TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Las Vegas 2019

twobjshelbys

My car and my picture made front cover of the catalog!

It is not the same image as my avatar. The avatar photo was taken just as the sun was coming up, the cover taken about 10 minutes later, and after about 20 other shots, I just happened to land in the same spot. 

20191001_102600-756x1008.jpg

Edited by twobjshelbys

Watched the 2006 Shelby GT  Barrett Jackson Convertible Mustang on the BJ Auction sell for $29,000.   That seems like  a pretty good price.  I will look up the vehicle and see how many miles it had on it.  I love watching the BJ Auction on TV.    Well what's the next vehicle your going to buy.  While I love my Shelby,  I end up spending most of my driving time in my 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 4X4.   I have come to like my creature comforts as I get older/retired.

Just my thoughts.   Regards...………. GG

Lot 438 Shelby GT Barrett Jackson Edition, 31,900 (*)

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2008-FORD-SHELBY-GT-BARRETT-JACKSON-EDITION-234022

Lot 269 White Shelby GT (In the wrapper, 186 miles) $30,800 (*)

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2007-FORD-SHELBY-GT-234280

(*) Includes 10% buyers premium

So did we.  They won't give you a number before, but I managed to get him to say just before they auctioneer started that they  expected the '17 pairing and bracketing with the Ferraris that 450K would be the low bogey (that was my original reserve request).  So it was as much a shock to them as me.  From reviewing the Motor Trend (which they cut in late blabbering about the 17 and setting the market for the NGT) it looked like there were only two bidders - one phone and one sky box.  The phone bidder dropped out (he was probably a bottom feeder dealer, I can guess at a few) leaving the on-site guy the only one.

The fact that the red one went for more or less market for the red cars says that the audience simply wasn't present for the Heritage.

It is what it is...

Edited by twobjshelbys

I went to the Barrett Jackson auction in Las Vegas on Saturday. As usual, there were some high prices on some of the top line cars. A new Ford GT sold for 1,400,000.00. There were several 2005 - 2006 Ford GTs that sold for 280,000.00 to 295,000.00. A beautiful 1957 Bel Air convertible sold at 155,000.00.

I saw a 2007 Shelby GT (white) with 180 miles on it sell for 28,000.00. This car still had the window stickers in place and plastic on the seats. In the sold car area, there was a 2008 Shelby GT convertible (Barrett Jackson Edition) with 156 miles on it that had sold for 29,000.00. All of the above referenced prices were before the 10 percent buyers premium. I would have guessed a little better pricing on the “new” Shelby GTs, but both were both cars sold for close to the same money, so I guess that was market price at this sale. 

Im going to the Mecum sale in Las Vegas this coming weekend. It will be interesting to see if any Shelby GTs are offered there.

Kevin