TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2020 GT500 Scheduled for production

Thought I would start a need thread for all that have one on order and got build date and VIN

please provide the following 

last four of VIN

Schedule production week

State you are from

build specs

mine below

10/14

MD

Base Rapid Red, Tech Pkg, Handling Pkg, CF instrument panel, Black Vinyl OTT and side strips.

1 hour ago, Jeffrey Duncan said:

Thought I would start a need thread for all that have one on order and got build date and VIN

please provide the following 

last four of VIN

Schedule production week

State you are from

build specs

mine below

10/14

MD

Base Rapid Red, Tech Pkg, Handling Pkg, CF instrument panel, Black Vinyl OTT and side strips.

Week of 10/14?

7 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

Week of 10/14?

Yes got confirmation from dealer and Ford performance that is my build week. Have not been scheduled to day yet but should get that a couple weeks out. On mustang6 forum one person has first week of 9/23 that’s super early but he tracks his 3 GT350s so think he got some special treatment. There are about 5 other guys with me that got 10/14 and some with 10/21. Things are starting to pick up with scheduling so if you got one on order I would call Ford performance once a week and see what they know. I should have mine just in time to put in garage for winter and look at it till March....lol. 

27 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

Nice!, post pics when you get it home.

Copy all, I will definitely post some pics and I can’t wait for Carlisle next year hope we get a bunch of the new 500s there along with all the supersnakes that have been coming. 

July 5th was my Order date. I’m in the waiting mode now got my old car sold and gone so have an empty space in garage. I attached my order form, think she is going to be an amazing car. I modded my last car way to much it’s going to be nice to have one that competes with modded cars but is engineered better all the way around it’s going to be nice to just drive it and enjoy it. 

481BB04A-7962-47A7-9BCC-CC2EF1A3B79B.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Just an update My car went into production today blend date 10/31 est delivery date 11/21. From what I can tell looks like there has been 43 cars have been produced and 53 sent to plant for production not counting the Ford orders for VIPs and executives. No retail orders delivered yet first one should be week of 29 October. We will see my chassis number I’m hoping for under 200 and should be one of first 100 produced for retail delivery. 

1F3467DE-B2CA-409A-A176-4EBB7A159DC2.jpeg

Edited by Jeffrey Duncan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, wnenn said:

0444 scheduled 10/23 and thru body shop and awaiting shipment I guess......we will see.  Wayne

Cool 618 produced but not shipped yet updated delivery is 11/25. Looking forward to your thoughts when you get it I will post mine as soon as I can 

51 minutes ago, sheppd01 said:

Are you going to drive it to the bash this year? 

They just announced the dates for March 19-22 I believe and I’m already clearing my schedule to go. Thought I might tow it but if enough people are driving to meet up with along the way then I would definitely drive it. 

Well I tried to post a pic of the Blower Paper Weight that my Dealer gave me yesterday but its too large.  Its a solid aluminum casting about 3.5" wide X 5.5" long and 1.25" tall and weighs a bunch.  Felt on the bottom.  They ere was also a coffee mug and GT500 Book.  The swag has started.   Wish there was a car to go with it. Still no ship date.  Probably be cold when it gets here.  Delivered just in time to put it away for the winter.  

Wayne  0444

7 hours ago, wnenn said:

Well I tried to post a pic of the Blower Paper Weight that my Dealer gave me yesterday but its too large.  Its a solid aluminum casting about 3.5" wide X 5.5" long and 1.25" tall and weighs a bunch.  Felt on the bottom.  They ere was also a coffee mug and GT500 Book.  The swag has started.   Wish there was a car to go with it. Still no ship date.  Probably be cold when it gets here.  Delivered just in time to put it away for the winter.  

Wayne  0444

Me too Wayne still not shipped built since 10/30. The story right now is it’s a software issue they found on all cars produced before 11/3. Seen pictures of them being moved to a heated storage warehouse while they fix the problem. Rumor has it those of us with the quality problem will most likely not see cars until after Jan 6th. Good news is we are getting one just later then we wanted 

Ordered my July 3rd, rapid red, track pack, was built 10/11 was to have been delivered a week ago then the date was pushed to the 17th and now the date is up in the air as it was still sitting in Flat Rock as of  yesterday. 

42 minutes ago, RJT500 said:

Ordered my July 3rd, rapid red, track pack, was built 10/11 was to have been delivered a week ago then the date was pushed to the 17th and now the date is up in the air as it was still sitting in Flat Rock as of  yesterday. 

Yes hearing that it’s going to be after first of year before we would get ours. Not sure they will deliver any before then. Mr Jackson VIN001 has not received his yet and he paid 1 million plus for his.  It’s alright just need it before the bash in March.   

When I ordered it I was told after the first of the year and then my dealer received delivery dates in November. Was hoping to drive it before it has to be put away for the winter.  I will try to make the Bash this year as well. 

I’m coming from the DC area I remember one year a bunch of people met up along the way picking up cars as we drove at designated locations I hope we figure that out again then roll into Vegas as a group. Looks like you are on pacific coast. 

My car has been released for shipping. I hope to find out next week that it has left the factory and on it's way to papa! I also will be going to Carlisle next year. The wife and I are planning on Mustang Week as well. I will see if I can make the AM work, if I can find enough vacation time. Look forward to meeting some of you!

Any pics of the cars in the warehouse would be appreciated.  MIne is gonna be a simple one.  Performance Blue with white vinyl stripes on  the sides and over the top and the technology package.  I wanted the heated and cooled seats.  $78370.00 msrp.  Finally gonna have one with an automatic tranny😊