TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2020 GT500 Scheduled for production

3 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

there is a bunch of guys over at Mustang6G has their panties in a bunch because this kid got a GT500 before them. haha

To bad so sad IMO...His money is as good as anyone else's money besides they should be happy the GT500's are hitting the dealers

this early.

35 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

To bad so sad IMO...His money is as good as anyone else's money besides they should be happy the GT500's are hitting the dealers

this early.

Exactly, regardless if he is from a rich family.......he is lucky to be one of the 1st ones to get it. 

At least he and his dad(or whoever is his co-pilot) is driving the car from Michigan back to California instead of shipping it.

I will probably keep an eye on his channel, because i wouldnt be surprised that this GT500 will become a GT500 Super Snake (if shelby does one) since his family has a 2014 Shelby SuperSnake Signature Edition and has does some videos at Shelby American with Chris Ruby

Edited by ShelbyEra08

4 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

Exactly, regardless if he is from a rich family.......he is lucky to be one of the 1st ones to get it. 

At least he and his dad(or whoever is his co-pilot) is driving the car from Michigan back to California instead of shipping it.

I will probably keep an eye on his channel, because i wouldnt be surprised that this GT500 will become a GT500 Super Snake (if shelby does one) since his family has a 2014 Shelby SuperSnake Signature Edition and has does some videos at Shelby American with Chris Ruby

Agreed...He seems like a very down to earth and smart young guy...I have been following this guy on youtube for some time and he's got

good content on Mustangs for sure and yes he's driving it home kudos to him...someone had posted on here before that he may be a member on

on this site but don't know under what name he goes by.

No helmet bothered me as well. I’m normally not a huge you tube fan or fan of his but he is so honestly excited and happy just great to see genuine passion and good for him can’t wait to get mine if I’m as excited as he is it’s a huge win for ford. Forget times, weight, all the other BS have people truly enjoy the car is what matters. 

On 12/3/2019 at 7:37 AM, Secondo said:

Wow, running 10.60's at over 132mph  bone stock! And driver not wearing a helmet! Risky, but the car is pretty quick without drag tires! I'm wondering what it could run with slicks! :thumbsup:

nice run no doubt, but it wasn't a world record. That young man shouldn't clcikbait his titles like that if its not true. Here is a video of a guy who wan a 10.614 at 133.21 in the 1/4 mile down in Bradenton Florida over a month ago.

6 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

nice run no doubt, but it wasn't a world record. That young man shouldn't clcikbait his titles like that if its not true. Here is a video of a guy who wan a 10.614 at 133.21 in the 1/4 mile down in Bradenton Florida over a month ago.

Wow..you're a real charmer ain't you.

9 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

I agree with the clickbait titles comment- I had to unsubscribe from the channel because of it. But he's claiming Evan Smith's run was a pre-production car and his was production. He's claiming quickest production GT500 so far but it will be beat soon when someone installs drag slicks and easily breaks the record. I'm guessing 9's with just tire and tune.

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

I agree with the clickbait titles comment- I had to unsubscribe from the channel because of it. But he's claiming Evan Smith's run was a pre-production car and his was production. He's claiming quickest production GT500 so far but it will be beat soon when someone installs drag slicks and easily breaks the record. I'm guessing 9's with just tire and tune.

Thank for the clarification.

4 hours ago, svtkeith said:

Wow..you're a real charmer ain't you.

Nothing negative against the kid, other than he's making a claim that may not be true.  Although I think production vs pre-production is kinda nit-picky, cuz what's really different between the two?

2 hours ago, DrHawkeye said:

Nothing negative against the kid, other than he's making a claim that may not be true.  Although I think production vs pre-production is kinda nit-picky, cuz what's really different between the two?

What's different? Just ask the Vette boys how different their C8 cars will be from the preproduction models running supposedly 2.8 secs 0-60 on only "495" :airquote: HP :hysterical2:

20 hours ago, Secondo said:

What's different? Just ask the Vette boys how different their C8 cars will be from the preproduction models running supposedly 2.8 secs 0-60 on only "495" :airquote: HP :hysterical2:

But this is a GT500 question, so asking them isn't relevant to the discussion.  Anybody from Ford or Shelby know if there's really any differences between pre-production and production GT500s?

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

But this is a GT500 question, so asking them isn't relevant to the discussion.  Anybody from Ford or Shelby know if there's really any differences between pre-production and production GT500s?

Doc I was giving you a current real-world example to answer your question. Back in the 1960's, car manufacturers would bring a tuned preproduction vehicle to be tested by the magazines and then the production vehicles were significantly slower. The current.C8 Vette preproduction car's performance numbers are not consistent when measuring the reported HP vs weight and 0 - 60 times. Ford in recent times has under-reported their HP ratings and usually doesn't report track times. So it's nice to see a real-world production car out in the wild with YouTube videos to prove its performance data. 

42 minutes ago, Captain Beyond said:

...and only 4080 lbs. Not too bad considering a lot of people were complaining about it weighing 4200+ lbs. 

Exactly....like he says the track pack just may be just below the 4000lbs mark which is lighter than many thought it would be...there's no denying

Ford did their homework on this car and it shows.....

On 12/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, svtkeith said:

The young fella can handle a road course with his new GT500 also.

I met this guy on the last day of a bash a couple years ago. I had no idea he was on YouTube at the time.  He pulled in to the parking lot at Shelby American in his 350R and he looked even younger back then lol. He is a good guy.  

Edited by sheppd01