TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2020 GT 500 on Ebay

David Hawkins

Hate to say it but I think the new Vette (at the same price) may pull some folks away from the GT500. 

Comfortable that this dealer will be putting birthday candles on the hood next year at this time as this +$30,000 over MSRP will still be in his inventory. 

11 hours ago, springer said:

Do these dealers really think there are that many morons willing to spend $140,000 on a car that retails for what...$90,000?

Yes they do because buyers pay them.

There is a reason you receive spam emails and robocall telephone calls, because many people are easily manipulated. If people didn't reply to spam emails, if people didn't answer robocalls, if people didn't pay dealership ADM's................ guess what they would all go away.

I don't agree with ADM's but its just the way it is until buyers stop paying them.

45 minutes ago, SAI-Steven said:

Yes they do because buyers pay them.

There is a reason you receive spam emails and robocall telephone calls, because many people are easily manipulated. If people didn't reply to spam emails, if people didn't answer robocalls, if people didn't pay dealership ADM's................ guess what they would all go away.

I don't agree with ADM's but its just the way it is until buyers stop paying them.

Nailed it.  All of those things exist because someone is gullible enough to fall for it.  It's just like PT Barnum said.

4 minutes ago, Secondo said:

Market value. The car hasn't even been released yet or was just released so the price will be at its highest now due to high demand and none to low quantity of the car to fill that demand. Complaining about ADM's at this point is absolutely pointless. 

Complaining about them isn't pointless.  Paying them is.

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Complaining about them isn't pointless.  Paying them is.

+1 I'd rather complain than pay them, too. Just wait for the demand to be filled and the prices will come down. Buy an unmoddable locked ECU C8 Vette in the meantime until the real car is released. 

Edited by Secondo