TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can't take the wait!

SLB8SNK

I know the largest majority of you had to wait a long time to get your cars, once ordered. Problem I have is that I got a great deal, but from a fairly small dealer. They have two dealerships but in very remote areas and run them like a small time dealer network. Meaning, they probably are on the low priority list! I call them every week or so, and always get, no info yet! I do not want to upset them by being pushy or anything, but there has to be another way to track what is going on? If anyone has any ideas, who to call, how to track, it would be appreciated. All I have is the dealer name, my name, and that my car has been ordered. Not much to go on, but it is what it is, and I am growing very impatient. More so when I hear all of you getting info almost daily! :banghead:

I know the largest majority of you had to wait a long time to get your cars, once ordered. Problem I have is that I got a great deal, but from a fairly small dealer. They have two dealerships but in very remote areas and run them like a small time dealer network. Meaning, they probably are on the low priority list! I call them every week or so, and always get, no info yet! I do not want to upset them by being pushy or anything, but there has to be another way to track what is going on? If anyone has any ideas, who to call, how to track, it would be appreciated. All I have is the dealer name, my name, and that my car has been ordered. Not much to go on, but it is what it is, and I am growing very impatient. More so when I hear all of you getting info almost daily! :banghead:

I'm right there with you, you should have a VIN by now and somebody here will be able to tell you a little more from that. I have tried every possible angle I can think of to get more info on my car. We ordered April 17, the car was built 5/16, and it was released from the ramp on 6/16, still no car and still no word. From what I've been told the dealer has to be motivated and he could probably get you more info, but I'm like you and I don't push too hard.

So the waiting continues and we're sitting in the dark.

Good luck

Stent

Read the FAQ sticky in the arrivals thread. There is info on how to call Ford customer service.

Ok to get to the arrivals forum from this page...

Scroll up and click on the *shelby gt500 forum* to the right of the snake and the words *stangsunleashed.com*

Then will come up a list of the subforums in the shelby GT500 forum section... scroll down and click on *2007 shelby gt500 arrival forum*

That will take u to the 2007 arrivals forum... in there there are *announcements* which contains announcements from the admins and then there is *important topics* this is where the stickys are. Click on the FAQ thread to find your answers!

Ok to get to the arrivals forum from this page...

Scroll up and click on the *shelby gt500 forum* to the right of the snake and the words *stangsunleashed.com*

Then will come up a list of the subforums in the shelby GT500 forum section... scroll down and click on *2007 shelby gt500 arrival forum*

That will take u to the 2007 arrivals forum... in there there are *announcements* which contains announcements from the admins and then there is *important topics* this is where the stickys are. Click on the FAQ thread to find your answers!

Ok found it, but as I stated in the start of this thread, I do NOT have a VIN yet! So I am asking if there is another way? All I have is the dealer name, my name, and what I ordered and the date ordered? :banghead:

Well someone will eventually run across this thread who knows something... :poke:

Thanks. I was just hoping that with all the connections on this site, someone might know a back door to getting at least some info, or enough so I can track it myself. I just think that all the dealers guys know that some dealers are blind while others are in the know, thus they can help.

Thanks. I was just hoping that with all the connections on this site, someone might know a back door to getting at least some info, or enough so I can track it myself. I just think that all the dealers guys know that some dealers are blind while others are in the know, thus they can help.

PM me your phone number.

Well someone will eventually run across this thread who knows something... :poke:

Welcome to the world of 'Material Hold'... which was my status for 8 mos., and there are a few folks who waited longer than I did....it requires patience and unfortunately there is not much you can do.

Stay calm, I really don't think your 08 will be in limbo for as long as my 07 was .... the 08's are not going to be as slow out of the gate as the 07's which experienced a few first-model-year production bottlenecks (from what I heard) last Fall.

Once a week I called Ford Customer Service at 800-392-3673 to check status.

After 8 months on 'material hold', when my order finally was pulled to be built-- the cust service reps at this number had same information on the same day that my dealer did.

At one point about 6 months into the wait I got agitated enough to try contacting someone up the chain of command..... (looking at my notes right now from this past winter)>> I thought I might be making progress rattling the cage when Ford Cust Serv informed me that they had 'escalated' my case to a 'customer care solutions team'. After a week of investigating my stagnant GT500 order, I got a phone call from a well-spoken zone manager-type who informed me that my car was on...national Material Hold! :rolleyes: .....two months later it was built, and I'm 99% sure that my making a fuss was not a factor in expediting anything.

Plain and simple, Ford needs to implement a better system of notifying owners who have confirmed GT500 orders about realistic timetable on production of the car. I would have been much less irritated if they had been forthcoming and just told me straight up front, that the car would be built on date xx/xx give or take 30 days or whatever.....even if I knew it'd be 9 months until delivery.... instead, for >8 months from my dealer and FCS there was a complete absence of ANY information as to what was going on.

In the meantime, take a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to your sales person, it's not his/her fault......& make sure to give your business card also to the overall Sales Manager at the dealer.

Welcome to the world of 'Material Hold'... which was my status for 8 mos., there are a few folks who waited longer than that....it requires patience and unfortunately there is not much you can do.

Stay calm, I really don't think your 08 will be in limbo for as long as my 07 was .... the 08's are not going to be as slow out of the gate as the 07's which experienced a few first-model-year production bottlenecks (from what I heard) last Fall.

Once a week I called Ford Customer Service at 800-392-3673 to check status.

After 8 months on 'material hold', when my order finally was pulled to be built-- the cust service reps at this number had same information on the same day that my dealer did.

At one point about 6 months into the wait I got agitated enough to try contacting someone up the chain of command..... (looking at my notes right now from this past winter)>> I thought I might be making progress rattling the cage when Ford Cust Serv informed me that they had 'escalated' my case to a 'customer care solutions team'. After a week of investigating my stagnant GT500 order, I got a phone call from a well-spoken zone manager-type who informed me that my car was on...national Material Hold! :rolleyes: .....two months later it was built, and I'm 99% sure that my making a fuss was not a factor in expediting anything.

Plain and simple, Ford needs to implement a better system of notifying owners who have confirmed GT500 orders about realistic timetable on production of the car. I would have been much less irritated if they had been forthcoming and just told me straight up front, that the car would be built on date xx/xx give or take 30 days or whatever.....even if I knew it'd be 9 months until delivery.... instead, for >8 months from my dealer and FCS there was a complete absence of ANY information as to what was going on.

In the meantime, take a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts to your sales guy, make sure to give your business card also to the overall Sales Manager at the dealer.

Thanks, and having just spoken with Grabber, there really is little you can do until you have a least a few pieces of credible information. Grabber had a lot of great ideas and great methods, all of which I will try. However, I still need to get some crucial stuff and that has to come from the dealer. The same guys I am trying REAL hard not to bother. I will be a little more patience. I guess a month of no info is still not that bad in comparison to many of you guys. I am out of town next week, so that will keep me occupied, thus I will surely have another email to fire off upon my return.

Thanks everyone!

I gave my salesman 2 options, either I would call him daily and make him as miserable as I am, or he could take care of me, keep me informed of the progress and I'd be sure to slip him a "nice" tip on the side at the conclusion of the deal.

He calls me weekly with updates.... and I visit unannounced weekly to ensure I get them....

Good luck and demand service, you're spending 50 large on a toy....

The reason there is no way of being able to track what is going on is because there is nothing going on at all. Unless your dealer's regional office knows when the dealer's allocation is due to come up there is nothing anyone can tell you.

The dealer's allocation may not come up until June of 08 and could be one of the dealers that won't get their allocation until the last month of production. So at this point the only thing they can say is your car could get scheduled anywhere from next week to next June.

Once the regional office knows when they are scheduled to get allocation then your dealer can find out something. Not until then.

We are having the same problems with getting Escape Hybrids. There are actually less Escape Hybrids available then there are GT500's. We have had one ordered now for over a month. It is a sold unit. We are told by Ford that we won't even know anything until after September. We may never even get it! One dealer just posted they will pay $10K over for any Escape Hybrids! They are bringing as much premiums as a GT500 right now!

Calling CS at Ford will likely get you the same results you are getting from the dealer. Nothing. That is because the only thing they can do is check the system which is the same system your dealer has access to check. It will show nothing until the order is pulled and scheduled.

Now you would THINK a company like Ford would be able to at least provide dealers with information as to what week or month they will get any of their allocation for all of their vehicles. But we're talking about Ford here! Welcome to our world! For the most part dealers are the last to know anything. Ford tells the press information before they tell their dealers.

So unless you can track down the right person at Ford that would perhaps be in the know on anything there is nothing anyone will be able to tell you because no one knows anything.

My understanding is that Ford will give out so much allocation to each region. Then once the region is given x amount of allocation the region is in charge of distributing that allocation out to the dealers within that region. So until the region has allocation to distribute they won't know anything. They might get x amount allocation this month and preplan what dealers will get their allocation from that. If a dealer is not one of the dealers that will get any of that allocation because there was only enough to supply x number of dealers from that batch, then the region won't know when your dealer will get theirs. Once the region is given more allocation again and if your dealer is going to get any allocation this time around then the region will be able to at least tell the dealer what month and week their allocation is scheduled to come up. Then your dealer can at least tell you your car is due to get scheduled the week of X. Then once that week of scheduling comes up then Ford will pull the order from the system and schedule a build date and issue a full vin number.

So until the region knows anything your dealer is left in the dark.

I sold a Shelby GT on ebay back in Dec. Once the listing ended I then ordered the car to the winner's spec's. This was near the end of Dec. Then late Jan. we still have not heard anything. I called the regional office to find out when we are suppose to get our car built. At that time the region was able to look it up and told me our allocation for that car was due to come up the week of March 5th. They actually ended up pulling the order sooner and the car was actually built on March 5th.

How far in advance the region can tell you anything may depend on the region and how much allocation they know they are getting at the time and if they have enough to get each dealer their one car or not. Otherwise they may still not know anything yet until after they got enough to go around and get your particular dealer allocated one.

So at this point the only thing your dealer will know is that they will get at least one car and as long as you are the one promissed that car then you will get it eventually. It could be next month, or the 3 months, or 6 months, or not until the last day of the 2008 production. The longer out it will be until the dealer gets their allocation the longer they will be in the dark not knowing anything. Usually they will know a few months ahead of time. If they know nothing at this time then chances are it will be 2 - 3 months before knowing something. If nothing is known by then it will be another 2 - 3 months before knowing.

Perhaps you should just expect your car will get built in June 08. Then if it gets built before that you are ahead and get a pleasant surprise!

I know it sucks not knowing, but that is how it is, at least with Ford anyway.

Archived