TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are you getting a Super Snake?

Ok, seems like there are lots of folks that are amped up to get the Super Snake and if I had a GT500 already AND another $30k to do the Super Sanke I would be all over it.

My thing is I'm trying to justify the $30k. I have to say that I LOVE the look of the Super Snake and the mods seem to be pretty comprehensive (I would get the 600 HP) but then I start to question whether looks and cool mods are worth $30k. Down the road you will probably be able to get some kind of clone kit for the looks (less the badging I suspect) but that almost seems like cheating. I probably will want to race the car some but not every weekend or anything.

My GT500 will be a cruising car and occasional racer. Am I nuts for considering the Super Snake without having lots of racing in mind? Am I nuts for considering the Super Snake and even thinking about doing something crazy like racing it?

Ultimately the decision will be mine but I'm curious, what's your reason for getting the Super Snake.

Ok, seems like there are lots of folks that are amped up to get the Super Snake and if I had a GT500 already AND another $30k to do the Super Sanke I would be all over it.

My thing is I'm trying to justify the $30k. I have to say that I LOVE the look of the Super Snake and the mods seem to be pretty comprehensive (I would get the 600 HP) but then I start to question whether looks and cool mods are worth $30k. Down the road you will probably be able to get some kind of clone kit for the looks (less the badging I suspect) but that almost seems like cheating. I probably will want to race the car some but not every weekend or anything.

My GT500 will be a cruising car and occasional racer. Am I nuts for considering the Super Snake without having lots of racing in mind? Am I nuts for considering the Super Snake and even thinking about doing something crazy like racing it?

Ultimately the decision will be mine but I'm curious, what's your reason for getting the Super Snake.

30k is alot of money. I am on the list but i do not think i will move forward when the time comes to put down a deposit. I do not need the additional HP so I will look into getting the scoops and hood on my own. Everthing will be available to purchase with the exception of the badging.

Good luck and keep me posted.

No SS, but sent in my deposit for the 40th. Going with performance mods with the big HP, gears, quick shift linkage and maybe breaks, haven't decided on that one yet, so will be close to big SS performance and there will be a lot less of them. I prefer the look of the 40th to SS, personal opinion.

I am with you on this. To pay for the SS and put down $30K is almost double the cost of the car. I think the mods already available will allow great HP potential, heck for less than a grand you can add almost 100HP to the car in minutes. The hood and such, easy after market stuff. As can be seen, they are already changing much of what you get with the SS. The 40th, same thing, almost all can be had and done for cheaper. I guess it is all about what you want, what you can do yourself, and how much money you can toss at the car. I think the car looks great as is, already rare for the most part, and many mods already out there. In the next couple years all this stuff and more will be out there. However, if you are looking to collect the car, maybe the 40th is worth it, if you want to mothball the car. Just my 2 cents.

It was a tough choice between the 40th and the SS, but after seeing both in person at SAI my mind was set. I put my 10k deposit down for the 700+ hp SS. The hood and SS wheels made the difference for me. If at all possible, make the trip to SAI and see both for your self.

It was a tough choice between the 40th and the SS, but after seeing both in person at SAI my mind was set. I put my 10k deposit down for the 700+ hp SS. The hood and SS wheels made the difference for me. If at all possible, make the trip to SAI and see both for your self.

Ok...why? What are you going to be doing with the car? Racing...cruising...mothballing...daily driver? Why are you prepared to put down $30k for the SS?

Not trying to dig at you or say that you have to justify your decision, I am just curious what is motivating others. Maybe I'm looking for some moral support on my desire to get the SS. Again, I wou8ld be just cruising and occasional racing. I LOVE the look of the car and I figure if I were going to go do the cosmetic changes and mods myself it's going to be about $20k anyways, so why not get the real thing for an additional $10k...that's my thought anyway.

Ok...why? What are you going to be doing with the car? Racing...cruising...mothballing...daily driver? Why are you prepared to put down $30k for the SS?

Not trying to dig at you or say that you have to justify your decision, I am just curious what is motivating others. Maybe I'm looking for some moral support on my desire to get the SS. Again, I wou8ld be just cruising and occasional racing. I LOVE the look of the car and I figure if I were going to go do the cosmetic changes and mods myself it's going to be about $20k anyways, so why not get the real thing for an additional $10k...that's my thought anyway.

I will be using the SS just as you stated. Cruising and occasional racing.

I will be using the SS just as you stated. Cruising and occasional racing.

I guess I am perplexed then. Must just have money to burn. No disrespect, but at 500HP you already have more HP than you need for a daily driver. At 40-50K for the original price, then to slap 30K more into, to have a daily diver near 80K? Maybe it is just me, but for the 700HP, you can do it much cheaper, and for the outside mods, they are changing daily, so build as you go. But I guess I can't get passed anyone wanting to spend the 30K and drive it daily. At that price I would have to mothball it and hope for it to appreciate in value somewhat, and even that is not a perfect or worthy investment. Again, just my 2 cents worth and everyone has an opinion, but I think I could find better use for 30k somewhere in my retirement portfolio! :banghead:

I guess I am perplexed then. Must just have money to burn. No disrespect, but at 500HP you already have more HP than you need for a daily driver. At 40-50K for the original price, then to slap 30K more into, to have a daily diver near 80K? Maybe it is just me, but for the 700HP, you can do it much cheaper, and for the outside mods, they are changing daily, so build as you go. But I guess I can't get passed anyone wanting to spend the 30K and drive it daily. At that price I would have to mothball it and hope for it to appreciate in value somewhat, and even that is not a perfect or worthy investment. Again, just my 2 cents worth and everyone has an opinion, but I think I could find better use for 30k somewhere in my retirement portfolio! :banghead:

You have some great points. Some I have thought about before pulling the 80k trigger. It's not intended for daily use and certainly not for investment purposes. It's to enjoy in whatever way you choose. For me, it's fun to drive and great to just look at. It has also become another way to connect with my teenage son. That alone makes it priceless.

There's alot more too the pkg, then 700hp! And its comparativly priced, part for part. Installing yourself could save money. I say, u only live life once, and if u have the money and want to, than GO FOR IT! If not, then a stock or slighty modded stang is cool too. Its like a menu,...order what ur taste and bank account allow you. If not, then another option is, as u said, u could always watch ur retirement portfolio as u grow old and read about them in the magazine. :shades:

You have some great points. Some I have thought about before pulling the 80k trigger. It's not intended for daily use and certainly not for investment purposes. It's to enjoy in whatever way you choose. For me, it's fun to drive and great to just look at. It has also become another way to connect with my teenage son. That alone makes it priceless.

You just gave me the best reason so far "connecting with your teenage son". That is priceless... I have three girls and the base car alone will make them crazy, but again your reason thus far takes the prize. Good for you and I hope it brings you more in sharing that experience than any wealth the money could! :happy feet:

You just gave me the best reason so far "connecting with your teenage son". That is priceless... I have three girls and the base car alone will make them crazy, but again your reason thus far takes the prize. Good for you and I hope it brings you more in sharing that experience than any wealth the money could! :happy feet:

Thanks. Three girls and a Ebony/Alloy convertible. You've been blessed.

I love the whine of the blower. That's it.

Okayokayokay......I love the way it looks. And the rarity factor (for me, not for investment).

It's unusual, it's scary-fast, and it looks siiick.

We also have 2 Shelby fanatics boys (4 & 6 yrs old). I mean, these kids are good!

They can identify alot of the Shelbys (Cobra, SuperSnake, GT500, etc) as well as "other" brands...and they love the Shelbys...

-Could be the stripes & scoops.

-Could be parental influence :hysterical:

So that helps, too.

-My wife loves it too. She's a great driver to boot. So that helps...

-Oh, yeah.....did I mention that blower :headspin: whine??? Mad Max will have nothing on me!

Will it be a daily driver? No.

Will it be a museum piece? NO WAY!!! This car will be driven!!! :happy feet:

I love the whine of the blower. That's it.

Okayokayokay......I love the way it looks. And the rarity factor (for me, not for investment).

It's unusual, it's scary-fast, and it looks siiick.

We also have 2 Shelby fanatics boys (4 & 6 yrs old). I mean, these kids are good!

They can identify alot of the Shelbys (Cobra, SuperSnake, GT500, etc) as well as "other" brands...and they love the Shelbys...

-Could be the stripes & scoops.

-Could be parental influence :hysterical:

So that helps, too.

-My wife loves it too. She's a great driver to boot. So that helps...

-Oh, yeah.....did I mention that blower :headspin: whine??? Mad Max will have nothing on me!

Will it be a daily driver? No.

Will it be a museum piece? NO WAY!!! This car will be driven!!! :happy feet:

Ok...so I'm not crazy.

Crispy, your reasons are very close to mine. I am initially attracted by the look...I mean it's everything I love about the GT500 and then it's dolled up some more. :wub: After the great looks I start to get into those incredible mods and really get excited about the package :happy feet:

My SS would never be a daily driver...heck even without the SS package I would not have my GT500 as a daily driver. Just cruisin', occassional racing and soaking up the looks when I drive by in something that will be truly rare

ok...gotta go run and buy a lotto ticket, cause I ain't got $30k burning a whole in my pocket...wait...I gotta get my GT500 first...this lotto thing better work :hysterical2:

Ok...so I'm not crazy.

I am on the list for a Super Snake. If/when it arrives I want to guarantee you I will drive it EVERY SINGLE DAY! - rain or shine. My only worry is that I will never be able to shake any guilt I would feel if my son gets hurt trying to handle all that horsepower after I give him the car. So , I am already telling him now, at the age of 12, that he will only ever be given the Shelby if he drives safe. Do as I say, not as I do?

Archived