TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Jessi Combs 1983-2019 RIP

SAI-Steven

10 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Damn, I never knew of or about her Steven. Thanks for sharing that. 

I just read all that and am really amazed at her tenacity and lack of fear. 

R. I. P. Jessie

She had a wonderful bubbly personality BB...I'm sure she'll be missed by her family and her many friends and fans.

3 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

R.I.P.  Jessie!    The bells are ringing, so another angel got her wings!

49 minutes ago, BIKEBOY said:

Damn, I never knew of or about her Steven. Thanks for sharing that. 

I just read all that and am really amazed at her tenacity and lack of fear. 

R. I. P. Jessie

Bells are ringing and wings are flying!   R.I.P.  Jessie

• 3 weeks later...

I was a fan from watching All Girls Garage and other stuff she was in.  Met her at SEMA in 2016.  Got my picture taken with her and got an autographed poster.  She was very gracious in person.  She not only had personality but was very talented which was most impressive.  Loss for her family and friends and a loss for all of us in the car hobby.  

The Petersen Museum in Los Angeles is currently running a special exhibit dedicated to Jessie.

I'm hoping that the SEMA show will also do something in her memory.

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2019/38/motorsports-icon-jessi-combs-to-be-honored-with-tribute-and-special-exhibit-at?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=310143&utm_campaign=eNews

12 hours ago, SAI-Steven said:

The Petersen Museum in Los Angeles is currently running a special exhibit dedicated to Jessie.

I'm hoping that the SEMA show will also do something in her memory.

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2019/38/motorsports-icon-jessi-combs-to-be-honored-with-tribute-and-special-exhibit-at?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=email&utm_content=310143&utm_campaign=eNews

:thumbsup:+1                                                                           :peelout:

• 1 month later...

November 4, 2019 Update from autoblog.com

Cause determined in Jessi Combs' fatal speed record crash, Occurred at speeds near 550 mph

Jessi Combs’ fatal high-speed crash was caused by “a mechanical failure of the front wheel, most likely caused from striking an object on the desert,” accordingto the Harney County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon. This information comes to us two months after Combs’ tragic accident on the dry lake bed of the Alvord Desert. Combs was 39 years old.

The investigation concluded that the front wheel failure “led to the front wheel assembly collapsing.” The sheriff's department says this happened at speeds approaching 550 mph. Both the Harney County Sheriff’s Office and the North American Eagle Race Team collected evidence from the scene to come to this conclusion.

Her cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the head, which happened before the vehicle was engulfed in flames. No other official information regarding the crash was released.