TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is it with some people?

JHawk

What is it with people disparaging a 2013-2014 Shelby GT500? Run-in with some BMW or Porsche twerp, harping that our cars will never be collectible. How the heck would that type of person know? Don't care what they think. Everyone has an opinion. But just what is their beef??????

Well, the truth is that the modern era GT500s won't be collectible.  There are simply too many of them.  You may get a premium in 10 or 20 years for a zero-miles car still in factory plastic, but you'll never fund a retirement account with it.  If you think your car is an investment and it has any miles on it you'd be better off buying a savings bond. 

PS. This isn't the first time this has been discussed.

Edited by twobjshelbys

Any Shelby is collectible. I think some people confuse collectible with investment. 

And Ford Shelby vehicle production is actually a small percentage of total Mustang production, so yes, they are and will always be collectible due to their limited production and unique drivetrains not available in other Mustangs. 

So, what the BMW and Porsche twerps were saying is that Shelbys aren't collectible TO THEM, but they will always be collectible. Even the Dodge Shelbys are collectible, just not to us, but to some. I could care less about BMW's or Porsche's, so to me they aren't collectible at all.

• 2 months later...