TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Reflections!

69deluxe

It's been 6 months and 1500 miles since my last detailing. This weekend I decided to clean her up again. I started with washing & drying the night before. The next day at 12pm, I clayed the entire car which took about 2h and a half a bottle of Griot's Speed Shine. I keep a clean car but was still amazed at what the clay was picking up. Afterwards the paint was smooth as silk. I washed and dried it again to remove any clay and spray residues. It looked so good that I didn't think I could improve. Wrong! Over the next 6 hours I put three coats of Zaino Z2 w/ZFX and using Z6 Gloss Enhancer between each coat per the directions. This just brought the car to another level!! It always amazes me how much shine you can get with this stuff. Like going from standard TV to HDTV! :dreamy:

I wasn't finished. I decided to put 2 coats of Meguires Gold Class wax on top for an added layer of protection. As a final step, I used Mother's California Gold detailing spray. Now after a total of 18hours of total work, 5 beers, and 6 Pepsi's, I'm finished. I even got the door jambs as well. This car is clean! So clean that it was difficult to put the cover on it because it kept wanting to slide off the car. :hysterical2:

I honestly think I can do this once per year since this isn't my daily driver. This procedure is not for the faint of heart. It is a tiring and laborious process, but the results are amazing! Please consult a physician before attempting. :hysterical:

Here are some reflections from the end product. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

The snake indicates it's home. Behind the closed door is the 69 'vert.

Can you spot the truck passing by?

And check out these videos...watch for the other cars.

th_2da7ce97.jpgth_e70caa8d.jpg

So, what is your detailing procedure? And post some pics of the finished product!

69deluxe, you're a Very Sick Man...., now with stiff fingers, a sore wrist, an aching bicep, a strained tricep and a torn rotator cuff!! But..., all worth it!!! She looks Incredible :yup:

:beerchug:

LOL :hysterical2::hysterical2:

There's some truth to that though. I went over this car from bumper to bumper a total of 10 times. I am sore and need a nap. sleeping.gif

Somebody on here posted about Eagle One's Wax As-U-Dry. I'll take mine to the local car wash, use the pressure wand, and then towel dry it using the Wax As-U-Dry. I think the results are pretty amazing for no more time than it takes.

I'm sure your results are better than what I get, but to me the time and effort is not worth it.

I went over this car from bumper to bumper a total of 10 times. I am sore and need a nap. sleeping.gif

Ok, I'll be over with my car (also red) after your nap so you can do the same thing all over again!

How does that sound? :yup: I'll buy you a beer! :party:

In all honesty... what is the best way to remove the tape adhessive on the rims... and what are they for anyways

Acetone...aka nail polish remover. Don't get it on paint though. You don't need much, a little goes a long way.

I have no idea what they are for..probably to show it passed some quality inspection.

Dave

Acetone...aka nail polish remover. Don't get it on paint though. You don't need much, a little goes a long way.

I have no idea what they are for..probably to show it passed some quality inspection.

Dave

The nail polish doesnt harm the wheel in any way? or the tire if it accidentally gets on the rubber?

The nail polish doesnt harm the wheel in any way? or the tire if it accidentally gets on the rubber?

No. Although you may want to wash the area with soap/water afterwards. It will make black come off the tire...but so will wiping a rag across it. I've used it on wheels 100 times. I had car that had brushed aluminum wheels shipped from across the ocean. It had cosmoline on the wheels to prevent corrosion from sea salt on the trip. The dealership removed the cosmoline with acetone.

Dave

A Magic Eraser for wheels and tires should be available in the detail supplies of your local car parts store. This works well to remove the tape adhesive on the wheels. I used it and though it takes a little effort, it did the trick pretty quick.

In all honesty... what is the best way to remove the tape adhessive on the rims... and what are they for anyways

GRABBER told me to use WD 40, which I did, and it worked great! Just a little elbow grease with a rag and it polished right off and didn't have to worry about it hurting the fininsh.

The wheels are clear-coated. I've used some goo gone on them once and some kerosine (for tar). And I always put back a couple coats of ICE paste when finished.

You need to clean the tape adhesive off your rims now. :hysterical:

I'm going to leave them on! In 40 years when these cars are attracting big $$$, I'll have the only rims with OEM adhesive. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You'll see! You'll be studying these photos to duplicate the look. nana.gif

post-6385-1185283115_thumb.jpg Now that is one heck of a shine if I say so myself. :hysterical: The only reason I didn't go with Zaino is I hate to buy anything and pay shipping. Why isn't Zaino available at auto part stores? I will stay with Meguiars now that I have seen how good their product is.

post-6385-1185283115_thumb.jpg

Somebody on here posted about Eagle One's Wax As-U-Dry. I'll take mine to the local car wash, use the pressure wand, and then towel dry it using the Wax As-U-Dry. I think the results are pretty amazing for no more time than it takes.

I'm sure your results are better than what I get, but to me the time and effort is not worth it.

I use the Was As U Dry as well and love it. Great shine for little effort. The shine from the Zaino kit may be tremendous but I don't know if I want to spend that mnuch time away from the family and my wife seems resistent to help me. :hysterical:

I also like the ICE products from Turtle Wax, they are tremendous.

CB

Archived