

Just look at the damage on the front splitter.

I've also seen this car in person. Car is not too bad but, I will say that it does show its signs of being a prior rental. It did appear that much of the drivers side had been repainted in its past, but did not look fresh enough to have been done by the dealer. I inquired about the history of the car and why the stripes were removed with a seemingly very knowledgeable sales person, and he had said that the dealer decided to remove the stripes due to them fading and looking bad. They thought that maybe the reason why it wasn't selling was because of that. In my honest opinion, it isn't a bad car for someone to fix up and maybe use as a daily driver, for the right price though. I think that maybe the price may be a bit high, in comparison to others with less miles, better condition, and of course stripes, for close to the same price. But on the other hand, and being a Shelby owner myself, I always hope for higher values, even if I don't ever plan on selling my Shelby. 

CSSHELBYKID

19 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Can you get the repair / service info from Hertz?

100% absolutely not. Hertz lawyers are fanatical about not sharing even oil changes with the retail buyer. Yes there have been a GTH or two with some service documents but that is extremely rare.

Hertz will not supply their internal service records even to Shelby American. I suspect mot major rental car companies have the same policy, no real upside for them but certainly a downside for them in a lawsuit.

Steven 

10 hours ago, CSSHELBYKID said:

I've also seen this car in person. Car is not too bad but, I will say that it does show its signs of being a prior rental. It did appear that much of the drivers side had been repainted in its past, but did not look fresh enough to have been done by the dealer. I inquired about the history of the car and why the stripes were removed with a seemingly very knowledgeable sales person, and he had said that the dealer decided to remove the stripes due to them fading and looking bad. They thought that maybe the reason why it wasn't selling was because of that. In my honest opinion, it isn't a bad car for someone to fix up and maybe use as a daily driver, for the right price though. I think that maybe the price may be a bit high, in comparison to others with less miles, better condition, and of course stripes, for close to the same price. But on the other hand, and being a Shelby owner myself, I always hope for higher values, even if I don't ever plan on selling my Shelby. 

CSSHELBYKID

I checked SAI records and can not find any signs of replacement stripes being purchased for this GTH which means if the drivers side shows signs of repaint the repaint happened after the OEM stripes were removed.

I suspect the car lot contacted a local Ford dealer and was told there are no gold stripes listed for a 2016 "GT350" so the car lot then removed the remainder of the stripes after the drivers side repaint.

If I recall correctly HertizII  originally saw this car for sale with stripes then one day the car  suddenly disappeared with the sales lot saying they don't know where the car is at. Now the car just as suddenly reappears at the same sales lot but missing stripes and according to CSSSK the vehicle appears to now have paint work.

I myself would certainly conclude the sales lot is not telling all they know, could be wrong but this GTH would need a thorough inspection along with a price adjustment before I would recommend it to someone.

Steven

4 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

I checked SAI records and can not find any signs of replacement stripes being purchased for this GTH which means if the drivers side shows signs of repaint the repaint happened after the OEM stripes were removed.

I suspect the car lot contacted a local Ford dealer and was told there are no gold stripes listed for a 2016 "GT350" so the car lot then removed the remainder of the stripes after the drivers side repaint.

If I recall correctly HertizII  originally saw this car for sale with stripes then one day the car  suddenly disappeared with the sales lot saying they don't know where the car is at. Now the car just as suddenly reappears at the same sales lot but missing stripes and according to CSSSK the vehicle appears to now have paint work.

I myself would certainly conclude the sales lot is not telling all they know, could be wrong but this GTH would need a thorough inspection along with a price adjustment before I would recommend it to someone.

Steven

When I looked at the car, you could actually see and feel where they had repainted the side of the car down to the top of the drivers side side stripes. It appeared that they simply taped it off at the top of the side stripe and since the stripes were removed, there was a noticeable ridge. I also noticed that the side GT-H medallion embellem was not removed when the car was repainted as well. Some over spray and a tape line around it. 

So, from what I saw it appeared that the car was repainted prior to the stripes being removed. 

In regards to why the car seemed to be missing from the lot, it may have been due to fact that the dealer group “Cardinalle” is quite large and they have many dealerships in the same autorow. It may have been moved. I saw two Craigslist ads for the vehicle in the past. One for Cardinalle GMC and one at Cardinalle Nissan if I recall correctly. But who knows what the true reason why they removed the stripes or why it was repainted. Hope it goes to a good home.

CSSHELBYKID

10 minutes ago, CSSHELBYKID said:

When I looked at the car, you could actually see and feel where they had repainted the side of the car down to the top of the drivers side side stripes. It appeared that they simply taped it off at the top of the side stripe and since the stripes were removed, there was a noticeable ridge. I also noticed that the side GT-H medallion embellem was not removed when the car was repainted as well. Some over spray and a tape line around it. 

That makes me even more skeptical on the quality of the repair. Perhaps the stripes had so much paint over-spray on them that it made the repair stand out even more, just a thought.

Yes Cardindale appears to have several dealerships under their belt along with Yelp & BBB ratings that portray a scenario I myself would not consider. Others may feel differently and sooner or later the car will find a buyer, just hope that buyer does their due diligence before writing the check.

Steven 

Just look at the damage on the front splitter.

My car has a damaged front splitter,  too, thanks to Hertz renting the car to people who parked by braille.

My stripes were a mess as well, apparently they (Hertz) after washing the car and then leaving out in the sun so the hard water spots were indelibly imprinted into my stripes.

Luckily, I called Shelby and ordered new stripes that are sitting in a box waiting to be installed.

Am going to replace the splitter, but not with the expensive carbon fiber one from Shelby.