TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest on production numbers, etc.

VNMOUS1

Folks,

Spoke with Jeff at SVT/Ford Perf yesterday. He drew the short stick and was the one that had to do all the number crunching for production numbers.

The counting is done. They're all input into their "system". We tried my VIN and it worked (confirming nothing other than my color, dates, dealer, etc). I told him I had a letter that stated that there had been around 570 units produced as of my date (6/27/07). He wouldn't confirm my actual # of # but said my "information was correct". He's heading out of town for a week. There will not be a phone call or email that lets you know these are available. (They MAY send letters at a later date) They also don't have a final dollar figure to get your certificate (no, they're not free). So, for those of us that want one, he suggested a call to him about mid-week around the 1st of Aug would be appropriate.

He also said that there were over 10,000 produced and that they anticipate 8,000 (+/-) for 2008. There is no 2009 planned (but as we all know, that's up in the air). He wouldn't confirm a model facelift for 2009.

He had an interesting comment regarding the collectability of the GT500. He said a pristine Taurus will be worth more in 25 years. Why? Because no one will be keeping them that way....and a bunch of people will be mothballing GT500s. Sad, but probably true.

(Jeff....if you're checking out the forums, thanks for the time and info. We all appreciate it.)

bj

He had an interesting comment regarding the collectability of the GT500. He said a pristine Taurus will be worth more in 25 years.

I am looking for a Ford Taurus in Pristine condition! Then I am moving over to the Taurusunleashed.com site.

120px-Dancing_Banana.gif

You talked with him yesterday & your just now telling us today :rant:

Thanks for the over 10k number :drop:

I know. I suck. Sorry. I've been up to my....uh....you get the idea.

:banghead:

bj

Folks,

Spoke with Jeff at SVT/Ford Perf yesterday. He drew the short stick and was the one that had to do all the number crunching for production numbers.

The counting is done. They're all input into their "system". We tried my VIN and it worked (confirming nothing other than my color, dates, dealer, etc). I told him I had a letter that stated that there had been around 570 units produced as of my date (6/27/07). He wouldn't confirm my actual # of # but said my "information was correct". He's heading out of town for a week. There will not be a phone call or email that lets you know these are available. (They MAY send letters at a later date) They also don't have a final dollar figure to get your certificate (no, they're not free). So, for those of us that want one, he suggested a call to him about mid-week around the 1st of Aug would be appropriate.

He also said that there were over 10,000 produced and that they anticipate 8,000 (+/-) for 2008. There is no 2009 planned (but as we all know, that's up in the air). He wouldn't confirm a model facelift for 2009.

He had an interesting comment regarding the collectability of the GT500. He said a pristine Taurus will be worth more in 25 years. Why? Because no one will be keeping them that way....and a bunch of people will be mothballing GT500s. Sad, but probably true.

(Jeff....if you're checking out the forums, thanks for the time and info. We all appreciate it.)

bj

Do you have a phone number for jeff at svt.

66hipo

Do you have a phone number for jeff at svt.

66hipo

SVT 800-367-TAURUS, no wait.......

800-367-3788.

bj

Folks,

bj

Woo hoo, mine was produce prior to that date. Maybe I will have a low number

Here are the numbers I got these numbers the first day they had them a couple weeks back (no they are not released yet but these will be the official numbers when released(time will tell)

Shelby Coupe was 8,162

Shelby Convertible was 2,702

total=10,864

Folks,

bj

10,000 units puts it on par with the SN95 Cobra yearly production. It sucks that we have to pay for the SVT build certificate. I guess they have to recoupe the money they spent buying all the 99 Cobra owners those leather jackets.

The number of my car is #4558.

Isn't that great? :happy feet:

What is so great about that you ask?

well it is...

1967 first year

2007 this year

500 horsepower

84 Carrolls age

that equals 4558 :happy feet:

My point??

What does the number matter if it's not 1,2,3,4 or 5??

+1

Even though mine was built the same day as BJ's, I got #1! At least, it's #1 to me.

Archived