TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Changes to Scheduled Orders can be made!

tervin

Hello Group,

I ordered my black with alloy Stripes 2008 Shelby 500 Coupe and it was accepted on 4-19-07. Received my serial number and scheduled build date of 08/06/07 on 07/18 07 but decided the color must be changed......can't stand the black with alloy......after seeing one.

Called my dealer and he got the color changed and confirmed but the change must go through special channels after a schedule date has been locked. I have heard form many sources you can't make changes after the Scheduled Date........BULL :censored:

Red with White Stripe Shelby still scheduled for the week of 08/06/07!!! :happy feet:

MSRP Shelby SOON!!!! Tom

Hello Group,

I ordered my black with alloy Stripes 2008 Shelby 500 Coupe and it was accepted on 4-19-07. Received my serial number and scheduled build date of 08/06/07 on 07/18 07 but decided the color must be changed......can't stand the black with alloy......after seeing one.

Called my dealer and he got the color changed and confirmed but the change must go through special channels after a schedule date has been locked. I have heard form many sources you can't make changes after the Scheduled Date........BULL :censored:

Red with White Stripe Shelby still scheduled for the week of 08/06/07!!! :happy feet:

MSRP Shelby SOON!!!! Tom

I made some changes after mine was Submitted also.

Did you see a black/alloy coupe?

Was it in person or a pic?

After seeing the vert with that color scheme, I think I might like the stealth look of the alloy stripes. I'd like to see it on a coupe.

Oh well, does not matter. I'm not going to change it now. Mine should be built within one and a half to two weeks.

I made some changes after mine was Submitted also.

Did you see a black/alloy coupe?

Was it in person or a pic?

After seeing the vert with that color scheme, I think I might like the stealth look of the alloy stripes. I'd like to see it on a coupe.

Oh well, does not matter. I'm not going to change it now. Mine should be built within one and a half to two weeks.

I saw a coupe in the flesh. I didn't like the way the stripes pretty much become invisable in low light but was surprised how they jump out in the sun. I think deep down inside I wasn't up to the upkeep of another black car. Too lazy in my old age I guess.... but you will probably love it.

The real reason for this post was to alert everyone that dispite other comments from time to time you can make changes to your order even if it has been scheduled.

• 3 weeks later...
I saw a coupe in the flesh. I didn't like the way the stripes pretty much become invisable in low light but was surprised how they jump out in the sun. I think deep down inside I wasn't up to the upkeep of another black car. Too lazy in my old age I guess.... but you will probably love it.

The real reason for this post was to alert everyone that dispite other comments from time to time you can make changes to your order even if it has been scheduled.

One problem with changing my color after the Scheduled Date of 8/6/07 has just bit me. :banghead: My Scheduled Build was just backed up to the week of 7/20/07!

Just thought I would let everyone know what can happen. I didn't want to leave the impression that late changes won't cause you some "Heart Burn!" :finger:

One problem with changing my color after the Scheduled Date of 8/6/07 has just bit me. :banghead: My Scheduled Build was just backed up to the week of 7/20/07!

Just thought I would let everyone know what can happen. I didn't want to leave the impression that late changes won't cause you some "Heart Burn!" :finger:

Not too sure the changes made that happen. The plant was down for a week recently and that moved some cars back. Besides, I would rather wait an extra week or two and get what I really wanted.

Archived