TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stent's Car At The Dealer

stentgraft95

Well folks

Last night I finally e-mailed my salesman and asked and pleaded "could he please get a status as to why the car is taking so long to ship (Ramp Clearance 6/16)". I also called Ford Customer Service this morning and she told me the car was sceduled to arrive at my dealership in Southern Indiana 7/29. Wow still so far away but at least a date. Tonight I get home to check the e-mail and he (my salesman) replyed Allied Transport called this morning and said the car was to be there today. It's like "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing".

After reading the salesmans reply I promptly called him and he said the car arrived at the dealership, and it was very dirty from sitting in the release lot for several weeks. The car was shipped in an enclosed trailer like he told me it would be. Makes us feel special about our car but it's a small dealership and he said all 3 of the GT500's plus the one Ford GT they've sold to date were shipped enclosed. Anyway, small dealership, privately owned, minimal service department on Saturday, the car arrived after service department closed and they said they still have to go through and check the car; translation: no car till Monday. We're okay with that here in the Stent household so we'll wait a couple more days as we're in a much better position then we were last night.

Many, many thanks to ShelbyDude and Grabber for the information they were able to provide me along the way and for them letting me annoy them with my woes.

Not much longer now and I'll keep the forum posted, This must be the last 07 to ship, LOL

Stent

I still do not know why it took allied transport so long to complete the transaction. Ford takes a loss on this because they could of had your money 6 weeks ago when I located your vehicle. It's too bad for you and them....but all will be forgotten Monday when you get in it and go for a drive and kick in the SC and make it do this:

th_ab967db8.jpg

Awesome news Stent, Congrats! Hope to see you again, but his time with your ride at a local car show! :beerchug:

:party2: :party2: :party2:

Well I was informed Saturday the car has a dent in the rear fender behind the drivers side tire. The salesman said it looked like sombeody's butt made the indention while leaning against the car. figures. I have no idea how big it is or exactly where behind the rear tire. He asked what I wanted to do about it and I said I wanted it addressed. He did say it wasn't creesed so it sounds like it may be minor, I hope it pops out. Like others on this forum have told me; to all people involved this car is nothing more than another car. Only to us is it a big deal. Can you imagine somebody leaning agains it while it's waiting to be shipped all the while they're talking about the girl they picked up last night in the bar?

Unbelivable

Stent

Well I was informed Saturday the car has a dent in the rear fender behind the drivers side tire. The salesman said it looked like sombeody's butt made the indention while leaning against the car. figures. I have no idea how big it is or exactly where behind the rear tire. He asked what I wanted to do about it and I said I wanted it addressed. He did say it wasn't creesed so it sounds like it may be minor, I hope it pops out. Like others on this forum have told me; to all people involved this car is nothing more than another car. Only to us is it a big deal. Can you imagine somebody leaning agains it while it's waiting to be shipped all the while they're talking about the girl they picked up last night in the bar?

Unbelivable

Stent

:censored:

That sucks Stent! I hope it's not too bad. If it's not creesed then you might be able to pop it out just fine. I know Jbhoffman had a similar issue and it was fixed painlessly. All that waiting and then you find you've got damaged goods... :banghead:

Let us know how you make out. Good luck!!

:censored:

That sucks Stent! I hope it's not too bad. If it's not creesed then you might be able to pop it out just fine. I know Jbhoffman had a similar issue and it was fixed painlessly. All that waiting and then you find you've got damaged goods... :banghead:

Let us know how you make out. Good luck!!

Thanks for the support

I will keep the forum posted and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who had a dent upon delivery. I know other peeps have had different issues, chin spoilers, torn stripes.

It's totally unbelievable to think I've waited more than 2 years, then a delay in shipping, then it arrives with a dent. What could happen next?

Unbelivable

Stent

Congratulations on your car's arrival; sorry to hear about the dent--mine came with a scratch and "a scuff" and like you I couldn't *%#*&^ believe it!

CC

Stent,

I'm happy your car has arrived and sad it arrived with a dent.

Good thing there is no crease, it should pop out.

Either way I'm sure the dealer will make it right.

Black with Red stripes is by far the best color combo.

I'm looking foreword to seeing it at the next car show.

Congratulations, :camera::camera::camera:

Alan

Stent,

I'm happy your car has arrived and sad it arrived with a dent.

Good thing there is no crease, it should pop out.

Either way I'm sure the dealer will make it right.

Black with Red stripes is by far the best color combo.

I'm looking foreword to seeing it at the next car show.

Congratulations, :camera::camera::camera:

Alan

Thanks Alan

Yea we're happy about it it but it seems the venture continues! No rest till it's setting in our garage and we're defenetly looking forward to the next local car show and seeing the othe locals, like you, 69 Deluxe, and Alloy Dave

Gregg

Make sure you inspect that car at length before taking her home!

Yep, we're planning on going over it with a fine tooth comb. Something doesn't seem right. They told me yesterdeay that they have to replace the stripes over the top as something on them wouldn't clean up for some reason. I wonder what happened to that car????

Yep, we're planning on going over it with a fine tooth comb. Something doesn't seem right. They told me yesterdeay that they have to replace the stripes over the top as something on them wouldn't clean up for some reason. I wonder what happened to that car????

Hey stentgraft...I'm excited for you...I just picked mine up only 2 weeks ago and did the same before

I brought her home. Lookingover everything , inside and out, is real good is great advice. Make certain you are happy. Send Pics. :happy feet:

ItalianStallion

What could have chewed up your rims,

I think someone turned the wheels while it was either being loaded on or off the train. The side of the front rim has some gouges/dents like it was smashed into something sharp/metal.

Archived