TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad day in Houston

moabman

Better check your irony and subtlety at the door compadre :hysterical2:

Irony? Subtlety? I have no earthly idea what you could be talking about amigo. :confused:

Moabman: I just realized that I had forgotten to actually comment on the topic at hand.. Glad the wife wasn't hurt, and I certainly hope the theifs get what they deserve in the end. We Texans don't put up with thieves kindly. I say do it realllllly old-school; once you find 'em, get a rope!

Oh, and for our viewers keeping track at home, that's 9. 9 posts. Ha ha ha ha... </sesamestreetcount>

Unfortunatly we are all glued to our TV and think the local PD is going to home in to the frequency of the cell phone. This is possible, but a myth as far as a theft whether it be a grand theft or just a theft in most cases . TV has us thinking too far into the future as to what the local PD's can afford. The best an officer could do under the situation is to broadcat a description and that is not very helpful unless another officer is lucky or good and recognizes the culprit. At least she wasn't hurt, and always be ready for this kind of attack. It is becoming more prominant.

I understand about the cell phone 500hp. However, she also got the license and I think they would at least run a check to see if it was reported stolen and if not, investigate the registration. I would hope that they would follow this up, not for the stolen goods - we are fortunate and can replace those - but for the protection of society. These were probably addicts with a violent streak (the womens face was already bruised according to my wife) but I'm predicting that this will be put on the back burner until they do hurt someone.

This happened once before. My parents were robbed at gun point in another part of town 20 years ago. The investigating officer wouldn't even take fingerprints and his excuse was that this was called in as a burglary. My dad swears that he told the 911 operator that they had been robbed at gun point. Dad noticed that they did not wear gloves and mentally noted where they touched. He told this to the officer who refused (said it wasn't needed) to call someone out to lift the prints. These were break in criminals who would hang around stores and spot victims, follow them home, then break-in and rob them. Unfortunately, they killed someone about 3 months later during a similar robbery and were then caught soon after.

If I was a relative of the victim, I wouldn't be happy if I knew how lightly the police had treated the previous crimes.

Irony? Subtlety? I have no earthly idea what you could be talking about amigo. :confused:

Moabman: I just realized that I had forgotten to actually comment on the topic at hand.. Glad the wife wasn't hurt, and I certainly hope the theifs get what they deserve in the end. We Texans don't put up with thieves kindly. I say do it realllllly old-school; once you find 'em, get a rope!

Oh, and for our viewers keeping track at home, that's 9. 9 posts. Ha ha ha ha... </sesamestreetcount>

Subtle? Me thinks not :hysterical2:

If you're buddies with a cop, or maybe you have a friend that has a friend that's a cop, maybe he can run the plate for you on the side?

Man, that burns my ass just thinking about it. I have special bullets loaded in my Sig for just such an occassion, They're essentially the same as those illegal ones, but they are not armor piercing (hence these are legal). They make a very pretty jagged star pattern upon impact. I wish I could've tested them out on that sh*tbag.

glad the wife is ok though.

Archived