TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker1000 Question - Just got mine delivered!!

tomi.omni

Hi There,

some days back I got my GT500 (red) delivered, great drive it really is fun. Have the feeling its sometimes a bit sluggish (relativly speaken), but that might be due to the heat overhere (I presently live in Dubai with 47 Degree Centigrade during the day - about 115 F and the car still needs to "loosen" up - just have around 200 km on the odo. Anyway that not my question ...

.. as these cars get imported from the US, they have a US spec Shaker 1000 installed, sadly in US spec, only uneven radio frequencies are scanned - e.g. 106,3 - 106,5 - 106,7 etc... overhere and also in Europe, many stations are on the even frequecies e.g. 106,6

Any idea if this can be programmed or modified? cannot believe that Ford installes different hardware into the cars there should be a software switch possible? My dealer could not help me. They sell alot regular Mustangs, which come with full frequency band. (dont want to buy a new Shaker 1000 headunit)!

Any hints,

Tom

Dubai, holy cr*p! How long did that take to order and arrive? What was your ADM or price on that?

As for the Shaker issues, you might be best off calling customer service direct or contact the dealership and ask to speak with the Ford Rep Manager. Someone at Ford should be something to fix this as if they sell them there and take your money, surely then need to make sure the options sold work in your environment. Wish you luck!

WOW, dubai... thats a ways away... great to see that these cars get attention all across the world! As far as the car being sluggish, with 115 der farenheit temperatures... the stock roots type blower is going to experience heat soak MIGHTY fast which will rob you of power. If your into modding the car go with a twin screw type blower, they get better thermal efficiency and you'll get some more HP outa that pony :yahoo: . Now as for the radio im not sure but there are alot of knowledgable people on this board so im sure you will get your question answered sooner than later!

Hi Guys,

thanks for the message, actually I was lucky, normaly delivery times are approx. 6 month (if avaliable), my dealer orders always batches of 20 units (coupes only) pre-equipped. Luckily one guy jumped off just before I took the decision to buy it, therefore my car was already on the ship and it took just around 5 weeks to arrive. So happy short waiting for me.

The price (official and addons are not allowed) overhere is AED 200.000,- for a pre-equiped car with some few extras e.g. the Shaker 1000. The USD/AED exchangerate is fixed at 3,75 making it around 53.000 USD, which includes importduty of 5%, service contract 3/60.000 incl. all wear parts (w/o tires), registration and an excellent service. Feel its a good (lets call it fair) deal to get the car with guarantee on the other side of the world.

Hope to get some feedback from the Shaker Pros.

Tom

tomi.omni,

I have not heard alot of positive feedback on the Shaker 1000. You may want to consider what many people have done and that is to spend about $1500 on a good combination stereo,cd,navagation,and dvd player. I know Pig who is on this forum installed his own and it is nice!

How about a picture of your car in front of that beautiful new Hotel or Ski resort in the middle of the desert? Are the roads good in that part of the world where you can open her up. Do the enforcement officials have anything that can catch you?

Mark

tomi.omni,

I have not heard alot of positive feedback on the Shaker 1000. You may want to consider what many people have done and that is to spend about $1500 on a good combination stereo,cd,navagation,and dvd player. I know Pig who is on this forum installed his own and it is nice!

How about a picture of your car in front of that beautiful new Hotel or Ski resort in the middle of the desert? Are the roads good in that part of the world where you can open her up. Do the enforcement officials have anything that can catch you?

Mark

What more negative have you heard on the Shaker 1000? Not like it is new, been around a while and sounds awesome! Other than the room in the trunk, I think it is worth every penny!

I had just heard that they were very cumbersom in the trunk and for the money the sound is not what it should be. All hearsay from people on this forum and from 2 friends in town who own them and have removed them. I have a nav system so I got a 500 shaker automatically. If you say she rocks then she rocks! :beerchug:

I had just heard that they were very cumbersom in the trunk and for the money the sound is not what it should be. All hearsay from people on this forum and from 2 friends in town who own them and have removed them. I have a nav system so I got a 500 shaker automatically. If you say she rocks then she rocks! :beerchug:

I can not disagree with the limited space it creates in the trunk, well known. :banghead: However, the MAIN reason I took that over the 500 was that I ordered a vert. I figured the extra watts would be of benefit. Being a fleet customer to Ford I had the luxury of having a week or so test drive with many new vehicles. I had the 2007 GT vert and it had the 1000 and it was awesome sounding. I figure I could live without the trunk space but with all that wind noise and exhaust and stuff, the only thing was to go with the 1000. :hysterical2:

Hi There,

I have to admit, I am also a bit disappointed of the Shaker 1000. I think power ist great but the sound quality is somewhat limited, anyway in my case it was not an option anyway as all care that touch the shore here come pre-equipted, and to be honst, better a bit more than not sufficient output. I had an E55 with the HK sound system, and there is no point of comparison, but hey, the GT500 is have the price.

Concerning Dubai, law enforcement is very strict, I would say the strictest I have seen so far. We have radars on all mayor road, and lots of police, surly not with vehicles to keep up but still nice once, for Golf GTI over C class Mercedes to Chevy Luminas (thats the standart car).

Will try to take some pics later. Roads are great, just where I live there is a huge construction going on therefore the car is often "powdered" with sand, which surely isn't great for the filters but what to do. I know that the are a lot of hard feeling towards the middle east, but Dubai is like an island and one of the nices places to stay. Before I lived in India and Argentia. I also stayed in the US for a year, originially and in between my expat stays I am from Germany. Last but not least, Dubai is having only approx. 8% local (very rich) habitants, remaining are expats.

Tom

Hi There,

I have to admit, I am also a bit disappointed of the Shaker 1000. I think power ist great but the sound quality is somewhat limited, anyway in my case it was not an option anyway as all care that touch the shore here come pre-equipted, and to be honst, better a bit more than not sufficient output. I had an E55 with the HK sound system, and there is no point of comparison, but hey, the GT500 is have the price.

Concerning Dubai, law enforcement is very strict, I would say the strictest I have seen so far. We have radars on all mayor road, and lots of police, surly not with vehicles to keep up but still nice once, for Golf GTI over C class Mercedes to Chevy Luminas (thats the standart car).

Will try to take some pics later. Roads are great, just where I live there is a huge construction going on therefore the car is often "powdered" with sand, which surely isn't great for the filters but what to do. I know that the are a lot of hard feeling towards the middle east, but Dubai is like an island and one of the nices places to stay. Before I lived in India and Argentia. I also stayed in the US for a year, originially and in between my expat stays I am from Germany. Last but not least, Dubai is having only approx. 8% local (very rich) habitants, remaining are expats.

Tom

Tom,

Ralistically I think that the only hard feelings are for the terrorists and the extremists that preach only hatred.

Dubai really is an enigma in the region...one of the few places I would feel safe traveling to these days.

Definitely get some good pictures of you GT500 in front of the Burj-al-Arab...that would be totally awesome exotic image!!!

burj-al-arab-dubai-hotel-sail-arab-.jpg

Hi Guys,

thanks for the messages, today I went out to take some pictures. Sadly my wife (she is still on holiday in Germany) has the good camera, therefore quality is low. Somehow it was so hot and bright that they got distorted ... at least the colors.

Here the pics :

gt500-1.jpg

gt500-2.jpg

gt500-3.jpg

gt500-4.jpg

gt500-5.jpg

Regards,

Tomi

Hi Guys,

thanks for the messages, today I went out to take some pictures. Sadly my wife (she is still on holiday in Germany) has the good camera, therefore quality is low. Somehow it was so hot and bright that they got distorted ... at least the colors.

Here the pics :

gt500-1.jpg

gt500-2.jpg

gt500-3.jpg

gt500-4.jpg

gt500-5.jpg

Regards,

Tomi

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Those are pretty cool shots, I have the same color and shaker 1000 as you but I live in Alaska. A friend of mine from Alaska is over there working for BP. His name is Rick Felix, doubt you would know him. I'll tell him to watch for your car though.

Can't help with the Shaker 1000 problem but I too am not that impressed with the system. At least you can still listen to the CD and MP3 player. Do you have XM over there? We don't here in Alaska so that is not an option.

Good luck and enjoy the heat. It's 50 degrees here and the car runs crisp.

Ted

Hi Guys,

Here the pics :

gt500-1.jpg

gt500-2.jpg

gt500-3.jpg

gt500-4.jpg

gt500-5.jpg

Regards,

Tomi

aaaahhhhh....beautiful car and great pictures! Thanks for taking the time to take them and post them

take care,

David

Archived