TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Taking Delivery of your GT500!

SLB8SNK

I hate to do this, but I searched and can not find, so I have to ask the group:

My car, ordered in June, looks like is will more than likely NOT be built during the MI summer months. I worry that it will be built during the winter, which in MI is 6 months! That said, and the fact that I ordered my car from a dealer 200+ mile NORTH in MI, where that now lasts 7-8 months, I fear I will need to make delivery plans.

I know many of you bought cars far away from your local areas. I know I can chance it, pay to have it hauled, or try to get it delivered to a dealer closer to me.

All that said, here are my options and questions:

- Option A - What is the average cost to have the car hauled 200 + miles?

- Option B - How do you go about asking the car to be delivered to another dealer? As well, at WHAT point in the order, build, delivery process does this need to be negotiated? Meaning I am sure there is a cut off point as to when this can be arranged? And does this cause any hardship on either dealer, or create a situation where one wins and one looses? and is there an associated cost?

Sorry if that has been beaten to death. I searched and found some data, but nothing that answers the time lines or method for plan B.

Thanks again.

If you tell your ordering dealer you want the car delivered to your local guy it is not a big deal. However your dealer needs to enter the "drop ship" code prior to the car being "sub to plant" or it will be too late.

You will need to pay your buying dealer up front and he will not charge you the "PDI" fee which you will be paying to the receiving dealer. That fee is $200 bucks.

You need to have your buying dealer talk to the recieving dealer. This is done all the time.

Grabber, thanks again. I think I will at least put the feeler out there by calling the receiving dealer near me and seeing what he says, then calling the buying dealer and explaining my concerns, which I would hope he would understand. It is not like I WANT to do this, but timing is everything and the last thing I want is my car being delivered in Dec-Jan-Feb and attempting to make plans to get it home.

Again, thanks!

I hate to do this, but I searched and can not find, so I have to ask the group:

My car, ordered in June, looks like is will more than likely NOT be built during the MI summer months. I worry that it will be built during the winter, which in MI is 6 months! That said, and the fact that I ordered my car from a dealer 200+ mile NORTH in MI, where that now lasts 7-8 months, I fear I will need to make delivery plans.

I know many of you bought cars far away from your local areas. I know I can chance it, pay to have it hauled, or try to get it delivered to a dealer closer to me.

All that said, here are my options and questions:

- Option A - What is the average cost to have the car hauled 200 + miles?

- Option B - How do you go about asking the car to be delivered to another dealer? As well, at WHAT point in the order, build, delivery process does this need to be negotiated? Meaning I am sure there is a cut off point as to when this can be arranged? And does this cause any hardship on either dealer, or create a situation where one wins and one looses? and is there an associated cost?

Sorry if that has been beaten to death. I searched and found some data, but nothing that answers the time lines or method for plan B.

Thanks again.

The SAI link page lists a bunch of shippers. some of them have calculators - or you could email for a quote.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/links.asp

I ordered my Shelby last September from a dealer in Tenn. Ford delivered her in January to a dealer in Calif. Your dealer should have plenty of time to set it up for you. Receiving dealer may charge a small fee.

I ordered my Shelby last September from a dealer in Tenn. Ford delivered her in January to a dealer in Calif. Your dealer should have plenty of time to set it up for you. Receiving dealer may charge a small fee.

The standard 'PDI" (Pre Delivery Inspection) fee of $200 bucks should be the only fee.

Archived