TEAM SHELBY FORUM

John Clor Video on Takata Airbag Recall

SAI-Steven

1 hour ago, palacekeeper said:

Quick question on the 13-14 airbag replacement for the driver's side. In the video, he states that it's only 2 bolts and he shows the the back of the steering wheel cover that has been removed. He then mentions that for the 13-14 models, the whole airbag is replaced, but he doesn't show that, nor does he mention what additional steps are involved for the 13-14 (such as what else might need to be removed), if there are any.

Can anyone clarify what exactly is needed for the driver's side on the 13-14? Is it still just 2 bolts or are there other steps needed to replace the whole air bag? My '13 is a garage queen at the moment (for the winter weather) so I'm looking into this on the off season.

Thanks!

Here is a video that shows a 2013 Mustang airbag replacement. It may answer your questions. Good Luck.

On 2/20/2020 at 12:26 PM, mhr1961 said:

Here is a video that shows a 2013 Mustang airbag replacement. It may answer your questions. Good Luck.

Thanks! Seems pretty straightforward - provided that they order the correct one that has the proper Cobra logo :-). Hopefully there is a little better way to remove the plastic bolt covers than with a screwdriver prying by the edge. I can see that scratching something pretty easily.